Royler calls out gracie acadamy

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Toastytoy, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Toastytoy

Toastytoy Brown Belt

Totally surpirsed this is not in here already, and if it is sorry, but my jaw just about hit the floor when i saw this. Click to see Roberts words thoughts too

[QUOTE="]
    robertdrysdalemmaI am so happy i am not the only one who feels this way. To see @roylergracie stand up for his family is truly refreshing in this day and age where money and popularity seem to have kidnapped the essence of everything Jiu-Jitsu stands for: humility and dedication. I remember helio gracie wearing a blue belt to protest people getting their black belts too soon... If only his grandfather could see his own grandchildren using his name, image and legacy to make a quick buck... He would feel shame. This is not a personal attack on @renergracie i never met him. He should give it some thought and stop dragging his grandfathers name and legacy in the mud. There are ways to make money in this world. Selling out the art of Jiu-Jitsu should be condemned by all who love it

[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    RyanR likes this.
  2. fittycentguard

fittycentguard Orange Belt

Man, I don't see what Rener did wrong here with the breakdown. What's Royler's beef?

3. ArchAngelos

ArchAngelos Blue Belt

Royler's beef is most definitely with Rener selling belts online through Gracie University. Rener posting a breakdown video about Royce when the media is buzzing about his win over Shamrock is just Rener riding on his uncles coattails to draw attention to his products.

The fact of the matter is, Rener will do anything to direct all attention surrounding anything Gracie and/or Jiu Jitsu to the Gracie Academy so he can ultimately cash in on it.

4. SBJ

SBJ Purple Belt

Rener makes a long detailed breakdown with great grappling insight for all levels.. VIDEO IS TOO LONG! BAD RENER!

Rener makes a short impromptu breakdown because Ryron is out of town.. DISRESPECTFUL! Royce is a LEGEND and deserves a long breakdown! BAD RENER!

Rener doesn't make a breakdown.. DISRESPECTFUL! What are you trying to hide!! BAD RENER!

Rener makes a breakdown.. Rener is riding on his uncles coattails to draw attention to his products. BAD RENER!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    raty tat tat and Edison Carasio like this.
  5. RyanR

RyanR Black Belt

You serious? It isn't the breakdown that's got Royler and everyone else fired up, it's the fact that he's passing out belts to people he's never even met before online in a cheap cash grab. Royler, his own family, is finally calling him out on his shit.

6. the heed

the heed Look at the size of that boy's heed.

He isn't going to actually read into facts and logic when it comes to defending his masters

seatea and RyanR like this.
  7. Sexy Pants

Sexy Pants Blue Belt

Like $

mattemate, Dogstarman and TheGZA like this.
  8. Bathwater

Bathwater Let me clean you with my love

This is just wrong, man.

Some people are more tactile, and maybe he just likes they way they feel on his face.

TheGZA, seatea, Pierced7681 and 2 others like this.
  9. nefti

nefti Red Belt

is that even royler? how do we know it's not a fake account?

10. anaconda

anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

What a surprise. SBJ deflecting and defending his master even after the best Gracie competitor ever calls them out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if their last name wasn't Gracie, they wouldn't have lasted 5 min with all the shit they pull.

seatea, RyanR and TheGZA like this.
  11. CYKO

CYKO Yellow Belt

This. Probably should confirm before getting trolled.

12. deadlizard

deadlizard cold blooded

Having spent years trolling on the internet, I find that people enjoy being trolled.

anaconda likes this.
  13. TheGZA

TheGZA Excellent! But not good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anaconda likes this.
  14. robotsonic

robotsonic Brown Belt

I remember hearing about those two girls and figured they might be telling the truth about being a bit ignorant of wearing karate belts with their gis...those pictures are just WTF.

I'm only a brown belt, but if a student at my school started wearing a black belt and saying we gave it to them or that we endorsed them I would be mortified. The fact Rener was alright with it shows you the character of him. Behind all the positivity and smiles and 'hey guys we're all friends' bullshit he is obviously quite a cynical dude who will let anything fly as long as long as it funnels money into his bank account. Even Lloyd Irvin at his worst wouldn't have let shit like that fly, Rener is unbelievable.

TheGZA and RyanR like this.
  15. raty tat tat

raty tat tat Brown Belt

Don't let these guys get to you people will bitch just to bitch.
    Personally I didn't think Rener should have done it.

16. mike sherry

mike sherry Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

that'd be cool if it was true

what about the online belts hate?

17. Skip Reming

Skip Reming Banned Banned

So you are saying that these girls are still wearing a bjj uniform with a bjj blackbelt all over their page?
    or are you saying Rener is not okay with it and made them stop doing that shit?

You know you don't have to put someone in front of a firing squad to discipline them?

Then why do you only have 12 likes?

18. BrainBar

BrainBar Orange Belt

But here's the true beauty of jiujitsu. Unlike most other martial arts....you can't fake this shit.

You wear a belt you didn't earn...and you refuse to compete or roll with anyone solid? We can smell fraud.

You wear a belt you didn't earn....then compete in that division or roll with others who DID earn theirs? Well...we know how that goes.

Jiujitsu is beautiful because you can go full speed anytime anywhere. It's like the basketball of martial arts...easy to set up a 1 on 1 and see if someone is legit.

I was a blue belt forever and many said I was at purple belt level way before I got it. Now...I'm a fresh brown and honestly don't feel I live up to it (10 years training no breaks, 5 under a Relson Gracie bb and 5 under current guy, a black belt from Brazil who fought 5x in UFC)....im sure many feel the same.

And I preferred being the under promoted blue belt than feeling like an over promoted brown ( I sure ain't giving it back haha). I don't know why anyone would wear one of those Internet belts....and God forbid you slap a black belt on that's not legit. Jiujitsu is a VERY friendly community....but that's one foul that we turn into sharks over. Dont. Ever.

McA likes this.
  19. BrainBar

BrainBar Orange Belt

It makes me disgusted. People who train under legit instructors and schools....the culture just wouldn't even produce that.

I know belt aren't everything. Hell Brock Lesnar is a white belt. But it is something. It is a blend of skill, commitment, technique....different % for different people. I guess sorta like rank in the military. A PFC wouldn't walk around with Master Sgt stripes on....who knows if he's a better shooter or soldier or fighter...he didn't earn that rank. Not yet.

Ok. My 2 cents is up.

20. ArchAngelos

ArchAngelos Blue Belt

Here's the thing that gets me...

Who built the Gracie name? It wasn't Rener or Ryron.

Who built the legacy? Not Rener or Ryron either.

Who is selling out and cashing in on the name and legacy? Rener and Ryron.

Rener and Ryron are famous by proxy. In the grand scheme of the Gracie family legacy, all they have accomplished is how to cash in on the fame that the older generation of their family have earned. When I think of the Gracie name, images of Royce tapping out Dan 'The Beast' Severn after 30 minutes of a hard fought battle, Rickson flipping to escape a submission in Vale Tudo Japan, Royler winning his forth mundial, Renzo tapping out Pat Miletich, Rolls, Carlson, Kron, Roger, Kyra, Ryan, etc... those are the warriors that built the name. Gracie Academy and, more specifically, Rener and Ryron Gracie are the corporation that's trying to get rich off of someone else's hard earned work and anyone that blindly supports them are their corporate stooges.