• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rousey Barred To Death

Ok, so the chick excels in one aspect of the game. I don't think it's enough to be dominant for long against other chicks that can really strike ( not to mention comparing her to males ).
For her to be really marketable, she really has to beat someone like Cyborg or Gina Carano, otherwise it's just going to be boring watching her manhandle other chicks with mediocre skill sets.
We've all seen that charisma and trash talk can get you only so far.

A fight against Cyborg or Marloes Coenen would make a lot more sense. Rousey is smart though. She's not in the most competitive weight class. They will feed her must wins. Just think if she loses though. The beginning and the end of womans MMA. Anyway, they will feed her 5 opponets like Carmouch and if we're lucky then she gets someone competitive (2 or 3 years laters). People will call her legend.

I always thought Coenen was a good grappler with weak TD defense.

I think that would be an easy fight for Ronda if true.

She is pretty and she wins. They will feed her other females until Cyborg makes weight

What, are you saying that Gina Carano was not an elite female fighter?

Rhonda Rousey 6-0, notable wins over Miesha Tate and Sarah Kaufman, not exactly household names. Next fight: Liz Carmouche ( 6 - 2 ). I can't wait to see that one.

Gina Carano: Muay Thai - 12-1-1
MMA 7-1

The only thing that might be an issue for Gina would be making the weight, just like it is for Cyborg.
At 135 there are no real threats to Rousey now. It's a weak division.

No, she was not elite.
Cyborg and Ronda are elite.
Mcmann and Tate are good too and there are a couple other girls, but they're not elite.

Fightmetric also measures significant strikes and Shields was competetive there as well.

Stats are irrelevant.
Watch a fight and judge for yourself. Plenty of fights are close in stats, yet one fighter did all the damage.

If you throw one shot that hurts your opponent, but he landed 100 meaningless shots before that, the round should be like 10-7, according to Fightmetric.

But in reality, it's 10-9 or 10-8 for the other fighter.

Yes she is one dimensional, but so are all women fighters. Rousey is way better at her thing than all of the others are at theirs though.

And Sara McMann is no threat. If Rousey can't get her down, she will definitely out strike her.

Ok, so the chick excels in one aspect of the game. I don't think it's enough to be dominant for long against other chicks that can really strike ( not to mention comparing her to males ).
For her to be really marketable, she really has to beat someone like Cyborg or Gina Carano, otherwise it's just going to be boring watching her manhandle other chicks with mediocre skill sets.
We've all seen that charisma and trash talk can get you only so far.

Maybe she'd rather live one day as a lion than a lifetime as a nobody critic online.

Carano isn't even relevant anymore so a win over her would mean almost nothing. Carano probably won't even fight again

I would put Miesha Tate, Sarah Kaufman, and Gina all in the same area of elite status.

All three are very good but still behind Cyborg and Ronda.

Cyborg and Ronda is the fight to make.

You also realize Liz Camouche lost to both Kaufman and Coenen?

I'm not that familiar with WMMA but I would think 135 is more stacked than 145. At 145 all I can think of is Gina and Cyborg.
135 has Ronda, Tate, Coenen, McMann and Kaufman.

Of course like I said I never really followed WMMA so if anyone is willing to educate me please do.

You already know more about WMMA than Ts.
135 is the best womens division

She's great in two aspects of the game.
Who cares if she can't strike? She does it well enough to close the distance.

Shields still can't strike after like 10 years and he's done fine.

''She needs to beat someone like Gina Carano". Yeah, Gina was a top level fighter and Ronda can't be legit without a win over her...

Forget it! Gina isn't fighting again...she's found her niche in acting, and a pretty good actress-I must say. She making very good money without the blood sweat and tears.

She excels at one aspect of the game? She has great submissions, but great takedowns as well. Nobody has managed to keep her upright. She pumped a pretty good jab in her last fight too.

I would love to see Ronda fight Kyra Gracie

Back