Rousey cannot take a punch. Cyborg would have killed her tonite

rustled-jimmies-4-bronwinningg-tumblr.png

The chick that dethrones RR will have to meet her skills, aggression and heart. SM might have the skills (& heart, but thanks to Herb, we can't know this yet) to-do it, but she can't go out there and get bullied in the clinch, up against the cage. Ronda is REAL MEAN. I was rooting hard for SM.

The same Ronda who is crazy enough to think she could beat Cain fucking Velasquez is hiding from someone whose last 5 fights have been against killers like Jan Finney and Fiona Muxlow?

k.

Hey that's Jan "Cuddles" Finney to you, sir.

This isn't the first time that's happened. Ronda has pretty good offense, kinda like Diaz when he has you on the ropes, but she goes rock 'em sock 'em in exchanges, amateurish.

Cyborg does too, but her firepower is greater and her combinations are better, and more varied. If Cyborg can make the weight, Ronda will have her chin checked and she really needs that early takedown.

Why does it matter much that her boxing is not good? Her boxing should only be tailored to enable her to clinch and get people to the ground which is her strong suit. Anyone who fights using their weakness is a fool.
Who wants to be jack of all trades, master of none? Better be master of one.

McMahon was hitting her with clean power shots all nite

The fight lasted 66 seconds, I hardly think that that counts as "all night."

But yah, Ronda's striking is still the weakest part of her game and her defense definitely needs to improve.

THE FUCK? She cannot take a punch but was receiving power shots from Sara. OXYMORON MUCH?

Maybe you don't know but you aren't supposed to block punches with your face. Ronda can because her chin is decent and because most women can't punch hard but Cyborg can and Ronda will get hurt badly. And Cyborg is very good in the clinch and she is really strong and will be hard to take down. Dana is trying everything to keep Rousey away from Cyborg

Maybe you don't know but you aren't supposed to block punches with your face. Ronda can because her chin is decent and because most women can't punch hard but Cyborg can and Ronda will get hurt badly. And Cyborg is very good in the clinch and she is really strong and will be hard to take down. Dana is trying everything to keep Rousey away from Cyborg

...and Cyborg is the prettiest and she's really nice and she has a good personality and and and...

Cyborg was signed to the UFC. She got out of the contract. She also said 'she'd die' if she tried to make 135lbs. Sounds more like Dana is trying to save Cyborg.

She dropped to 135 in Strikeforce just so she COULD avoid Cyborg, she has been running from that fight hiding behind convenient excuses for years.

If I were you, I would educate my self before flapping my mouth.
But hey, thats just me..

I wish TS would have put a gif up of said punch(s).

I need to watch the fight in it's entirety to make a 100% opinion on the striking on both but we all know Ronda's striking is or "was" her weakest part of her game. I was saying in another thread I hope RR would practice those knees but I was referring because of McMann's wrestling takedowns. I was thinking knees to the dome when she shot but liver works too!

So, Vince McMahon was hitting Ronda with powershots "all night" (which Ronda barely flinched at), and Ronda can't take a punch? Flawless logic.

People seem to be building Cyborg up as the female Crocop/JDS but the reality is that she's never shown the ability to get quick stoppages the way they have nore the takedown defence they had/have.

The reason Cyborg has been effective standing is the same reason Ronda isn't likely to be punished standing, there simply aren't many(any?) quality strikers in womens MMA.

If the fight turned into a prolonged midrange brawl yes I would favour Cyborg over Rousey but I think its far more likely it ends up in the clinch and on the ground. Cyborg's takedown defence has never looked that great to me, certainly nothing like as good as the minute we saw from McMann vs Rousey.

That really sums up for me why I like watching Rousey more than Cyborg. The former is using technique at a similar level to the men's sport, the latter is technically far weaker than any fighter at the top of the mens sport and gets by on steroid fueled strength and favourable style matchups.

Yea but Cyborg wasn't fighting tonight. Different styles for different fighters. We'll just have to wait and see when they do fight who is the better of the two.

well to be fair he was facing an Olympic wrestler thats had very good TDD

if it was Cyborg Ronda would outgrappler her

Cyborg would IMHO be in the clinch and on her back within 30 secs vs Rousey.

Cyborg would kill her. Which is why the fight will NEVER happen. EVER.

lol...the OP makes it seem like the fight lasted 5 rounds or something

Which Cyborg? 145lb roided Cyborg? or 135lb non-roided version?

Whenever I want to be reassured that I'm not the dumbest person in the universe I just come to F2 the morning after an event.

Back