'Roseanne' spinoff 'The Conners' is Happening

Yeah, because everyone wants to see a poor white family of SJWs....

Being a bit cheeky, but this appeals to maybe 3% of the population. It willl have a good first, and maybe second episode. Then the novelty will be gone, and the ratings will crumble.

It's a good thing Sherdog has someone like you here to regulate childish behavior. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I guess the conversation where you claimed no one had said something worse than what Roseanne said and not been fired never happened.

1q6eji.jpg

Wow...

I already said "touche". And I also admitted my grandfather said much worse and never got fired. What do you want? Blood???

Yeah, because everyone wants to see a poor white family of SJWs....

Being a bit cheeky, but this appeals to maybe 3% of the population. It willl have a good first, and maybe second episode. Then the novelty will be gone, and the ratings will crumble.

Well, in fairness, the Roseanne revival did do very well in the ratings and obviously had all of those elements.

Well, in fairness, the Roseanne revival did do very well in the ratings and obviously had all of those elements.
True, but it's because of name recognition though. Not because of the concept.

Good news, I can't wait to not watch this show too.

She said this chick looked like this...

1527620575129_0.png

There is a resemblance. lol

If Roseanne meant this to be a 1 to 1 comparison, and there was no racial compenent to her thought process, then it was not a racist comment. There is no chance of convincing left-wing individuals who use charges of racism as a means to control people that this is possible though.

That comparison was her intention though. And, you want to see people saying much worse and not getting fired for it? Go watch a Comedy Central Roast. Any of them...

That is what she stated was her intention.

Not at all. You're the one reaching. Because the people on those shows were there voluntarily that means the participants can say absolutely anything they want? Anything? I don't follow your logic at all.

You wish. :D

Arguing that Roseanne was specifically comparing Valerie Jarret to that character from the 2001 version of Planet of the Apes is what got Shadow Priest run out of town for being outed as a Grand Wizard.

At no point did Roseanne ever say that’s what she meant by the comment, that specific comparison is just something people defending her jumped to after the fact to try and excuse her comment. If by some chance she really did mean that she looks like that character then her comment maybe Iess egregious, because they actually do look similar. However, many people are justifiably sceptical at that explanation, because that’s a super obscure reference. Unlike the 60s original or the recent trilogy very few people liked the 2001 version, so referring to it in 2018 would be super random and obscure. Especially by a 65 year old while supposedly fucked up on too much ambien. That’s why few people are buying that explanation, especially since Roseanne herself never provided that as her explanation.

Last edited:
Yeah she wasn't canned for one statement made in bad taste. She's basically constantly saying crazy shit. That's why she got canned.

The last episode she was nervous to have knee surgery, because she didn't want to die during it. Easy way to write her off.

It was racist...horribly so..

Hey man, I'm with you, except for this hyperbole. It was mildly racist at best, but there's no place for that in popular media. Ethnic cleansing is horribly racist, slavery is horribly racist, Barrs comment was just shitty.

It was fairly obvious this was going to happen. The only thing to see now is whether the audience accepts or rejects the series without Barr.

It was fairly obvious this was going to happen. The only thing to see now is whether the audience accepts or rejects the series without Barr.

I'll watch it, in fact I think it will be better without Roseanne, who was pretty weak this season.

I really like Goodman, and if Chalke is still going to be on it, sign me up.

I'll watch it, in fact I think it will be better without Roseanne, who was pretty weak this season.

I really like Goodman, and if Chalke is still going to be on it, sign me up.

It was a good season. I think I'll still enjoy it. Goodman is one of the GOAT actors in my opinion. People might disagree with me but there's few who do multiple genres as well as he does. How someone who generally conveys such affability could be as creepy and unnerving as he was in 10 Cloverfield Lane is very striking to me. Similar to Robin Williams, he has that spot on ability to do dramatic work just as convincingly as he can do comedy.

I put Keaton in that category with them too. The guy just delivers every time, even when he is in substandard material. He started out in straight up comedies but then showed very good range throughout his career. People were real worried when he was cast as Batman and yet he knocked it out of the park.

Enough on that tangent though. I think there are many stories they can tell by focusing on the family sans Roseanne. Maybe DJ gets something to do beyond a few interactions with his siblings lol. I, for one, thought that Gilbert and Goranson were great last season. Goodman is always awesome. I guess you run the risk of making the season too much of a bummer because Roseanne dying is a huge blow to that family, but the series always managed the comedy-drama stuff well. And you know they won't cop out and do that horrendous Kevin Can Wait shit where they kill off the character and then barely address it and hope you forget.

I hope they bring Chalke back. I was bummed out that once that early arc with Becky wrapped, that was all they had for her. Seemed like they just threw her an extended cameo out of respect to her involvement on the original series.

I wish this was about Sarah Connor and family instead

Arguing that Roseanne was specifically comparing Valerie Jarret to that character from the 2001 version of Planet of the Apes is what got Shadow Priest run out of town for being outed as a Grand Wizard.

At no point did Roseanne ever say that’s what she meant by the comment, that specific comparison is just something people defending her jumped to after the fact to try and excuse her comment. If by some chance she really did mean that she looks like that character then her comment maybe Iess egregious, because they actually do look similar. However, many people are justifiably sceptical at that explanation, because that’s a super obscure reference. Unlike the 60s original or the recent trilogy very few people liked the 2001 version, so referring to it in 2018 would be super random and obscure. Especially by a 65 year old while supposedly fucked up on too much ambien. That’s why few people are buying that explanation, especially since Roseanne herself never provided that as her explanation.

Only Roseanne knows her intentions for certain, but looking at the images, I can certainly see the case for a one to one comparison there...

Only Roseanne knows her intentions for certain, but looking at the images, I can certainly see the case for a one to one comparison there...

I agree, they do look similar, but I still think that it’s somewhat of a convenient ad hoc explanation after the fact.

Who knows?

<{1-10}>

lol @ conservatives rushing to her defense.
do they not remember when she botched/mocked the national anthem, and at the end, spit on the ground and grabbed her imaginary (or maybe not) nut sack?
that shit was much more disrespectful than kneeling or sitting quietly during the anthem.

lol @ conservatives rushing to her defense.
do they not remember when she botched/mocked the national anthem, and at the end, spit on the ground and grabbed her imaginary (or maybe not) nut sack?
that shit was much more disrespectful than kneeling or sitting quietly during the anthem.

That was a joke gone terribly wrong. She miscalculated and pissed a lot of people off (myself included). It's also old news. This is a completely independent issue. You criticize people where they deserve to be criticized. I don't think anyone is saying what she said was a smart thing to say, but whether or not her motives were really "racist" rather than just a one to one comparison is another matter.

Back