Sad Buster Douglas interview

uncookedpork**

Green Belt
Reaction score
On the 20th anniversary of Tyson - Douglas this is an interesting, but very sad interview. Buster seems like a heck of a nice and humble guy, and he never deserved to get taken to the cleaners like this. It is one thing to have had millions and blown it, but to be ripped off from the start is sickening. The people involved should be jailed. Here are parts 1, 2, and 3. This was from approx. 1997.

YouTube - Sad Buster Douglas interview
YouTube - Sad Buster Douglas interview part 2
YouTube - Sad Buster Douglas interview part 3

That's too bad. I've heard his handlers speak about him before. They say he doesn't feel badly for himself and no one else should either. I really liked him though.

Yeah, but what can you do? Buster's a nice guy and all, but that's the business. In fact, that goes for ANY business.

You have to watch yourself, and keep track of where all that money you're generating is going. He could have asked around to find out what was the norm (or I should say fair) in terms of percentages given to promoters, trainers, etc. You don't put the extra bit of work to learn the game, you get taken... legally too. And that goes for establishing a retail store, investing in stocks, or anything else involving money.

And to posters with children, THIS is why you make your kids do their math homework!

I didn't really like how Howard rubbed it in though, but hopefully it gave Douglas a wake up call. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Buster actually doing pretty good for himself financially now? Some kind of business I think?

Don't want to open a new thread, so I'll post this in here... I didn't know that Douglas is in such a shitty state. That CTE struggle is real.

Don't want to open a new thread, so I'll post this in here... I didn't know that Douglas is in such a shitty state. That CTE struggle is real.

He doesn't really sound bad, he never was much of a speaker.

He doesn't really sound bad, he never was much of a speaker.

Comical.
Any time I point out that an ex-boxer has clear signs of brain damage (like I did a while ago in relation to a Bernard Hopkins interview), I get this type of response.
I don't like saying it, but boxing fans are probably the most ignorant sports fans.

Comical.
Any time I point out that an ex-boxer has clear signs of brain damage (like I did a while ago in relation to a Bernard Hopkins interview), I get this type of response.
I don't like saying it, but boxing fans are probably the most ignorant sports fans.

I saw this interview with Douglas only a year ago and he sounds completely different. It’s likely because he’s in a different atmosphere, but it’s possible I suppose he could’ve deteriorated in the past year. Either way, I don’t think you need to lambaste someone because of a reasonable observation.

Yo Dom- why'd you bring the buster here?

Back