• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sage Nortchutt was the stupidest hype train in sherdog history

I legit don't know how that guy ever made LW.

But talking about her Only Fans is talking about money. And I was responding to somebody who brought up her Only Fans.

Maybe I should have said "PVZ went from hype train to being cut". Let's pretend that is what I said.

maxresdefault.jpg
D3hXLhpWkAACBDS.jpg

When the Sherdog Sage-thing broke out, I managed to think that not only the Sage-fandom, but also the "Conor Bless" stuff that was going on at the same time were some kind of jokes. Took me quite a long time to see my first McGregor fight*, I went around thinking it's some inside joke to pretend to be a Conor McGregor fan up to, I think the Mayweather boxing thing when I kinda realized he's somewhat of a public figure.

*still haven't actually seen a single fight of his, well, I think I have technically seen the Aldo fight, due to the fight literally being the hightlight-gif knockout that gets posted here so often. But I digress...

The point being, I was confused of the fanwagons being real or not.

I also remember some cool video of Sage and Tecia Torres doing some ninja/kata stuff and Sage being oblivious of his chances to shag her (and after that I think Torres got so dissapointed she turned lesbian) - and something about her talking about not his truck, rhymin'.

In other news, I also went about years thinking Eastbound & Down is Breaking Bad and confused about all the critical/audience praise.
leonardo-dicaprio-what-are-you-talking-about.gif

He was a prototypical Giga Chad, had a good personality, would be the marketable white American champ UFC has been craving since Liddell

The two aren't even remotely comparable.. Sage does way more coke than Chuck.

Maybe I should have said "PVZ went from hype train to being cut". Let's pretend that is what I said.
But is it true?
She fought out her contract, but she said prior to that that she wanted to explore free agency, and she went from the UFC to better pay at another promotion. Is that being "cut"?

IMO it was Paulo Costa being the "natty goat".

Oh and yeah a shit ton of people in 2014 were convinced Glover was going to knock Jones out.
Well they were on to something because 8 years later he is champ

Was a mistake for the promoter to cash grab him against Cosmo. Can't put a relative rookie against that guy, he's awesome on the feet.

Was a mistake for the promoter to cash grab him against Cosmo. Can't put a relative rookie against that guy, he's awesome on the feet.
It was a kickboxing bout too wasn’t it? Rough for Sage.

Reactions: MCS
It was a kickboxing bout too wasn’t it? Rough for Sage.

I think it was an MMA bout on a mixed striking and MMA card. But Sage is primarily a striker. Of course should've went for a TD right away, he can do that too.

But Cosmo is a veteran world class striker. Sage went from losing to lesser talent in the UFC to Cosmo, and at 185. Result was shattered jaw and he's been done after that. Bad fight to make, if you want to promote Sage.

And Sage hasnt fought since, I thought he was suppose to be on a March card but that obviously didnt happen.

I think it was an MMA bout on a mixed striking and MMA card. But Sage is primarily a striker. Of course should've went for a TD right away, he can do that too.

But Cosmo is a veteran world class striker. Sage went from losing to lesser talent in the UFC to Cosmo, and at 185. Result was shattered jaw and he's been done after that. Bad fight to make, if you want to promote Sage.

Indeed. That was very surprising (stupid?) matchmaking if there was any intention to make money from/with Sage. Putting a very marketable prospect with a big following, who used to fight average opponents at 155, against an absolute killer experienced striker at 185 … ???

Reactions: MCS
Matched against the wrong guy in his first fight with One. Dude has athletic ability and actually had a good record in the UFC , just doesn't come off as a guy that's going to be a long term fighter despite the physical gifts.

Back