Rousimar Palhares

unoshowtenuno

Brown Belt
Reaction score
His record was listed as "23-4-0" on the night he fought Lombard. I know the UFC will change records for some fighters, but why do it for an established fighter with a respectable 14-4-0 record? I can understand when it's young TUF guys making their debut, but this doesn't make any sense.

I think it's a matter of whether to include non-sanctioned fights.

but did he really have 10 unsanctioned fights on top of the pro?

I think it's a matter of whether to include non-sanctioned fights.

So.. illegal fights? Why would you include those on an MMA record?

I guess Tank is the new GOAT.

His record was listed as "23-4-0" on the night he fought Lombard. I know the UFC will change records for some fighters, but why do it for an established fighter with a respectable 14-4-0 record? I can understand when it's young TUF guys making their debut, but this doesn't make any sense.

who really cares

illegal? non sanctioned but actual mma fights against other pro fighters.

Sherdog's record is not necessarily 100% complete, just like Boxrec's isn't for Boxing. Is it 10 more Ws for Palhares? Who knows. But it's not necessarily odd that the record isn't 100% complete, especially if it's in jurisdictions like Brazil where reporting may not be as widespread.

Well he's from Brazil so I'm sure he had plenty of fights that weren't sanctioned. I'm sure that is the record he wants out up

I'm not sure but I think it's usually like fights in other countries that might have slightly different rule sets or not conform to every standard of American AC's.

Well he's from Brazil so I'm sure he had plenty of fights that weren't sanctioned. I'm sure that is the record he wants out up

I think most fighters would prefer 23 wins compared to 14

**and what about Roy Nelson, Sherdog had him at 18-7 after the win, yet UFC.com has him at 19-7

I think most fighters would prefer 23 wins compared to 14

**and what about Roy Nelson, Sherdog had him at 18-7 after the win, yet UFC.com has him at 19-7

Well it's a pretty useless statistic in reality and they say that they fought and won those fights and there is no way to really disprove them so up it goes.

My problem is that it's not like they're factoring in non-sanctioned bouts or TUF bouts, it's literally just "okay, we're gonna add a couple wins to your record".

Melvin Guillard has 17 more wins according to UFC than Fightfinder. The UFC apparently loves to inflate records to make their fighters more impressive, yet they don't offer up what fights they're actually using as a reference.

My problem is that it's not like they're factoring in non-sanctioned bouts or TUF bouts, it's literally just "okay, we're gonna add a couple wins to your record".

Yeah it's dumb and appeals to casual fans who like to see guys with inflated records, but who really cares what a fighter's record is before fighting in a premier organization? I mean Cody Meckenzie was listed as 10-0 while on TUF and he's no top tier fighter. All in all, they can pad people's records, but it doesn't change how they fight.

Back