Rumble Johnson vs Current JDS. if Rumble moves up

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do you think Rumble can KO the wounded beast that is JDS? or the other way around?

12688179_946298608771995_5970157959005798174_n.jpg

Rumble didn't have enough power to stop Arlovski, I highly doubt he's going to stop Dos Santos. Can he outbox JDS for 5 rounds and avoid a flash KO? I wouldn't bet either way.

Prime for prime I'd pick JDS all day. With rumble's power, he always has a shot, but I'd favor JDS by quite a bit.

Rumble is a good pressure fighter but prime JDS chewed up and spat out guys who come forward and Rumble doesn't have the necessary wrestling or clinch game to wear out JDS like Cain did. JDS at his best was a good midrange boxer who would wear his opponents out with his jab and then flurry to get the KO, (or use his good timing to catch them coming in, usually with an uppercut or hook), whilst occasionally mixing it up to keep his opponent off guard. He has great TDD too, so Rumble wouldn't be able to get it to the ground.

nowadays, Rumble takes it. JDS is too war worn and has devolved to much.

ain't no man alive that can take a clean full powered punch to the chin by rumble johnson

I wouldn't want that for JDS right now. Rumble is at a level where he's confident and finding the mark on every devastating punch he throws. JDS has a rickety chin and has developed nerves like it's his first time in the octagon. You can't compare the Arlovski/Rumble fight to a JDS/Rumble fight at HW now, Rumble is much more established on the feet. He's planting his feet when he throws better and he's following up better. Back then when JDS was champ and Rumble was getting used to his HW weight, JDS would have out-worked him for a TKO.

Now I don't know, but that would be a dangerous fight for JDS. I'd much rather see Rumble vs Reem. Reem would come in confident and we'd see fireworks, but IMO Rumble would crumble in the first round.

Rumble most likely being the aggressor would turn JDS info a counter striker and JDS has scary power making him extremely dangerous in this scenario. But if we take into account that this fight would happen at HW and Rumble would most likely come in 225+ than Rumble's power is even scarier. No man can take too many clean shots from Rumble and stay conscious, JDS included. 50/50 fight.

If Rumble loses to Jones I'd like to see this be the first fight Rumble takes. This fight has violent ending written all over it.

Rumble didn't have enough power to stop Arlovski, I highly doubt he's going to stop Dos Santos. Can he outbox JDS for 5 rounds and avoid a flash KO? I wouldn't bet either way.

Rumble almost KO'd him in the first round and obliterated his jaw. He blew his wad trying to finish with seconds left, gassed hard, and finished the fight wall-n-stalling. Had the bell not saved Arlovski, he would have not survived much longer. It's very much like Reem vs Browne. I think Rumble would probably go for a wrestling-centric gameplan against Junior though. Cain had trouble because he doesn't use raw power like the rather explosive Rumble. He chains TDs and uses a grinding style like DC but without the throws and pizzazz.

Rumble almost KO'd him in the first round and obliterated his jaw. He blew his wad trying to finish with seconds left, gassed hard, and finished the fight wall-n-stalling. Had the bell not saved Arlovski, he would have not survived much longer. It's very much like Reem vs Browne. I think Rumble would probably go for a wrestling-centric gameplan against Junior though. Cain had trouble because he doesn't use raw power like the rather explosive Rumble. He chains TDs and uses a grinding style like DC but without the throws and pizzazz.
If If If... Rumble couldn't put away former Heavyweight elite in Cormier either, even after he landed his best shots.

There's a huge difference between LHW power and HW power, and same goes for the chin. Rumble blew his load and couldn't finish Arlovksi, Miocic dropped the dude with a straight.

In their current state you would probably favor rumble but count JDS out at your peril.

Chances are rumble lands first and gets the tko but do you really think he could take a flush jds uppercut or overhand? I don't.

Wouldn't there be a significant strength advantage for Jnr?

If If If... Rumble couldn't put away former Heavyweight elite in Cormier either, even after he landed his best shots.

There's a huge difference between LHW power and HW power, and same goes for the chin. Rumble blew his load and couldn't finish Arlovksi, Miocic dropped the dude with a straight.
That's was like 9 fights ago for AA.

Your first point is silly, since Cormier has never been finished by anyone, so he is a terrible gauge to use.
Secondly, this isn't just a "straight". He blasted him right on the ear and with an instant shot to the temple follow up. Those two shots would have put away most heavyweights.
tumblr_o0d0y7klL71rofocqo1_r1_500.gif

Had this been mentioned 4 years ago, nobody would expect rumble to survive let alone knock out junior. The fact that people even think it is a possibility says a lot about how much Junior has declined after the Cain trilogy. Junior has the power to beat anyone, but I don't think he has the defense to take the punishment he was able to absorb in the past. Then again, he never really ate many shots prior to Cain II. Either way, time will tell what the future holds for JDS.

JDS has bigger power and much better hand speed. I'd take JDS all day. And stop pretending like JDS devolved; the competition just got better, it's that simple.

ain't no man alive that can take a clean full powered punch to the chin by rumble johnson

Hunt has taken a couple of CroCops head kicks. His chin ain't what it once was, but Hunt from those days could.

Your first point is silly...

not the best way to get someone to engage with you a conversation. learn how how to communicate better, and people will care enough to read what you write.

peace.

Back