Rumble vs Weidman @ 205

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If Weidman moved up to 205, how do you think he would do against Rumble?

Weidman via RNC or Rumble via KO are the only outcomes IMO ill give the tiny slight edge to The Chris

The Chris via darce

i25174_WeidmanLawlor.gif

The Chris utilises his superior wrestling to wear Rumble down and even Italy submit him. Rumble does have chance of KOing him early, who knows how Weidman would react if he was hit like DC was.

Romero/Rumble would be more pleasant and interesting

Would be quite interesting

Rumble probably via ko/tko

Rumble via being bigger and stronger. Rumble on fight night probably weighs a solid 225 full of force. Weidman's ideal weight come fight night while still being effective and not a slob is probably around 210 -215 max.

I think Rumble is too big for him. He'd stuff them takedowns and out strike Weidman for a ko or a beat down decision.

Would be a fight I'd like to see
If weidman can beat Rumble, then maybe he should get the chance to fight jones

Isnt that a modified anaconda?

No, an anaconda choke basically uses the opposite grip. In a darce, the choking arm comes under the arm first and then the neck (as Chris does in the gif) and is then locked with the opposite arm. In an anaconda choke, the choking arm comes under the neck first and then the arm.

Would be a fight I'd like to see
If weidman can beat Rumble, then maybe he should get the chance to fight jones

Just fucking absurd, if you think Weidman needs to "get through Rumble for a chance..." at Jon Jones.

The UFC have been salvating at a cvhance of a decent superfight for nearly a decade, and we have a MW who's beaten TWICE, the biggest name in talks of super fight. He's also beaten a former LHW champ, who has fought Jones already...

Compared to the MW that have moved to to challenge Jones for the title in Sonnen, and Vitor... I cannot even fathom your logic in questioning the Chris' credentials.

TL;DR What a completely asinine comment ya just made there son.

Rumble is too big. Rumble chin checks Weidman and puts him away. While the champ is a superior grappler, he doesn't have the size to overcome Johnson.

If Rumble fight like he did against Davis but a bit more aggressive I think he can beat Weidman, if he goes full "Rumble" like he did against Vitor and DC I expect Chris win via RNC in the 3rd or 4th round

Rumble can ko him but he tends to give up when he is in trouble and Weidman just keeps on coming so most likely weidman wins by submission or tko in rd3 or later.

Back