Russia/Ukraine Megathread V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a shittier troll than you. Wtf is your goal here? Just antagonize everybody with your views?

It's to show that basically all world leaders are bad guys and you lot are a bunch of morons for buying into this theater. Useful idiots. The common man has been manipulated since the beginning of human civilization, and will continue to be until the end of it.

Has he inspired them, or are they self motivated to fight for their own land? The projections that they'd steamroll Ukraine were based off of the assumption of a much more competent and ferocious Russian military, not one with outdated equipment and teenage conscripts that don't want to be there. Russia's capacity was overestimated, at least in regards to conventional warfare.

They're self motivated, but they wouldn't be getting billions of dollars worth of military equipment. If Yanukovych had been in charge when this happened, he would have fled, and there wouldn't be anyone doing speeches to the US congress and EU and UK Parliaments; convincing them to hand over all that military hardware.

Why are Ukrainian forces not using mortars in this conflict?
Here is the US Army M224 60mm lightweight mortar. This piece of equipment is essential for any Infantry Company.
m224-60mm-mortar-002.jpg

They're self motivated, but they wouldn't be getting billions of dollars worth of military equipment. If Yanukovych had been in charge when this happened, he would have fled, and there wouldn't be anyone doing speeches to the US congress and EU and UK Parliaments; convincing them to hand over all that military hardware.
Trust me, no one had to do any real convincing to the US and the rest of the West to wage a proxy war against Russia.

It's to show that basically all world leaders are bad guys and you lot are a bunch of morons for buying into this theater. Useful idiots. The common man has been manipulated since the beginning of human civilization, and will continue to be until the end of it.

You know saying that would constitute a criminal offence in Russia or China? Yet in the west I'm totally free to call Boris Johnson a cunt and question how often senile Joe Biden shits his pants and has to be wiped clean by his handlers.

That should make it more or less clear that our stance on Ukraine has nothing to do with the Ukrainian people and everything to do with Western politics.
In the early days of the conflict, Biden wanted Zelensky to negotiate with Putin. When he saw how well the Ukrainians were doing against Russian forces, he decided to support them with weapons.

Reactions: MTT
Here is the US Army M224 60mm lightweight mortar. This piece of equipment is essential for any Infantry Company.
m224-60mm-mortar-002.jpg
They aren't?

Reactions: lsa
m224-60mm-mortar-002.jpg

I've seen quite a few examples of Ukrainian mortar teams + their recon drones.

m224-60mm-mortar-002.jpg

Of course they are using mortars, what makes you think that they are not?

Trust me, no one had to do any real convincing to the US and the rest of the West to wage a proxy war against Russia.

Except that Germany, for example, was for reluctant for quite a some time, and started by sending some absolute junk. They've joined the train after they've realized it cannot be avoided without losing face,

If Ukrainian politicians, with Zelensky weren't able to convince the West that Ukraine will fight well, the help quite likely wouldn't be as significant.

I've seen quite a few examples of Ukrainian mortar teams + their recon drones.
I have not seen any footage of Ukrainians using mortars. If anyone has them, could you please post it? Thanks.

Last edited:
In the early days of the conflict, Biden wanted Zelensky to negotiate with Putin. When he saw how well the Ukrainians were doing against Russian forces, he decided to support them with weapons.

I think that poster is also wrong about this guarantee of unconditional support from the West. Countries on the Russian energy tit are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think Zelensky has done a great job applying pressure along the way.

Bingo!
Thanks. Yeah, that is a small 60mm mortar at 1:05. Not US, I believe an M57 from Yugoslavia.
The others would be 81mm and 120mm, too heavy to carry around in the woods. The base plate, tube, and ammo are the hard pieces to move around. A lot of respect for mortar guys and what they had to hump. I have experience with shooting the 60mm and being at the receiving end of 81mm. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in the receiving end of Russian heavy artillery - 240mm.

Last edited:
His point is retarded is the argument is that NATO is prolonging the war.

NATO has absolutely no say in the matter.

Actually they can, they can always flee Ukraine, its not like Western Europe is trying to stop Ukrainian refugees from leaving the country, they can also surrender to Russian invaders if they choose so.

But in the end its asinine because even if it take his retarded point at face value, its still not the fault of NATO, but the democratically elected government of Ukraine that is refusing to surrender.

Nope. They can't just flee Ukraine.... mate even international students were turned away from the borders at the beginning... even trans arent allowed to leave.... so no. They can't just " leave " ( they weren't turned away by western European nations... just Ukrainian border guards )

https://mronline.org/2022/03/29/ukr...ting-at-them-they-are-at-war-with-each-other/

Now I'm sure this guy is a bit full of it. And you'll all just go " Russian shill" . But it's not as simple as deciding fuck it I'll surrender. Say / Do that around the wrong people you're fucked .. without a doubt . Then there's what the Russians decide to do with POW's... which could be iffy. As well Considering some of the stories out about pow treatment. Being able to flee would have been by far the safest option. Especially once Russia views all the men the same as Ukraine . ( combatants)

It's not the fault of NATO no.. but it will get to a point that without nato and the weapons from the west this would already be over. Whether you assign blame on nato then is up to you.

The democratically elected government of Ukraine has already banned certain opposition parties. ( 11 parties) over 45 seats in parliament. Banned in a democracy......

There would be thousands off people against the actions and continued fighting in Ukraine.... if not millions.

Yes . It's Russia's fault for invading . It's not NATO's... but it's a positive for more nato nations and the West to bleed Russia.. by bravely cheering Ukraine on as they fight over regions that 7 years ago were already in Russian control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back