Rumor UFC Wants Jim Rome As Goldy Replacement

OnlyHospitableHummingbird.gif

There isn't anyone mainstream that's better or more well known for that position.

That's where you're messing up. You think the person has to be better to get the job.

Rome has millions of listeners and if Rome gets the job he will be talking about the UFC non stop on his show and bring more fans to the UFC.

WME-IMG is all about the vertical integration.

Lulz. Rome is such a Conor sackrider, it's ridiculous. Interesting choice though. His mma acumen is very low,however.

I honestly had no idea this many people hated Jim Rome. If you all think that he is as bad as you say he is, then wouldn't the best punishment for him to be sat next to a straightforward, witty, comedian that would put him in his place constantly? I mean, goldie was a dummy, and we all enjoyed him getting destroyed by Rogan, right?
Rogan is not the kind of guy to play ball and take one for the team. If he doesn't like it, he's gone.

I don't think he has a restrictive contract if he wants to leave and not go elsewhere.

trump, gibson and sheen are all mainstream.....some redneck wrestling announcer isn't

In wwe's heyday that redneck was calling the fights on one of the biggest shows on tv. You might want to rethink that statement. Just about anyone remotely familiar with wrestling and all similar sorts of "sports entertainment" know who Jim Ross is. If you watched the rock, stone cold Steve Austin, HHH, and the undertaker back in the day, you know who Ross is and he's one of the best. He's definitely and infinitely more qualified than Rome, Goldberg, or fucking Mario Lopez

Funny that I even give a crap. I haven't watched wrestling in over a decade but I'm sure a lot of people that still do or that are like me would prefer Ross over all the other rumored douches

Does this Jim Rome guy know anything about MMA? Or is he going to be worse than Goldie?

I really like Jim rome as a sports analyst. Imo hes real. He tells it like it is. I'm not sure of his mma knowledge though

He's definitely and infinitely more qualified than Rome, Goldberg, or fucking Mario Lopez

Again, this is where people are going wrong. Mainstream is not about who is most qualified to do the job. It's about who has the best vertical integration....who is going to bring in the most viewers with them and already has a huge following.

Jim Ross is simply not "mainstream". Is he well known, yes. Is he good at his job, sure.

Brian Stann is superior to all of these loser names being thrown around.

stann does color not pbp.pbp is very difficult you have to keep things moving, eventually every pbp person says dumb shit because you literally just run out of interesting things to say.

Lol what? Does this guy have any pbp experience whatsoever?

I like Jim Rome. He's certainly a lot less "clowny" than Goldberg is.

Still, I'm not sure this will work. He has a monotone voice and he still has to deal with mega hypster Rogan.

Look, if the UFC is going to take the next step, they do need to shed their "small time" feel that comes with Goldberg, Rogan and Buffer (and Dana).

I'm just not sure Rome is the guy to get it done, grabbing the baton from Goldberg.

Back