Sad that Claudia lost but

Yes. It was great !

JJ when a opponent attempts anything

giphy.gif
I used to be a straight up JJ hater. I still don't like her personality, but I certainly appreciate what she does in the cage.

I used to be a straight up JJ hater. I still don't like her personality, but I certainly appreciate what she does in the cage.
She's my favorite thing ever. Her personality is one of the best things about her.

Claudia is more skilled than Andrade. She just is smaller and had the wrong gameplan. She is so used to doing whatever she wants to do to these women grappling wise that she got greedy. Andrade is a giant 115 pounder. She is built like a man.
Claudia is bigger ...

Handled her twice? You clearly haven't seen either fight.

Joanna arguably lost the first fight, and she was down two rounds in the second fight before Claudia gassed out.

Joanna beat her twice. Both fights was clear 3-2 for Joanna. No way Claudia beat him at first fight. Claudia didn't gas out at second fight, Joanna made him gas out with her incredible ground defense.

Extremely powerful. Once Claudia decided to grapple, she got beat up.

Andrade is relentless but her left right hook haymaker spamming were easy for Joanna to counter or defend. Still see a rematch going the same way.
I think JJ still damages her and keeps her out on her range, and takes the pep out of her step. I guess we will see though, Andrade has earned he title shot.

Gadelha is the better fighter overall imo but andrade has amazing strength and cardio.. Not implying anything but I was surprised how she didnt slow down one bit with her statue and output.

Jessica is catching up to JJ quick styles

Gadelha is the better fighter overall imo but andrade has amazing strength and cardio.. Not implying anything but I was surprised how she didnt slow down one bit with her statue and output.
I appreciate your non - implication. This was Jessica's 12th UFC bout, you can not imply so much man!

Claudia took a hell of a beating, ref should have stopped it in the third when she was obviously done. Unimpressed with her corner calling for takedowns when she was doing so well on her feet. Hope there are no long term consequences for her from that third round.

Says something about the mma media and the UFC PR that half the people online are unaware that Andrade was taken to school by the champ just four months ago. A rematch would go pretty much the same way too.

Oh and people seem to have missed the fact that Joanna was slammed maybe three times in her fight with Jessica. It was something she trained for, said that Andrade was able to slam her easier than the guys in the gym. She trained to float with the slam and handstand back to her feet.

Last edited:
Claudia took a hell of a beating, ref should have stopped it in the third when she was obviously done. Unimpressed with her corner calling for takedowns when she was doing so well on her feet. Hope there are no long term consequences for her from that third round.

Says something about the mma media and the UFC PR that half the people online are unaware that Andrade was taken to school by the champ just four months ago. A rematch would go pretty much the same way too.

Oh and people seem to have missed the fact that Joanna was slammed maybe three times in her fight with Jessica. It was something she trained for, said that Andrade was able to slam her easier than the guys in the gym. She trained to float with the slam and handstand back to her feet.
it was like fedor when fujita tried to go for a high crotch slam

Jessica doesn't deserve title shot after this. Maybe it's best for everyone that Joanna breaks that record and moves up for 125. There is no way Jessica could beat her. Joanna ground skills are too much for her. If she gets JJ on the ground she is going to only lost her stamina trying to do something

Jessica did look better because she didn't took something like100 body shots and other woman wasn't laying on her for 10 min.
Jessica just took notes from Joanna. Possible that her manager Okamura helped too, because he was manager of Jedrzejczyk when she fought Gadelha x 2, always in her corner, so he had knowledge how to deal with Gadleha.

It made me realize JJ is never losing at 115lbs. Forget about DJ breaking Anderson's record, this chick could utterly destroy it if she wanted to. She will most likely move up in weight to challenge herself though.
One thing I have learned is that in MMA never say never. No one ever leaves this sport unbeaten unless they retire really early and then again I still don't remember anyone doing that.

Joana actually has cardio that lasts longer than a round. Claudia has always gassed after prolonged grappling exchanges. Jessica is one of the most tested athletes in the UFC. Until she pissed hot, she's innocent in my eyes. It's just a shame how USADA is a factor in every fight now adays, whether proven or not.

In before she tests positive lol.
I loved that you were specific in how she gasses out. Like Amanda Nunes the more they grapple the faster they gas out. This is the mistake Valentina made. She thought Amanda would gas out by striking which is why she was so timid. All Valentina had to do was force clinches and that would have done the trick. Even if it lost her an early round it would have ensured her the final few rounds.

Back