Rumor: Former WWE star signed with AEW / Tentative Plans For AEW Debut

I'm old and been making the comparison since the early 2000's so I had no idea TMZ had evolved credibility.

The concept is weird and scary to me.

giphy.gif
lol they reported kobe's death before anyone did and they have broken some stories in the past. It's a wild time.

How bad they looked? Are you being a WWE fanboy or am I missing something? I don't think they've looked bad. I question some of their stuff. Like Jericho taking a chair shot and kicking out of a finisher only to run ahawn spears into a wedged chair between the ropes, take a regular bump and get the win.

But their shows have been entertaining. I feel like the only people that shit on AEW are the jim cornettes of the world or people who don't like deathmatches. I kinda agree on the latter, I've outgrown that hardcore stuff lol. I just like good wrestling and I think AEW provides that.
They have literally looked like retards since the brand began, if seeing that for what it is makes me a Jim Cornette of the world then call me Corny.

Cornette is a guy or a name who marks use to dismiss any criticism of AEW, oh you dont celebrate this new promotion purely because you love wrestling and want to be enthused about an alternative brand, YOURE LIKE JIM CORNETTE! I have something in common with Cornette. I have watched AEW with high hopes and hoped like crazy they'd be awesome. But I gotta call it like I see it. Just sucks. Still keeping an eye on it, but the same way I did for Wcw when they started to crumble. But still, dismissing everyone if they aren't gonna play ball and appreciate the hell out of something just because its alternative option.

Fuck that. AEW has committed more irreparable damage in 2 years to the business than WWE does in 5. The entire concept of a wrestling match is flushed down the toilet on a show that's supposed to be about the wrestling. So basically AEW is devoid of content. Why we watch isnt what we are getting and anything else just looks uncoordinated and randomly thrown together. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

They have literally looked like retards since the brand began, if seeing that for what it is makes me a Jim Cornette of the world then call me Corny.

Cornette is a guy or a name who marks use to dismiss any criticism of AEW, oh you dont celebrate this new promotion purely because you love wrestling and want to be enthused about an alternative brand, YOURE LIKE JIM CORNETTE! I have something in common with Cornette. I have watched AEW with high hopes and hoped like crazy they'd be awesome. But I gotta call it like I see it. Just sucks. Still keeping an eye on it, but the same way I did for Wcw when they started to crumble. But still, dismissing everyone if they aren't gonna play ball and appreciate the hell out of something just because its alternative option.

Fuck that. AEW has committed more irreparable damage in 2 years to the business than WWE does in 5. The entire concept of a wrestling match is flushed down the toilet on a show that's supposed to be about the wrestling. So basically AEW is devoid of content. Why we watch isnt what we are getting and anything else just looks uncoordinated and randomly thrown together. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
I enjoy the brand. I just don't like the death matches and some of the psychology that goes on in the matches, but overall its not a bad product, imo. I'm enjoying wrestling right now as a whole tbh, the only show I don't like too much is raw, especially after they disbanded the hurt business. Roman has been good, impact from what I saw good, ROH not too bad.

I enjoy the brand. I just don't like the death matches and some of the psychology that goes on in the matches, but overall its not a bad product, imo. I'm enjoying wrestling right now as a whole tbh, the only show I don't like too much is raw, especially after they disbanded the hurt business. Roman has been good, impact from what I saw good, ROH not too bad.
Yeah, Raw is steaming garbage. Agreed. I like Hangman, I think he knows how to work a match, but I just can't fixate on anything long enough to be like, wow that was a really good Dynamite. I keep my fingers crossed it can improve but I feel they've already spent their wad in terms of their products potency

I hate when he does that and then people report it as news. The last 30 seconds summed up the entire video.

If Bryan is signed to AEW, he's gone, if he's not maybe WWE gets a deal with NJPW and he signs with WWE.

He spent 17mins telling us nothing.

Dave is not really a journalist. He's a blogger. He has inside sources sometimes, but it seems like most of what other dirtsheets report from him are just him speculating and rumors. He didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. He digested the public information out there and talked about it lol

Dave was the best back in the day but that's a low ceiling. He treated it like journalism while the other dirt sheets were more along the lines of fanboy speculation and unverified rumor. Since then, the business has passed him by. Now that there's no kayfabe and less loyalty, anyone can get better info now than he did back when he was king.

Dave was the best back in the day but that's a low ceiling. He treated it like journalism while the other dirt sheets were more along the lines of fanboy speculation and unverified rumor. Since then, the business has passed him by. Now that there's no kayfabe and less loyalty, anyone can get better info now than he did back when he was king.
Yeah, I wouldn't say great. I would say he was the only one in the marketplace at a time where there was not a lot of wrestling Journalism or interest done on a professional level. There's nothing to me that says he's a journalist. He's a blogger. And that's fine, but call it what it is. I'm not hating on the guy when I say this. There are ton of successful bloggers, terez owens, TMZ, You name it. They are not journalists. Dave doesn't have the same journalistic quality as an ESPN or a local newspaper and never has. He's a guy that has some connections in the industry, writes about it, writes what he thinks will happen(which sometimes happen) and may have an inside source on some things.

