Saddik vs Edwards? Glory 12 question

PirateTetra

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to kickboxing but really enjoyed Glory 11 so I'm definitely watching their next event, Glory 12.

So i browsed their website (http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/events/view/368) and i noticed that this HW fight between Saddik and Edwards is headlining this card and I'm a bit curious why?

What's the story with these two fighters, is it a great main event and why should i be excited for this fight? I would really like to know because I'm really excited about the LW tournament. I really enjoy watching Petrosyan fight and i will be rooting for him!

Rockem sockem robots the best way to describe this fight.

Saddik has a style and the size to pretty much force any fight into a brawl, so it's probably going to get sloppy and crazy at some point in the fight unless one or the other knocks the other guy out early.

I'm pretty new to kickboxing but really enjoyed Glory 11 so I'm definitely watching their next event, Glory 12.

So i browsed their website (http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/events/view/368) and i noticed that this HW fight between Saddik and Edwards is headlining this card and I'm a bit curious why?

What's the story with these two fighters, is it a great main event and why should i be excited for this fight? I would really like to know because I'm really excited about the LW tournament. I really enjoy watching Petrosyan fight and i will be rooting for him!

The other main event will be announced pretty soon. Edwards vs Ben Saddik is a great co main event but it can't be compared with the quality of the 2 fighters who will be fighting in the real main event. Can't say who they are

The other main event will be announced pretty soon. Edwards vs Ben Saddik is a great co main event but it can't be compared with the quality of the 2 fighters who will be fighting in the real main event. Can't say who they are
Thank god that isn't the main lol.

Should be a fun brawl but not a Glory main by any means...

jesus h christ i'm so happy that is the co main event. on the glory website it said it was the main event

The "other" main event will obviously be the final of the Lightweight tournament.

nah, roller said announced pretty soon, rumours are Schilt aren't they?

The "other" main event will obviously be the final of the Lightweight tournament.

Is it?
At Glory 11 the main event was Spong-Corbett and the co-main event Valtellni-Ghajji next to the tournament final. Same goes for Glory 10, main-event Roosmalen-Beqiri and co main-event Kiria-Groenhart next to the tournament final. So they probably are going to announce another co-main event i presume.

would be good to see Schilt or Le Banner in the main :)
how about a Le Banner vs Peter Aerts fight? :D

would be good to see Schilt or Le Banner in the main :)
how about a Le Banner vs Peter Aerts fight? :D
Not gonna happen. They are gonna save those guys for the next Japan event most likely.

Not gonna happen. They are gonna save those guys for the next Japan event most likely.

you're probably right considering the fan base those 3 fighters have in Japan, especially Le Banner and Aerts

Is it?
At Glory 11 the main event was Spong-Corbett and the co-main event Valtellni-Ghajji next to the tournament final. Same goes for Glory 10, main-event Roosmalen-Beqiri and co main-event Kiria-Groenhart next to the tournament final. So they probably are going to announce another co-main event i presume.

They always name a singles-match or two as the main event(s), but they always end up doing co-main (lead-in) to the Tournament final (which ends up as the real the main event).

Even tho Ghajji-Joe was a co-main event it didn't seem like it, there was barely any promotion of it as such either. When you're calling 3 separate fights as "co-main events", you're turning the word into a cliche.

Back