Ruben Charles VS Marcio Feitosa

TheGrappler25

White Belt
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RuFtXZJ5Ndw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RuFtXZJ5Ndw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

wow great match, i thought cobrinha had that armbar.....and what is that on marcios head

wow great match, i thought cobrinha had that armbar.....and what is that on marcios head

I was actually at that match. Marcio was bleeding from the ear and it wasn't stopping so he just mummified himself.

I think Cobrinha left with a sore foot, and Feitosa is with an ache in his arm, lol.

What the fuck was that defense he was using anyway? it looked like he was using his arms to create a fulcrum higher on his forearm than Ruben's hips on his elbow, thus blocking the attack. cool last resort IMO.

I don't understand why cobrinha was crossing his feet with the armbar. I always learned NEVER cross the feet, it relieves the pressure on the elbow when they are crossed. I was taught to pinch the knees together.

Cobrinha is still incredible to me, though. Never ceases to amaze me.

As for Feitosa's defense, it looks like the standard figure four stack defense, maybe a half step behind Cobrinha's armbar. It looks to me like Cobrinha was able to extend his hips preventing the stack and escape, so Feitosa uses his left hand to push down on Cobrinha's mid section to break Cobrinha down allowing for the stack and escape. I see what you mean about the fulcrum being on his forearm instead of the hip, very good observation, makes a lot of sense. Geometry FTW, lol.

I don't understand why cobrinha was crossing his feet with the armbar. I always learned NEVER cross the feet, it relieves the pressure on the elbow when they are crossed. I was taught to pinch the knees together.

Cobrinha is still incredible to me, though. Never ceases to amaze me.

As for Feitosa's defense, it looks like the standard figure four stack defense, maybe a half step behind Cobrinha's armbar. It looks to me like Cobrinha was able to extend his hips preventing the stack and escape, so Feitosa uses his left hand to push down on Cobrinha's mid section to break Cobrinha down allowing for the stack and escape. I see what you mean about the fulcrum being on his forearm instead of the hip, very good observation, makes a lot of sense. Geometry FTW, lol.

The crossing feet is completely situational, crossing the feet is generally not a good idea when you are trying to finish an armbar from a top position, but from a guard position crossing the feet can help create a different pressure to attack the arm. There are no absolutes in bjj.

I was actually at that match. Marcio was bleeding from the ear and it wasn't stopping so he just mummified himself.

Thanks for clarifying this. Ever since I saw this vid several years back, I have wondering why his head was wrapped. I can now sleep better at night.

I was there for that match...awesome display of offense vs. defense. Ruben is a beast plus Mario cut way to much weight for that class, and payed for it

Back