Rumour - Silents Hills/Kojima back on and Bluepoint deep into Metal Gear Solid 1 remake

GtehMVP

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://gamerant.com/rumor-hideo-kojima-silent-hills-ps5-konami/

I've seen a few places report on the Silent Hills rumour, but this one seems to be taken more legitly?

I hope it's true, that game had so much potential. Would be a great coup for Sony if they can convince Konami to license out their great IP's.

According to the same source, Blue Point (Demon's Souls remake guys) have already been working on the MGS 1 remake for 3 years. I'm not sure how big their studio is, seeing that they've been hard at work on Demon's Souls for years already, but great news if True. I'd love to see MGS 1 get a total remake

With Elden Ring rumoured to be shown at the Game Awards, this could be the best one yet.

It seems legit. Remakes/Remasters have been selling like hotcakes, with Kojima out of the picture why would Konami risk losing a ton of money with a new MGS when they can just remake the first one?

I dont know what to think about this. Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games of all time but I have a hard time imagining what they could do to really make a remake worthwhile. It's significantly older than Shadow of the Colossus or Demon Souls and would require a lot more than graphical upgrades. Also, MGS5 in the Fox engine was fantastic but I believe that's Konami property now so whatever engine they use is going to have to compare to that.

Just please bring back David Hayter.

I dont know what to think about this. Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games of all time but I have a hard time imagining what they could do to really make a remake worthwhile. It's significantly older than Shadow of the Colossus or Demon Souls and would require a lot more than graphical upgrades. Also, MGS5 in the Fox engine was fantastic but I believe that's Konami property now so whatever engine they use is going to have to compare to that.

SOTC and DeS look considerably better than MGSV. I wouldnt be worried. I assume MGS would be in third person, which would work fantastically well. I just hope they clean up some of the dumb missions like the eycard turning blue in a cold area and orange in a hot area.

Good post. +1 on MGS5. And I just watched a film last night called Wolves directed by Hayter. It was cheese but cool in a vibe most Rob Zombie, if that makes sense. Werewolf biz is arguably my favourite folkloric trope.

I'd imagine it would be a complete remake built from the ground up. You can't just shine up a PS1 game and call it a day.

I'd imagine it would be a complete remake built from the ground up. You can't just shine up a PS1 game and call it a day.

I do think they will completely remake it but I have seen some companies try to do exactly that. SE has done it with some of the FF games.

i look forward to playing the 4th remakes of mgs/sh/re in 2035

I do think they will completely remake it but I have seen some companies try to do exactly that. SE has done it with some of the FF games.

You can get away with it with JRPG's a lot easier, since the gameplay still holds up and a lot of people actually prefer the old 2D look and style, and don't mind a simple visual upgrade. You could do it with others as well, as long you let fans know what your goal was and set a decent price point on it. I just think it's harder to sell with games that haven't aged well, with gameplay that has been fundamentally improved upon throughout the years. Not that MGS1 has aged terribly, but there are some mechanics that are very archaic and rough around the edges.

For sure. I just don't know what that would be. If they can make a modern update but still respect the tone and atmosphere of the original work I'm all for it.

I'm on Team Remake. Bring them ALL on and more, remaster or remake. I'm a big supporter of making older games work better with modern technology. I'm not a supporter of console exclusives though.

For sure. I just don't know what that would be. If they can make a modern update but still respect the tone and atmosphere of the original work I'm all for it.
Which is why they should use the original audio and soundtrack.

Ok... here we go... this is about the 30th rumor about Silent Hill being brought back, and the 2nd rumor about Metal Gear Solid.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of MGS1 being remade. It was perfect for that era of videogames and truly showed how cutscenes and high-quality voiceacting would advance storytelling within the medium.

However, videogames have changed, and IMHO, a loyal remake of MGS1 wouldn't be as awesome in 2021/2/3 as the original was in 1998.

For one, we got a taste of how a 3rd-person remake of MGS1 would look when Snake goes back to Shadow Moses in MGS4... and... it wasn't very fun. Most of MGS1's levels were cramped rooms and hallways, while 98% of MGS5 was desert landscapes you could see for hundreds of yards in every direction.

There's going to have to be some BIG changes to the original MGS for it to be as impactful as the original release, which for those who just want a new coat of paint on the original game, are not willing to accept.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Yeah, I don't know how they could create this alongside the source code like they did for SOTC and DeS.

I can see them including original voice acting/sound effects alongside remastered or rerecorded, which we can change on the fly.

Blue point are beyond legit, so I cant wait to see what they do with this. I dont replay too many games, but I've probably done this one 5 times over years.

You guys ever see the intro remade in Unreal?

Last edited:
I’d trust Bluepoint with just about anything. They’ve completely earned it with their fantastic remakes.

I’d say that’s more likely to happen than Silent Hills ever seeing the light of day.

Not gonna get my hopes up but I’d be stoked if either of these happens.

Ok... here we go... this is about the 30th rumor about Silent Hill being brought back, and the 2nd rumor about Metal Gear Solid.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of MGS1 being remade. It was perfect for that era of videogames and truly showed how cutscenes and high-quality voiceacting would advance storytelling within the medium.

However, videogames have changed, and IMHO, a loyal remake of MGS1 wouldn't be as awesome in 2021/2/3 as the original was in 1998.

For one, we got a taste of how a 3rd-person remake of MGS1 would look when Snake goes back to Shadow Moses in MGS4... and... it wasn't very fun. Most of MGS1's levels were cramped rooms and hallways, while 98% of MGS5 was desert landscapes you could see for hundreds of yards in every direction.

There's going to have to be some BIG changes to the original MGS for it to be as impactful as the original release, which for those who just want a new coat of paint on the original game, are not willing to accept.
That's exactly how I feel.

Yeah, I don't know how they could create this alongside the source code like they did for SOTC and DeS.

I can see them including original voice acting/sound effects alongside remastered or rerecorded, which we can change on the fly.

Blue point are beyond legit, so I cant wait to see what they do with this. I dont replay too many games, but I've probably done this one 5 times over years.

You guys ever see the intro remade in Unreal?

I love that because as I keep saying, it uses the original audio and soundtrack so it still hits all the nostalgia notes for me. I can close my eyes and it takes me back to 1998.
Unlike this shit...

Back