Round Three - Battle 27 - Old School Hip Hop Groups: RUN D.M.C vs. WU-TANG CLAN

are you serious or born after 1990? fugess are fucking garbage

basically, this song is better than asshats fugees ever thought about doing

[YT]66Tuirx98Qk[/YT]

[YT]7A2Ex9L6iek[/YT]

This beats anything Geto Boys have put out accept for maybe Minds Playing Tricks.

"Catch me in my mitsubishi, eatin sushi, bumpin Fugees"

"I sit 90 degrees underneath palm degress/smokin bd's as I burn my calories/brooklyn rooftops become brooklyn tipis"

Last edited:
Run is good but Wu-Tang is the best, they teach the children

hahaha how is this even a choice? Wu by far. music and concepts speaks for itself

. Why should they win? Just curious.

IMO when you compare artists or groups you look at their discographies and ATCQ's discography rapes Wu's discography (group wise, not including solo tapes)

Wu Tang Forever and 36 Chambers are amazing but everything after didn't live up. ATCQ on the other hand have 4 amazing albums

This is just IMO though and I know you didn't ask me lol

First time I have seen RUN DMC mentioned (I haven't been following) and thought they were worth a vote.

Never liked a single thing by Wu Tang (perhaps due to over playing by my little brother).

They seem very very different to my mind.

Tough call given how much Run DMC did for hip hop but its hard to go against the WU.

On another note, how the hell did ATCQ beat NWA? Or the Geto Boys beat the Fugees?

haha that's funny cus i think Fugees should've beaten Geto Boys but i think Tribe over NWA is an obvious pick

the Fugees had just two albums but they're so good that it's enough to put them over the Geto Boys

conversely, Tribe has four albums that are each significantly better than either of NWA's albums

for me, there is the Wu.
and then there's everything else (in terms of hip-hop).

Back