But as far as knowing who are the button pushers, knowing stuff like that. I take what he says with a grain of salt. Dirtsheets love to recirculate his stuff and even ask his opinions on things on things where it should carry little to no merit sometimes so they can pass it off. It's not all entirely his fault. They grandfather him in so to speak, they keep referring to him even as you said the industry has passed him by a little bit.

We've seen with the UFC anti-trust suit how he was wrong on a lot of things. For example PPV numbers, he was off by 200k, 300k when he reported the numbers. UFC fans used him as a credible source for awhile before he started getting phased out more and more by ufc writers. I barely see him posted anymore by mma fans. Barely any at all. They caught along quicker than the pro-wrestling world did.

Hope Punk gets a cage fighter gimmick and they use Bryan to job to young talent ...

Hope Punk gets a cage fighter gimmick and they use Bryan to job to young talent ...
I'm curious who do they put them with? I think Kenny Omega is putting hangman over alot, he's growing as a star, but I think Kenny Omega needs to win the title and have one of these guys feud with Punk or bryan, but there's one issue with this. Hangman is a babyface right now and there's no way punk or bryan will be heels coming in. The crowd won't allow it. So I don't know. Does bryan work with Kenny? Does punk work with Darby? I don't know. Does Punk work with MJF after MJF defeats Jericho? I can see that. I just feel bad for hangman, he's getting the biggest pops of the night but it almost feels like he's going to be the jericho vs hhh at wrestlemania buzz. Meaning, that was the main event but everyone really paid to see hogan vs rock.

Same way I have felt watching the product. I dont like to shit on it because I wish them well and have seen some really good matches but they book so much garbage and have a lot of talent that should not be on tv.

Hope Bryan and Punk can turn it around.

Brian Cage is a legit monster and my favorite part of AEW

Same way I have felt watching the product. I dont like to shit on it because I wish them well and have seen some really good matches but they book so much garbage and have a lot of talent that should not be on tv.

Hope Bryan and Punk can turn it around.

Brian Cage is a legit monster and my favorite part of AEW
@borntoloseNOT

The question I'd ask to both of you is...What promotion is doing wrestling correct in your world view? Which is the closest to being an entertaining product? If you had to choose.

Glad hes out wwe. Literally boring ass and annoying. Glad we dont have to hear his stupid music and yes chants.

I'm curious who do they put them with? I think Kenny Omega is putting hangman over alot, he's growing as a star, but I think Kenny Omega needs to win the title and have one of these guys feud with Punk or bryan, but there's one issue with this. Hangman is a babyface right now and there's no way punk or bryan will be heels coming in. The crowd won't allow it. So I don't know. Does bryan work with Kenny? Does punk work with Darby? I don't know. Does Punk work with MJF after MJF defeats Jericho? I can see that. I just feel bad for hangman, he's getting the biggest pops of the night but it almost feels like he's going to be the jericho vs hhh at wrestlemania buzz. Meaning, that was the main event but everyone really paid to see hogan vs rock.
Here's how you do it imo. You don't have Hangman win at All Out. Omega v Hangman goes to a 60 minute time limit draw with Hangman being the one to kick out of the One Winged Angel in the last few seconds of the match. It'll be a massive moment in Hangman's career and let's him keep momentum and fan support.

After the match CM Punk's music hits and you have him come out to face/attack Omega to a tremendous pop so you'll have face Punk v heel Omega.

As for Bryan I think there's loads of talent you could throw him with for his possible debut in New York. Darby, Ethan Page, Ricky Starks, MJF, Lance Archer, etc. They all work.

Here's how you do it imo. You don't have Hangman win at All Out. Omega v Hangman goes to a 60 minute time limit draw with Hangman being the one to kick out of the One Winged Angel in the last few seconds of the match. It'll be a massive moment in Hangman's career and let's him keep momentum and fan support.

After the match CM Punk's music hits and you have him come out to face/attack Omega to a tremendous pop so you'll have face Punk v heel Omega.

As for Bryan I think there's loads of talent you could throw him with for his possible debut in New York. Darby, Ethan Page, Ricky Starks, MJF, Lance Archer, etc. They all work.
I don't see hangman keeping the momentum if he doesn't win the belt. I think this is his best chance to become a star. He's not great on the mic, Kenny omega is really doing all the lifting here. Hangman just has to scream occasionally and give a buckshot lariat to his cronies and crowds are popping hard for this dude.

Punk challenging for the title immediately makes no sense booking wise, because in aew you need a few single wins to challenge for the title. Will aew throw out the records for punk? I think it would be horrible booking.

