News Ryan Hall cleared to fight. Respectfully calls out Dan Ige

NO. Hall is extremely dangerous anywhere on the ground, and in the BJJ world originally became known for his triangles.

well, maybe if he fought more than once every 4 years, he'd be more successful...but if a fighter truly wants to fight, they will get you fights...as is evidenced by Khamzat....hall is a slacker. he can't expect to move up any rankings, when he fights so infrequently. and beating a wayyyyy past his prime penn, doesn't mean very much...valentina would be penn at this stage.

Yeah he's very persistent though.. He's got a pretty sweet spinning kick too which must add a pretty mad dimension if you were fighting him, and some of his other subs aint bad either...He gets that 50/50 position in though and you're fucked.

mabe he needs to fight a tad more frequently.

in some ways, hall reminds me of Palhares. once you can avoid his leg lock/heel hook/knee bar or whatever he does, he's pretty much done. but that's not always that easy.
His strikes have been looking better and better, though.

I mean it would be nice, not sure if he "needs" to though.. Seems pretty content with his BJJ stuff.

sure, but if ever wants to move up in the rankings, he will have to....why bother fighting in mma, if you aren't going to do it full time? I hate these part time fighters.

meh ill watch when he fights,but he will never be top tier

The trash talk between the two in the comments in that first post.

THESE MEN DONT LIKE EACH OTHER!

sure, but if ever wants to move up in the rankings, he will have to....why bother fighting in mma, if you aren't going to do it full time? I hate these part time fighters.
Dunno man, he's a weird guy .. I don't think he's cut from the same cloth most fighters are.. I don't know what his motivation really is, I don't get the impression he's wanting to go for the belt, I could be wrong.

He Will get smashed, and probably in the first round. Halls record is padded and he’s extremely inactive fights like once a year for past few years lol
hall is falling asleep even on his own poster. ige by nokaut!!

I remember back in the day we thought the Jack of all trade young guys would make specializing in one area moot but Hall proves being superlative in one dimension can still make you formidable.
giphy.gif

in some ways, hall reminds me of Palhares. once you can avoid his leg lock/heel hook/knee bar or whatever he does, he's pretty much done. but that's not always that easy.

Tell that to Elkins. Elkins got beat the fuck up from pillar to post by hall.

That isn't right at all though. He beat Elkins easily on the feet, knocking him down twice. I can't even remember him trying to grapple in that.

The dude is more well-rounded that we've been led to believe.

He just does it to test himself against other martial artists.

Been looking forward to seeing Ryan back in the cage for a bit. Glad he is spec up and ready ta scrap.

Sounds like a good match as well.

Back