Ruth, Fortune, Carvalho, Daniels Added to Upcoming Bellator Cards

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/8/...d-ruth-rafael-carvalho-derek-campos-in-action

More former world champions and current contenders have been booked for Bellator’s upcoming doubleheader this September.

The promotion officially announced its headlining bouts for Bellator 245 and Bellator 246, which are set to take place on Sept. 11 and Sept. 12 respectively. Bellator 245 features a rematch between light heavyweights Lyoto Machida (26-9) and Phil Davis (21-5, 1 NC), while Bellator 246 sees Juan Archuleta (24-2) and Patchy Mix (13-0) battle for a vacant bantamweight title in the main event.

New main card fights announced Friday for Bellator 245 include Ed Ruth (8-2) vs. Taylor Johnson (5-1) at middleweight, and kickboxing star Raymond Daniels (2-1) vs. Peter Stanonik (5-4) at welterweight. Former middleweight champion Rafael Carvalho (16-4) is featured on the preliminary portion of the card in a light heavyweight bout opposite Alex Polizzi (6-0).

A lightweight bout between Derek Campos (20-10) and Roger Huerta (24-12-1, 1 NC) has been added to the Bellator 246 main card

The Bellator 245 and Bellator 246 main cards will air live on Paramount Network and the DAZN streaming service, with their preliminary cards available on the Bellator MMA YouTube channel. Both events are scheduled to take place at Bellator’s FightSphere at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

Bellator 245
Main card

Phil Davis vs. Lyoto Machida
Cat Zingano vs. Gabby Holloway
Ed Ruth vs. Taylor Johnson
Raymond Daniels vs. Peter Stanonik

Preliminaries
Rafael Carvalho vs. Alex Polizzi
Tyrell Fortune vs. Jack May
Keith Lee vs. Dominic Mazzotta

Bellator 246
Main card

Juan Archuleta vs. Patchy Mix
Jon Fitch vs. Neiman Gracie
Liz Carmouche vs. DeAnna Bennett
Derek Campos vs. Roger Huerta

Preliminaries
Daniel Madrid vs. Austin Vanderford

Ty Gwerder vs. George Tokkos
Davion Franklin vs. Ras Hylton

Cat vs 4-5, 40 year old Bus driver and Raymond Daneles who is awesome to watch vs some 4-5 Cab Driver/ CAN should NOT be on the main card and Tyrell VS Jack May is not Even though he is on his last fight of the contract, Bellator is Idiotic for doing this!

Coker only cares about is broken old UFC names and Instagram Girls....If they do not come hard to keep Fortune, he is gone!

Last edited:
Cat vs 4-5, 40 year old Bus driver and Raymond Daneles who is awesome to watch vs some 4-5 Cab Driver/ CAN should NOT be on the main card and Tyrell VS Jack May is not Even though he is on his last fight of the contract, Bellator is Idiotic for doing this!

Coker only cares about is broken old UFC names and Instagram Girls....If they do not come hard to keep Fortune, he is gone!
Fortune is also fighting a cab driver, but at least Daniels and Cat are name fighters.

They just need Cat to win cause they dont want to give her a title shot vs Cyborg without winning a fight atleast.

Fitch VS Gracie should be a fun grappling match.

Raymond Daniels is like 40 years old and 2-1. What the fuck are you expecting?

Are you mad because they booked your boy against a 39 years old can yman that is 1-4 in his last 5?

Just celebrate... Fartune is getting back into the W column after this one.

Reactions: lsa
They asked for Roy Nelson, and a few other names.......it was this guy or a LFA fatty!!!!

This is a business. They need to pay Fortune to fight names! He gets paid shit and will more than likely leave Bellasnore

They asked for Roy Nelson, and a few other names.......it was this guy or a LFA fatty!!!!

This is a business. They need to pay Fortune to fight names! He gets paid shit and will more than likely leave Bellasnore
Last time you threatened that and he just reupped. It'll happen again.

Ruth vs. Johnson hurts. I like both. Want both to succeed.

I like Polizzi and desperately want him to win. But I think he's way in over his head vs. Carvalho. His jiu jitsu is not better, his striking is not better. He can wrestle better but whether the fight stays on the feet or he takes it to the ground I don't see how he wins. Maybe Kamaru Usman style. I don't know how else.

Madrid is a fine opponent for Vanderford...

Your boys not ready for the big leagues. He’d get stomped in the UFC.

Lol good old Bellator always gotta throw a couple of wmma on there to fuck up the whole card lol has anybody ever said they wanted to see carmouche fight? Whose bright idea was that?

Lol good old Bellator always gotta throw a couple of wmma on there to fuck up the whole card lol has anybody ever said they wanted to see carmouche fight? Whose bright idea was that?
No joke, not only Bellator but the UFC, too. With Bellator is more notorious because these 4-fight main cards leave legitimate fights in the prelims to make space for WMMA fights nobody cares about. For example, for Bellator 245 they should switch Carvalho vs Polizzi and Zingano vs Holloway. And for 246 is the same, switch the Carmouche fight with Vanderford's. Or just have 5-fight main cards...

Put some respect on Gabby Holloway's name. She's 30, she paid her way through Veterinarian School to become a Veterinarian while she was fighting and trained for MMA in an area where there was no real MMA gyms, the Rhoadesville, Virginia area. Her last fight was in 2017, in which She whipped up on Alexis Dufrense in the 2nd Round to move to 6-5.She chased her American Dream by going out and doing it herself and not using any excuses to keep her from doing it.

Last edited:

I like Polizzi and desperately want him to win. But I think he's way in over his head vs. Carvalho. His jiu jitsu is not better, his striking is not better. He can wrestle better but whether the fight stays on the feet or he takes it to the ground I don't see how he wins. Maybe Kamaru Usman style. I don't know how else.

taylors been cross training with us in Portland and looks amazing. This is a huge opportunity for him

Bellator is putting Roger Huerta on a main card in 2020. In his last 15 fights, he is 4-11 with one of those victories being via DQ.

Ef_pbYLXkAAR1Y6

Polizzi is a going to be bigger and stronger than Carvalho, he'll fuck him up against the cage and beat him up imo. I must admit I've never been particularly impressed by Carvalho, even when he was champion though.

Put some respect on Gabby Holloway's name. She's 30, she paid her way through Veterinarian School to become a Veterinarian while she was fighting and trained for MMA in an area where there was no real MMA gyms, the Rhoadesville, Virginia area. Her last fight was in 2017, in which She whipped up on Alexis Dufrense in the 2nd Round to move to 6-5.She chased her American Dream by going out and doing it herself and not using any excuses to keep her from doing it.
She is tough as hell. Hard worker I think she got a rough dec against Blencowe, which I think she won that fight. Very close fight.

Back