Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu network

aaron_mag

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Pulled from MMA discussion.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=289111

I was curious what you guys thought about this? Good for the art? Bad? It will certainly encourage growth in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu by providing a curriculum to train instructors. BJJ is already going to grow in the U.S., no doubt about it, but this could make it explode.

But there is always a cost to rapid growth. I'm sure many of your guys in the grappling forum have strong opinions about something like this...

Hmm, but will it dilute it ? I can see this leading to belt factories... just a hunch, not sure why I think so.
It creates a nationwide profit motivation for promotions...

Definitely true. There is always the argument, however, that as the base grows the extremely good athletes rise up and that overall the top level is more competitive.

I'm just a recreational grappler (Sambo). I have great respect for BJJ and its system. Growth in it is inevitable. It will become very popular.

But I had thought the growth would be slower (black belts slowly spreading out across the country). If things like this take off the growth will be very rapid. But, then again, the overall quality of the practitioners will probably go down...

It will be an interesting development to watch...

i would avoid the royce gracie network- its all about the $$$$$$$$$$

What I thought was it'll weaken the point of being a blue belt. If all it takes is reading a few books & demonstrating them to Royce, won't that take away the effort normal practictioners make in endless sparring & competition?

sound like one of those networking company telling you to join their group and selling their shitty products.

Back