Rumble Johnson looking good and is in great shape UFC should have kept him

Rumble asked to be released and Dana allowed it. Dana didn't give a reason but it's probably drug related which is pretty obvious considering how huge he got after retirement

Unless you're Brock Lesnar you have to wait 6 months for USADA, he didn't want to wait (or couldn't pass) so he went to Bellator where there is no such roadblock.

Meant it as during the 4 year retirement he had, he began power lifting and started taking substances for gains. He bulked up to 280 and he already left the USADA testing pool. When he came back, it might've still been in his system. Listen to how Dana phrases the situation:

I didn't say it mattered, but USADA doesn't release every test publicly since they've had "innocent" fighters have suspensions they didn't deserve.
I honestly think a lot of the roster takes roids, and Rumble going through a suspension at 36 years old would've ruined his chances of fighting again. That's probably why he wanted to go to Bellator where testing is not nearly as strict.

I like an AJ and it's his life, but how unbelievably stupid is it to get big like that in the prime of your fighting career, so much money left on the table

What do you mean by more freedom?

Bellator is generally much less restrictive than the UFC.

Obviously this:

6Dnt3B.gif

This as well.

Meaning what

Meaning he won't have to deal with Dana and his contracts. Bellator won't screw him over at the end of his career and do things like freeze him out. Relationships can sour quickly in the UFC. Bellator also does tournaments, co-promotion etc. and will pay him good money. It's the better organization for a variety of reasons.

After the performance Rumble had tonight, I think the Russian beats him (I hope I'm wrong).

Meaning he won't have to deal with Dana and his contracts. Bellator won't screw him over at the end of his career and do things like freeze him out. Relationships can sour quickly in the UFC. Bellator also does tournaments, co-promotion etc. and will pay him good money. It's the better organization for a variety of reasons.
... kinda vague, basically they pay him more

Rumble retired to focus on his Medical Marijuana business which is booming. He's just fighting for fun now. Enjoy it while it lasts.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulgi...ntracts-are-more-restrictive/?sh=34e2f2fc471a

Bellators contracts are pretty much as strict as the UFCs.

Also "But whenever UFC and I went our ways, it was never a drop of bad blood or negativity or any kind of dispute or ‘oh we’re just going to cut you.’ No, it was nothing like that. Everything was all good. Mutual and respectful. I have a ton of respect for the organization, Dana [White] and even the Fertittas for taking it as far as they did already."

Sure seems like Rumble hated the UFC...

After the performance Rumble had tonight, I think the Russian beats him (I hope I'm wrong).
Rumble nearly lost to a guy with only one hand. I'm still not convinced that the Rumble of old is back.

Rumble nearly lost to a guy with only one hand. I'm still not convinced that the Rumble of old is back.
in all fairness augusto is a very big guy used to compite at hw is a very tecnical striker and rumble took in in short notice

Rumble was pretty open about his drug use during his post UFC days/ Bodybuilding days. Some basic bodybuilding steroids like deca, primo, eq, can have metabolites show up in your system almost 2 years later. I doubt he could pass USADA. When you're tested by USADA you're pretty much limited to short acting, bio identical compounds.

Freeze him out? You mean like how they forced Rampage to stay with Bellator when he tried to leave? Or how they mirrored the UFC contract for Eddie Alvarez when he initially tried to leave?

rumble would have knocked out jones when they were originally meant to fight.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulgi...ntracts-are-more-restrictive/?sh=34e2f2fc471a

Bellators contracts are pretty much as strict as the UFCs.

Also "But whenever UFC and I went our ways, it was never a drop of bad blood or negativity or any kind of dispute or ‘oh we’re just going to cut you.’ No, it was nothing like that. Everything was all good. Mutual and respectful. I have a ton of respect for the organization, Dana [White] and even the Fertittas for taking it as far as they did already."

Sure seems like Rumble hated the UFC...

I never said he hated the UFC. He won't have to deal with Dana's nonsense especially if things go south as it does with so many fighters towards the end of their career in the UFC. He will be much better off in Bellator at this point. He has more options and is making very good money. He's already fighting for the belt.

Back