roy jones Jr vs Pavlik

Guile58

White Belt
Reaction score
Im not really sure about pavlik weight class but why doesnt he fight roy jones jr. I Roy jones Jr has been saying he wants to fight Calzghe and hopkins. Have fucking pavlikmove up a division and fight Roy. Since roy did pretty well against trindad maybe his size and speed can mess up pavlik.

Although I would like to see a middleweight Hopkins fight Pavlik. His style so elusive and tricky I thihk he would just out slick Pavlik.

Basically I just want to see someone who can go 12 rds with pavlik and not get embarrassed

Fukin jermain taylor you rocked his bells in the second round and all you had to do was just hit em from the outside wtf.

You fucking could of won,

because kelly pavlik has a zero in his loss column and he knocks alot of people out. rjj nothing to do with pavlik, calzaghe, kessler or dawson. he would much rather fight guys who are past there prime or coming of a loss.

because kelly pavlik has a zero in his loss column and he knocks alot of people out. rjj nothing to do with pavlik, calzaghe, kessler or dawson. he would much rather fight guys who are past there prime or coming of a loss.

Or MMA fighters.:icon_chee

Pavlik would stop RJJ IMO in the late rounds

Please don't have RJJ fight another pressure fighter with KO power. The last thing the boxing community needs is another Muhammed Ali haunting us with the shakes.

In his prime, Roy would have destroyed Pavlik. Kelly is way to slow for the Roy of 5 years or so ago.

However now it wouldn

why not. sounds better than whoever pavlik is fighting next (no offense to the guy).

Pavlik is actually naturally bigger than RJJ, just leaner. I think RJJ can pull off a clear decision.

jones has the speed in spots; the thing is his power, while decent wont dissuad pavlik, esp not when doled out in those flurries and lead shots.

jones would have to use extended combos to get kelly's respect; an if he does his typical roy thing he will have to be active and mobile, if he lays on the ropes pavlik will beat him up and put him out.

roy is smart/tricky and exp; but he never took the best shot, even worse now, an kelly is a methodical consistent HARD puncher w/a solid skillset and gameplan.

be a good fight cus pavlik is limited tech and what he can do overall, taylor showed that; but a guy roy can't really hurt and a guy that can hurt roy is bad at this point..

like fighting a smaller glen johnson

I disagree on one point there, devante. That being Roy CAN hurt Pavlik. If Taylor almost had him out of there in the second round of their first fight, Jones certainly can too.

i see ur point but roy would have to make a concerted effort to put something on him; tha lead right, lead left hook/uppercut ish won't do it.

pavlik don't shy away from power or contact; an if roy is gonna pick away like that and not follow up and sit on his shots, kelly will acclimate walk him down and beat him up. I havent seen roy be mobile or busy enough def to get away w/that; roy would have to be willing to try to HURT kelly, not potshot.

imo that won't work, roy doesn't maintain his speed and fluidity over twelve like he used to; he fights in spots, like he always did. But now he does it cus he has to not cus he wants to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back