Social Roughly half the Twitter accounts pushing to 'reopen America' are bots, researchers found

I accept your concession

well, i mentioned 2 people specifically. so are milo/loomer incels, nazis or what?

someone gets banned for criticizing the ghostbusters reboot/ilhan omar and it's suddenly because they're just "soo cray cray"

Bots shouldn't be allowed on any platform that is purporting to be sharing information among actual human beings. It's nuts.

Also, duh.

Conservatives have been getting astroturfed by their lords forever.
This

Interesting, because in real life, everyone that I know wants to get back to work, except people that are temporarily making more money sitting at home on their ass.

Oh' yeah, well I think the posts representing the left are embarrassing.

Let's count our likes on this topic in a week from now, and see who is irrefutably correct.
Is that how you judge right and wrong? Also I didn't think you'd be a fan of the popular vote

ITT Trumpers try to explain how advertising doesn’t work, something that is known scientifically to work, once again displaying their utter contempt with science to explain away daddy.

I know a woman whose employees all asked her to lay them off so they could sit home.

Did some reading, apparently this is rampant.

It's shocking how many people want to just sit home and collect free checks.

When did the West become so soft?

And what was your previously banned account name again?

Yeah, it’s those last five words you typed...

Have you seen the semi-automatic weapon wielding psychos invading State Houses of legislature demanding instant removal of all Covid-related ordinances?

What about this looks “sensible” to you?

Well regulated militia.

It's shocking how many people want to just sit home and collect free checks.

What? I mean: Who doesn't want to collect money while spending time with their family and avoiding getting sick? Why would this surprise you?

I’m confused, didn’t Trump himself eventually acknowledge Russia interfered in our election? And it was widely accepted to be largely in the form of targeted disinformation on the internet?

Why is this remotely controversial? Russia plays the wedge game by fueling divisive issues online. This is a divisive issue. Seems pretty easy to accept.

Unless of course you’re defending the guy who folded like a bitch in front of Putin, then came home and swore he meant something that made absolutely no sense. I can see why accepting reality would be excruciating.

Lol. These guys think Twitter is representative of anything. 68 million US Twitter users. Half are bots. So less than 10% of Americans even have a Twitter account.

Exactly.. Just look at the recent election in the UK.. Corbyn a far lefty looked incredibly popular if you live in a bubble on twitter.. the reality? most of the public (even his supposed base) hated him and he got destroyed

The headline really says it all.

Just like the Tea Party, "Re-Open" has origins in special interest think tanks. Just like the early Tea Party rallies, the early protest were anything but spontaneous.

The spread of the two movements is basically identical. Of course, now we are playing with thousands and thousands of lives instead of just tax breaks for the rich.

Just a reminder: Trump is tested for Covid every day. Everyone he comes into direct contact with is tested every day. If anyone they come into contact with tests positive, they are immediately quarantined, contact traced, and everyone who came into contact with them is tested.

That's how this Administration is handling this crisis for itself.

Then Trump gets on TV and tells the rest of us testing is overrated and it's time to go back to school, church, and the meat packing plant.

Act and vote accordingly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nea...gjoS45DY0SnDLEjsADsENh4w63MflHdRZ0M2Mv82oNZU4
A majority of Americans are OK with cautious reopening
And indeed, there are a number of activities that a clear majority of voters don't think are safe or that they simply will not do. A large 74% think it's unsafe to get on an airplane in the Quinnipiac poll. In a Kaiser Family Foundation poll, 81% of Americans say it's unlikely they'd attend a sports event in the next three months. A sizable 68% think it's unlikely they'll stay at a hotel or vacation rental.

Yet a number of these same people aren't as opposed to other nonessential activities. Voters in the Quinnipiac poll are basically split down the middle as to whether it's unsafe to go to a barbershop or hair salon (50%), go to a clothing shop (49%) or send students to college in the fall (50%).

And while many folks are forced to work from home, Quinnipiac found that only 39% felt it would be unsafe to go to a workplace outside their house right now. The majority (55%) believe it would be safe.

The Kaiser poll indicates a populous even more willing to try activities over the next three months. A majority of 58% said they were already or would likely in the next few months gather with 10 friends or family or more at the same time. A similar 56% said they'd go to a barbershop, hair salon or nail salon.

The verdict seems to differ between the Kaiser and Quinnipiac polls on eating in-person at a restaurant. In the Quinnipiac survey, 62% say it's unsafe, Compare that to the 53% who told Kaiser that they're likely to do it in the next three months.

I also looked across different polls that asked specifically about whether at least some (not all) non-essential businesses as a broad category should be allowed to re-open. What I found was that on average, a slight majority (around 55%) were in favor of at least some non-essential businesses being allowed to reopen.

This echoes what polls show about how Americans feel about their states handling of the coronavirus pandemic more generally. As many states were reopening some non-essential businesses or at least stating their plans to, 56% thought their state government was handling reopenings about right in an Ipsos/Washington Post poll from earlier this month. Only 28% think their state government was reopening things too quickly, while an even smaller portion (16%) think they're acting too slowly. The more recent AP-NORC and Kaiser polls had similar results.

Perhaps more amazingly, a plurality of Democrats, Republicans and independents agreed in the Ipsos poll that their state government was doing the right thing.

This matches the sky-high approval ratings that most governors on both sides of the aisle are getting for their handling of the crisis.

Derrrrrrrp.

Online transactions don't "exclusively benefit" big corporations. Quite the opposite: the lesser required overhead (retail space) evens the playing field and increases competition. Sellers that could never compete with Walmart on the street block can compete with them on the internet.

Big corporations do not by any stretch benefit from the lockdown. They have enormous incentives to propagandize reopening.

Isn't there a thread about billionaires gaining massive wealth during the lockdowns? Guessing they represent the small business owners that can finally compete?

Isn't there a thread about billionaires gaining massive wealth during the lockdowns? Guessing they represent the small business owners that can finally compete?

Did you read the article? Between the time that the market crashed and the time it partly recovered, billionaires collectively were a bit short of matching the overall stock-market performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back