I don't see hangman keeping the momentum if he doesn't win the belt. I think this is his best chance to become a star. He's not great on the mic, Kenny omega is really doing all the lifting here. Hangman just has to scream occasionally and give a buckshot lariat to his cronies and crowds are popping hard for this dude.

Punk challenging for the title immediately makes no sense booking wise, because in aew you need a few single wins to challenge for the title. Will aew throw out the records for punk? I think it would be horrible booking.
You reckon? I feel like Hangman's popularity has been consistently rising and they could easily take a page out of Gedo's book with this feud.

I didn't mean challenge immediately, but give Punk a win over someone like Mox and it'll sky rocket him. Omega would have already beaten Hangman, Pac, Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, and Mox twice. It's like if GSP came out of retirement and immediately beat Wonderboy. Usman has already beaten the top contenders at welterweight, so you'd have to give it to GSP and it would be a big match.

You reckon? I feel like Hangman's popularity has been consistently rising and they could easily take a page out of Gedo's book with this feud.

I didn't mean challenge immediately, but give Punk a win over someone like Mox and it'll sky rocket him. Omega would have already beaten Hangman, Pac, Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, and Mox twice. It's like if GSP came out of retirement and immediately beat Wonderboy. Usman has already beaten the top contenders at welterweight, so you'd have to give it to GSP and it would be a big match.
What's the rule on challenging for the title? How many single wins does one need in storyline? I only found out this was a thing when the evil uno mentioned it in a promo last week.

Kenny Omega is a built star. His name is solidified. Him feuding with CM Punk is good business at the box office, but itr doesn't help create new stars. That's my issue with it. It can't go the TNA route of booking hot matches now and lettings young stars fall by the wasteside. AEW did great putting Sting with Darby. I feel Darby's star power really went up. I think punk has to do a program with a hot prospect either off the bat or soon after.

But your way is plausible too. I don't want to be sound like I'm dismissing it. I'm just trying to understand it. I guess an example would be rhodes and black, but then again I don't think black was ever established, just considered a hot prospect.

What's the rule on challenging for the title? How many single wins does one need in storyline? I only found out this was a thing when the evil uno mentioned it in a promo last week.

Kenny Omega is a built star. His name is solidified. Him feuding with CM Punk is good business at the box office, but itr doesn't help create new stars. That's my issue with it. It can't go the TNA route of booking hot matches now and lettings young stars fall by the wasteside. AEW did great putting Sting with Darby. I feel Darby's star power really went up. I think punk has to do a program with a hot prospect either off the bat or soon after.

But your way is plausible too. I don't want to be sound like I'm dismissing it. I'm just trying to understand it. I guess an example would be rhodes and black, but then again I don't think black was ever established, just considered a hot prospect.
There isn't really a rule, they just have to be in the rankings. There's been a couple exceptions in the past with open challenges, winning number one contender battle royals, or pinning the champion in a tag match but it's a rarity and usually only done to bring an relative unknown into the spotlight.

Tbh I had the thought in my head of the time limit draw before the whole CM Punk/Bryan Danielson news. I'm just a fan of that style of booking. I agree with your point about TNA though. I feel like so far they've done well with that. Jericho putting over MJF and Cassidy, giving Sammy the rub, Sting with Darby as you said, Taz with Starks, etc.

That's fair. I wouldn't mind if you dismissed it anyway lol I'm just having fun sharing my opinion and reading yours. I guess Cody was already a WWE guy as well, so you could see it as WWE guy v WWE guy.

There isn't really a rule, they just have to be in the rankings. There's been a couple exceptions in the past with open challenges, winning number one contender battle royals, or pinning the champion in a tag match but it's a rarity and usually only done to bring an relative unknown into the spotlight.

Tbh I had the thought in my head of the time limit draw before the whole CM Punk/Bryan Danielson news. I'm just a fan of that style of booking. I agree with your point about TNA though. I feel like so far they've done well with that. Jericho putting over MJF and Cassidy, giving Sammy the rub, Sting with Darby as you said, Taz with Starks, etc.

That's fair. I wouldn't mind if you dismissed it anyway lol I'm just having fun sharing my opinion and reading yours. I guess Cody was already a WWE guy as well, so you could see it as WWE guy v WWE guy.
I think Cody has that WWE stink off him whereas the black doesn't. Hell, black has no scent. lol. He was barely established before he was let go. As crazy as it sounds, I think this is one of his best career highlights and he hasn't even wrestled a match in AEW yet. I've seen his takeovers, from what I remember I don't think the reaction was like this.

I do see your point though. If CM Punk comes back, they need to put him with someone that has to hold his own. He can't get crushed on the mic. He has to be able to get real heat too. Omega in my opinion is the best for that. I really don't think there's anyone else in the company that can match the intensity needed to make the feud hot. The great thing about AEW is the fans let the heels, be heels.

But if we are thinking long term and hangman, I'm just concern with that. I don't want wwe guys coming in and it just being known for wwe. Miro(Rusev) even had to wash the stench off him with the best man gimmick.

Back