Ryan Andrews on Tea

*drinks five gallons of tea*

*looks for spouse*

Good article.

I wonder if he's using the generic 'black tea' term to encompass all forms of tea, because I've heard a lot of the same things he attributes to black tea attributed to green tea as well.

Good read, never really thought about bagged tea being just "left overs". I'll need to make an effort to find some loose tea leaves.

Good read, never really thought about bagged tea being just "left overs". I'll need to make an effort to find some loose tea leaves.

The tea bags I buy say they are "100% Whole Leaf." That may be easier to find than brewing with loose leaves.

Probably, but brewing loose leaves looks like fun. If I ever find myself in a japanese tea ceremony, I might not look like a complete idiot. =P

Probably, but brewing loose leaves looks like fun. If I ever find myself in a japanese tea ceremony, I might not look like a complete idiot. =P

The tea used in a Japanese tea ceremony is grean powder tea :)

So any word on green versus black yet?

I found it interesting that they say not to use Milk with tea. Not that I do...but my wife was thinking of doing it. I always tell her to drink it straight up. Thanks for the post!

Matcha FTW.

Yeah, matcha is great. I read how it's much more potent than traditional green tea. I had to get some. I've been drinking authentic imported Japanese match the for several weeks now. Great stuff. I even got the bamboo whisk. :icon_chee It's worth the extra money. I also drink High Mountain Oolong tea.

so white tea comes from teh same plant as green tea, only one if more fermented?

Also, where do I get the loose tea? I only see bagged

so white tea comes from teh same plant as green tea, only one if more fermented?

Also, where do I get the loose tea? I only see bagged

I get my flavored teas from adagio.com, although they have cheaper loose leaf at Asian/ethnic markets or China towns.
PM me with an email, and I can send anyone a $5 gift certificate to adagio.

Yes. All teas come from the same plant: Camellia Sinensis.

The difference in white tea and green tea is that it is harvested before the leaves are open and the buds are covered with white hair.

Green and white tea are unfermented and have been processed very little.

Black tea is fully fermented.

And Oolong tea is somewhere in the middle of black and green/white tea.

Hmmm, using tea as the water in oatmeal...I'm going to give this a try tomorrow morning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back