Roy Jones jr vs Tyson

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who was more gifted physically in their prime?

Roy Jones had fast hands and fast feet, probably the fastest fighter from middleweight+ of all time.

Tyson had some of the fastest hands and most powerful hands at the same time in heavyweight history.

jones

how many other fighters could land leaping uppercuts ?

Roy was incredibly gifted to the point that his boxing flaws could never be punished due to his speed and reflexes. On the other hand Tyson was a more complete boxer with attributes across the board.

Roy couldn't be beaten in his prime, he made people look silly. Tyson was a destroyer but he had a very short peak and never beat anyone really good. Roy has Hopkins and Toney. Who did Tyson beat by comparison?

Mike is one of the most gifted HW’s ever, Roy is the most gifted boxer ever.

Who was more gifted physically in their prime?

Roy Jones had fast hands and fast feet, probably the fastest fighter from middleweight+ of all time.

Tyson had some of the fastest hands and most powerful hands at the same time in heavyweight history.

The way I see it, Tyson was the more gifted boxer, Roy the more gifted fighter and overall athlete.

Who will win November 28th?

I think Tyson because he still has a lot of power and Roy has slowed down a bunch.

More physically gifted? That's not even close, RJJ by a length.

I think Tyson because he still has a lot of power and Roy has slowed down a bunch.
Alternatively: mike quit in his last bout(2006)+roy has been the more active fighter of the two and is more in love with the game. Said he’s willing to die in the ring on jre, I believe it...

That's like not seeing the Sun for the eclipse.
Mike has slowed down a bunch and Roy still has some power too.

They have both declined massively. What they will retain is the same qualities in depleted proportion.
I'd bank on Jones winning by cardio and keeping distance well enough.

That's like not seeing the Sun for the eclipse.
Mike has slowed down a bunch and Roy still has some power too.

They have both declined massively. What they will retain is the same qualities in depleted proportion.
I'd bank on Jones winning by cardio and keeping distance well enough.
Maybe, but Mike is clearly back on gear and looks sharp af. Roy looks good too. I look forward to watching the fight.

Maybe, but Mike is clearly back on gear and looks sharp af. Roy looks good too. I look forward to watching the fight.
Good shout. I never thought about that. Wonder if RJJ will do the same.

Noob fan is noob fan. Hardcores remember when tested (Roy) positive against hall. Yea it actually happened but was never brought up...
I'm a boxing fan, not a what goes on behind the scenes fan. Used to buy Boxing Monthly as a kid in the UK in the 80's, so let that tell you my noobness.

Back