• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Rose apologizes to fans

She should just retire

That shit was embarrassing

Let's move all WMMA back to Invicta while we're at it. All those women's fights were awful. OSP vs Shogun was better than Rose v Carla, disgusting.

Nahh man straw weight is good division, all of Rose’s fights before this have been exciting she just had one bad fight.

Rose can recover from this performance. Ngannou and Lewis had a snoozer a few years ago and rebounded to be entertaining fighters.

Comes off like she wants to be a victim with the "I feel like a shitty human being" thing.

The fight was one thing, but her attitude is what really put it over the top. She came off as arrogant, and delusional, she is gonna have to do better than a couple of sentences on social media to make up for that.

A few exciting wins and this will be forgotten though.

She should just retire

That shit was embarrassing

Let's move all WMMA back to Invicta while we're at it. All those women's fights were awful. OSP vs Shogun was better than Rose v Carla, disgusting.

I agree. The women have had more than enough time to prove they belong in the UFC and more often than not the fights turn out to be snooze-fests. There are just not enough talented women and exciting women's fights to justify keeping it in the UFC. Rose vs. Esparza was a very typical WMMA fight. It looked like a friendly sparring match where both women act like it was a brutal war when it is finished and are then shocked when people boo them. It is time for the women to head to Invicta.

Her corner fucked up too. Really bad game plan. Unfortunately for her, nobody wants to see a rematch so she may be stuck with it for a while.

<Fedor23>
Not to pretend I'm a mind reader (I'm no @Jackonfire ) but I think the gameplan might have been to purposefully stay that distant because of Carla's habit of not setting up shots and sometimes starting them from a mile out. So Rose baits the shot, and the part that fucked up is A) Carla wasn't diving that much this fight and more importantly B) Rose never actually did much to punish the shots. I remember ONE good punch Rose landed after all those attempts, and then she didn't follow up on it at all. She was playing a trap game, but put no pressure to incentivize the traps and didn't spring back enough like a trap should. Wittman said something similar when he was telling her to attack more in those moments.

Execution was shite, but I'm not sure the plan was actually that bad (though it was obviously going to be boring, which I think they knew, partly judging by Pat's comments on the boo's).

Weird fight can’t hold it against her too much, with the shitty corner advice and fighting a very cautious fighter , I can’t imagine anyone is excited about Carla being champ.
A really boring fighter who has only lay and pray chance to victory.

It's not so much being excited at Carla being champ, but there's excitement that Rose is NOT the champ.

This sets a precedent that no the champ can't win by avoiding the fight and the challenger isn't held to a higher standard that they have to "beat the champ" to win.

Based on scoring criteria, Rose rightfully lost.

It's not so much being excited at Carla being champ, but there's excitement that Rose is NOT the champ.

This sets a precedent that no the champ can't win by avoiding the fight and the challenger isn't held to a higher standard that they have to "beat the champ" to win.

Based on scoring criteria, Rose rightfully lost.
Cool story , I’d rather have a mostly exciting champ that can actually beat other top fighters in the division , than a champ who can’t and is just a blanket

Cool story , I’d rather have an mostly exciting champ that can actually beat other top fighters in the division , than a champ who can’t and is just a blanket

Carla was more exciting than Rose for 25 mins when they fought

Doesn't seem sincere :cool:
exactly. her team were content with feeding her delusions that the boo's were only for carla/or that they were signs that her plan was working.
they must've realized by now that it's better for her future drawing power to just own up to it and apologize.
just like chandler and oliveria calling out conor, everyone just wants to make as much money as possible moving forward.

Not to pretend I'm a mind reader (I'm no @Jackonfire ) but I think the gameplan might have been to purposefully stay that distant because of Carla's habit of not setting up shots and sometimes starting them from a mile out. So Rose baits the shot, and the part that fucked up is A) Carla wasn't diving that much this fight and more importantly B) Rose never actually did much to punish the shots. I remember ONE good punch Rose landed after all those attempts, and then she didn't follow up on it at all. She was playing a trap game, but put no pressure to incentivize the traps and didn't spring back enough like a trap should. Wittman said something similar when he was telling her to attack more in those moments.

Execution was shite, but I'm not sure the plan was actually that bad (though it was obviously going to be boring, which I think they knew, partly judging by Pat's comments on the boo's).
Yeah. that would be the logical move for an opponent like this (and certainly what I expected) but when Rose wasn't getting it done they should've changed course. It almost seemed like they were more concerned with not upsetting Rose than they were with winning.

Carla was more exciting than Rose for 25 mins when they fought
No she wasn’t , but even you think so , that’s like watching a snail move is more exciting than watching paint dry , it’s not really a feather in anyones cap.

She is fine. She is very young and she has time to capture the title again. It takes off a lot of pressure from her too. I don't think she wants to compete often anyways.

Back