Roy jones JR. and Mike Tyson

H

HawkEyes Mihawk

These two greats, get alot of shit about not fighting good comp. I think they were just so good, that they made good fighters look bad. I mean, Roy is a 175 pounder, he beat a young primed Tarver and Hopkins, he moved up to HW and beat the guy who beat Holyfield.

And Tyson fought all the guys, that they had for him. They werent cans, they were all legit, good contenders. The way these two dominated, they should get more credit.

Like Roy said, "yall say I aint fought nobody, I just make em LOOK like nobody" Y'all musta forgot!

These two greats, get alot of shit about not fighting good comp. I think they were just so good, that they made good fighters look bad. I mean, Roy is a 175 pounder, he beat a young primed Tarver and Hopkins, he moved up to HW and beat the guy who beat Holyfield.

And Tyson fought all the guys, that they had for him. They werent cans, they were all legit, good contenders. The way these two dominated, they should get more credit.

Like Roy said, "yall say I aint fought nobody, I just make em LOOK like nobody" Y'all musta forgot!

he beat tarver when they were younger? news to me

you talking about as an amateur?

They were both badasses. No doubt about that. Just a few haters out there.

Roy got ktfo but showed heart by tryin his damnedest to beat the Tarver count and continues to campagign despite his KO losses.

I have nothing but respect for that man.

Mike is a cretin in terms of being a human being but he had quite a run in the heavyweight division back in the day and if it was so easy, someone else would have done it.

I agree.
Roy beat a lot of good fighters, but they were discredited by the fashion in which he beat them.

Reggie Johnson was a very good fighter. He had just destroyed rising prospect William Guthrie. He also gave james Toney one of his roughest goes.
Montell Griffin was a very good rising prospect. He had beatin James Toney once(twice if you count the second fight..I dont)
Virgil Hill was a very good fighter.
Lou Del Valle wasn't nothing to sneeze at either.
Julio Gonzolez was a rough and tough undefeated fight. Later handed Daruiz Michalczewski his first loss.
Clinton Woods is a very good fighter still.
Same with John Ruiz..whether you like him or not. He wins.

These fighters got so thoroughly dominated by Roy, that it couldnt possibly have been because Roy was so good. It had to have been because they were so bad in the publics eye. Fighters that were headlining on espn were being talked down on the week after they faced Roy.

I agree.
Roy beat a lot of good fighters, but they were discredited by the fashion in which he beat them.

Reggie Johnson was a very good fighter. He had just destroyed rising prospect William Guthrie. He also gave james Toney one of his roughest goes.
Montell Griffin was a very good rising prospect. He had beatin James Toney once(twice if you count the second fight..I dont)
Virgil Hill was a very good fighter.
Lou Del Valle wasn't nothing to sneeze at either.
Julio Gonzolez was a rough and tough undefeated fight. Later handed Daruiz Michalczewski his first loss.
Clinton Woods is a very good fighter still.
Same with John Ruiz..whether you like him or not. He wins.

These fighters got so thoroughly dominated by Roy, that it couldnt possibly have been because Roy was so good. It had to have been because they were so bad in the publics eye. Fighters that were headlining on espn were being talked down on the week after they faced Roy.

Exactly, Vinny paz was also good and Roy made him look bad. You know haters though, always gotta find a way to bash somone. Even ALI's gets hated on and bashed. Some dude on youtube was talking about how ALI was scared and would always run, and that Lennox was greater than him. Just stupid shit.

Well Paz didnt really belong in the same ring with Jones. At that point in his career, he was 99% hype. But there were plenty of legit 168-175 lbers that roy did fight in his prime.

Well Paz didnt really belong in the same ring with Jones. At that point in his career, he was 99% hype. But there were plenty of legit 168-175 lbers that roy did fight in his prime.

i see the jones paz fight kinda like the mayweathers gatti fight....just a skills exibition against a semi washed up but game opponent

Jones and Michalczewski were in talks to fight, but the discussion broke down. I heard it was Roy's fault that the talks broke down.

However, DM wouldnt have stood a chance. Richard Hall was on his way to beating DM in their first fight. He ahd a wide lead, when the ref stopped the fight due to a swollen eye. It was a blatant home town save.

Now take this same fighter and put him in the ring with Roy, and everybody is complaining that Roy is taking an easy fight.

I'm a big RJJ fan, but I always thought he was scared shitless of DM. Roy absolutely didn't want that fight and made terms that were impossible for DM to accept. He went from wanting 70% of the pure to 85%, to having the fight not be for the titles, mandating gloves and picking the fight location. It was pretty rediculous.

I'm a big RJJ fan, but I always thought he was scared shitless of DM. Roy absolutely didn't want that fight and made terms that were impossible for DM to accept. He went from wanting 70% of the pure to 85%, to having the fight not be for the titles, mandating gloves and picking the fight location. It was pretty rediculous.

I agree that he was setting some rediculous terms. He did the same thing with Hop. That said, DM was really tailor made for Roy. I dont see what he would have to fear.

I agree that he was setting some rediculous terms. He did the same thing with Hop. That said, DM was really tailor made for Roy. I dont see what he would have to fear.

How was he scared of Hop? He wanted it 60/40, nothing wrong with that. Roy beat HOP before and Roy was on top at the time. Why wouldnt he get the better half?

How was he scared of Hop? He wanted it 60/40, nothing wrong with that. Roy beat HOP before and Roy was on top at the time. Why wouldnt he get the better half?

Your right, but he demanded the same terms in the rematch clause.. thats what killed that deal.

That fight took place when both of them were like 14, right?

im not sure exactly what age they were, but this guy is talkin like this was one of roys most imortant pro wins in his prime, i think he meant toney

Roy should of went to hjeavyweight and challenged tyson and get brutally KOEd. Id love to see that hands down cocky shit against Tyson

Roy should of went to hjeavyweight and challenged tyson and get brutally KOEd. Id love to see that hands down cocky shit against Tyson

the tyson that got beat by danny williams would probably have got beat by the jones that beat ruiz

Back