Russian domination in MMA

FictionIsReal

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
tYrv0EG.jpg

mj-laughing.gif

they are just getting started bro, just wait

Throw in Sambo tourneys....... I wanna know how many they have from Sambo and Judo? Thanks

Mexico is ahead of them due to 'TUF Winners'. Nice graphic. How about Top 20 guys?

Great TS. That proves a lot when there are so few Russian fighters in the UFC (and Eastern Europeans in general).

0/10

Throw in Sambo tourneys....... I wanna know how many they have from Sambo and Judo? Thanks
Russians do pretty damn well in sports that pretty much only Russians participate in.

How about Russian domination in NBA ? Or some other stupid shit

This is MMA my friend.

My friend, are you forgetting that Fedor was the HW champ in Pride?

And that Alexander Shlemenko was the MW champ in Bellator, the number two MMA organization probably in the world? And that the current Bellator HW champion is Vitaly Minakov? Or that the prior Bellator HW champion was Alexander Volkov?

I admire that you don't let facts get in the way of the point you are trying to make. That's 4 champs right there, even assuming your criteria are an accurate reflection of MMA prowess (a dubious proposition -- TUF winners, lol -- you do realize most of the recent TUFs were country specific, right?)

Anyways, the larger point isn't that the Russians have dominated IN THE PAST, but that, as in boxing, they very likely will IN THE FUTURE.

Great TS. That proves a lot when there are so few Russian fighters in the UFC (and Eastern Europeans in general).

0/10

UFC is the highest level of MMA competition right now, it's non debatable.

UFC is the highest level of MMA competition right now, it's non debatable.

Its very debatable. UFC is a type of MMA in an octagon. Those same fighters could very well suck in a ring, like they did during PRIDE.

Where is this graphic from and is there a more accurate description?

The chart is skewed. What is the sample size? Where is the data? Is it UFC specific?

First of all, there's by far more Americans and Brazilians in the UFC than Russians. Fair data would show something like pr. "capita" or a percentage based on a total of said countrymen in the organisation.

Secondly, Divions champ? National champ? What does that even mean?

Thirdly, as stated before, TUF contestants have almost exclusively been from the US. Canada, Brazil and the UK has had a few seasons, but that is about it.

The chart doesn't make any sense.

And I'm not saying that the "Russians" or whatever will take over. I find the sentiment annoying. But these "statistics" are bullshit.

Back