Rugby player has penis partially ripped off in tackle. PIC

They did a study where the force of two linemen colliding was equivalent to being in a low speed car accident. That happens every play.

There's a reason so many guys are retiring and have the brains of 80 year old men.

Again, pads are used as weapons. There is absolutely no way you could play football without pads and have the same level of contact.

In fact, a lot of people have proposed that to make the NFL safer they should take away helmets. The hits would be much less severe. Kinda like how they are in rugby.

We'll just agree to disagree here.

The hard hits in football have nothing to do with helmets. It's positioning. If you took away helmets, you'd have to change the entire game. People suggesting no helmets would make the game safer are fucking retarded.

We'll just agree to disagree here.

The hard hits in football have nothing to do with helmets. It's positioning. If you took away helmets, you'd have to change the entire game. People suggesting no helmets would make the game safer are fucking retarded.
You're not going to lead with your head when you don't have protection yourself. Common sense.

You're not going to lead with your head when you don't have protection yourself. Common sense.

People would be getting knocked out every play. You can't have the O line and D line crashing into each other every play, without helmets. Again, you'd have to change the entire game.

It's a very shortsighted and dumb suggestion.

People would be getting knocked out every play. You can't have the O line and D line crashing into each other every play, without helmets. Again, you'd have to change the entire game.

It's a very shortsighted and dumb suggestion.
It'll never happen but the whole suggestion was to make it safer by removing their weapons, it would do that. Players would have to learn how to play the game differently to not hurt themselves.

It'll never happen but the whole suggestion was to make it safer by removing their weapons, it would do that. Players would have to learn how to play the game differently to not hurt themselves.

But you'd also be removing their protection. They'd be cracking heads all the time. Unless you want the lines standing straight up, and just pushing at each other, it ain't gonna work. No amount of self preservation would stop the lines from cracking heads on nearly every play.

They'd certainly have to learn to play the game differently, because it would be a different game altogether.

I never wear a cup in Muay Thai, obviously not in bjj either. I have been kicked in the nuts sparing but will just walk it off no hard feelings.
I don't wear one in Muay Thai either, but I also don't have much of a chance of it getting ripped off....

I don't wear one in Muay Thai either, but I also don't have much of a chance of it getting ripped off....

Yeah, but you have a chance of getting your balls kicked out through your mouth though. BJJ I get why you wouldn't, but Muai Thai? Crazyness.

But you'd also be removing their protection. They'd be cracking heads all the time. Unless you want the lines standing straight up, and just pushing at each other, it ain't gonna work. No amount of self preservation would stop the lines from cracking heads on nearly every play.

They'd certainly have to learn to play the game differently, because it would be a different game altogether.
Nah, the impacts would change and technique would have to as well. But the game could still be played. Irrelevant because it won't happen but not irrelevant to my point.

Bottom line, it would reduce injuries because you can't hit someone as hard without pads as you can with them. That's a fact. You'd royally fuck yourself as well as the other guy, it's not worth it. Saying rugby is tougher because no pads are involved is a ridiculous statement.

If you want to say it requires more endurance because there's more sustained action then that's fine. It likely is more grueling in that regard.

If he was a real man he would have ripped it the rest of the way off and kept playing.

Stitches are for pussies.

i loved watching the guys play rugby in high school
id sit at side of field and watch them tackle each other and loved it
such aggression tbh
agh

tho i never cared much for those guys, but was still nice to see lol

If you want to say it requires more endurance because there's more sustained action then that's fine. It likely is more grueling in that regard.

It's not just endurance though. The physicality involved in rugby is second to none. Stack the endurance required on top of the physicality. It's a brutal sport.

Football may be more dangerous, but so is Nascar, and even hockey to an extent. Danger doesn't make it tougher.

It's not just endurance though. The physicality involved in rugby is second to none. Stack the endurance required on top of the physicality. It's a brutal sport.

Football may be more dangerous, but so is Nascar, and even hockey to an extent. Danger doesn't make it tougher.
Lol ok

I think I got whiplash and a cracked rib just watching that.

wasn't there some rugby player years ago that ripped his nutsack open and only noticed it after the match was over?

Wayne Shelford

"Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand where he witnessed the All Blacks lose 16–3. To this day Shelford has no memory of the game.[2]"

Beast

I played Rugby in high school. Cups weren't allowed. I asked the coach "for the love of God, why?". Apparently, it's because it can be used as a weapon.

Rugby is savage.

If you search rugby + bjj on youtube you'll see clips of them tackling people and sneaking in chokes on the way down. Apparently this was a big thing they all started training about ten years ago.

Convincing argument. I mean just look at these pussies let up on their hits, because they're not wearing helmets.

Fuckin' :eek::eek::eek:s.

They actually say one of the major reasons for the rise in concussions in football is the introduction of safety equipment. Before helmets and pads, they used to use the wrap tackle, which you see in rugby. You wouldn't come in head first (NFL much?) because you're going to fuck your face up. Instead you would come in with a shoulder and wrap your opponent up. After they got pads, the NFL started moving to this head first steam roll tackle where they just bullet into the runner.

Rugby and football are both sick physical sports that people should be proud to play. They both have similarly strong athletes. I would say that football players are probably better sprinters, while rugby players are better endurance athletes just because of the clock differences.

They actually say one of the major reasons for the rise in concussions in football is the introduction of safety equipment. Before helmets and pads, they used to use the wrap tackle, which you see in rugby. You wouldn't come in head first (NFL much?) because you're going to fuck your face up. Instead you would come in with a shoulder and wrap your opponent up. After they got pads, the NFL started moving to this head first steam roll tackle where they just bullet into the runner.

What also shouldn't be left out, is that the athletes are 10x better than what they were in back then. Helmet or no, the speed these guys are going when they connect, are going to cause some issues. Even in the Rugby vid, there are still a few guys going in with their head. I have no doubt in my mind that helmets and pads in football are preventing more injuries than they're causing.

Also, concussions weren't taken seriously up until a little over a decade or so ago. If you had a concussion back in the day, they called it a headache. Who knows how many guys were playing dinged up back then.

Rugby and football are both sick physical sports that people should be proud to play. They both have similarly strong athletes. I would say that football players are probably better sprinters, while rugby players are better endurance athletes just because of the clock differences.

I wouldn't argue who the better athletes were. That's a toss up. They're all tip top. I was just saying the game itself of Rugby, is the tougher sport, because of the mix of physicality and endurance. I'm only speaking from personal experience. I've played just about every type of major sport out there(not at a very high level, obviously), and nothing kicked my ass like Rugby did.

11 stitches!

On the peepee.

Fair play.

Back