Rory McDonald v Matt Brown

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mikezismike, Aug 3, 2015.

1. mikezismike

mikezismike Black Belt

How would this fight go? do you want to see this match soon?

Red King
    [YT]sDTal2FRIjE[/YT]

v

Immortal
    [YT]9uMiFEHOvI0[/YT]

2. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

Rory beats him up.

3. uhwrestler

uhwrestler Banned Banned

probably got rory....but hendriks lawler and condit will always beat rory....thus rory will never be champ at 170 as long as those 3 guys are there

4. 2 COOL

2 COOL Purple Belt

I would pick Rory to win, but would never count Brown out, he might light Rory up. I know one thing would love to see the fight ......

5. barillas

barillas Anti-Marxist Belt

Matt has more chances against him than he has with Hendricks and Lawler IMO

6. OriginMMA

OriginMMA Black Belt

Robbie via TKO.

7. jonnyeh

jonnyeh White Belt

Not sure I agree with this. If Rory would have won the fight against Lawler would you still be saying that Hedriks and Lawler still beat him?

I think Rory takes this if he takes it to the ground.

8. Bboy

Bboy Black Belt

I would favor Rory but wouldn't be surprised if Brown pulled off a TKO win ala Condit. I think this fight was supposed to happen back at UFC 123 but someone got injured.

9. dissolved

dissolved Steel Belt

I'm down. I just hope Rory comes back better than ever.

10. RoryMacdonald

RoryMacdonald Purple Belt

Rory was 20 when he fought Condit (former WEC WW champ) and was up 2 rounds on all three scorecards going into the third. Pretty impressive. If he didn't get his nose broken in the first round of the Lawler II fight, then things may've played out very differently as Rory was forced to breathe through his mouth. Rory has also won 4 rounds against Robbie and outstruck him in the last fight.

11. VulgarSnaps

VulgarSnaps Orange Belt

Rory by stoppage, brown won't quit or give up anything, but he likes to brawl and Rory is a way better striker.

12. Estudante

Estudante Brown Belt

the victory

13. Wrathsoul

Wrathsoul Purple Belt

Who said anything about Robbie?

14. Red Triangle

Red Triangle Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I think Rory would just out speed and use tactics to outpoint Brown. I'd like to see Brown fight another nose to the grindstone kid of fighter.

Brown vs. Cote sounds like a badass fight.

15. Red Triangle

Red Triangle Silver Belt Professional Fighter

and Rory vs. Stephen Thompson

16. SchlomoS

SchlomoS Purple Belt

anyone that has a wrestling advantage is automatically the favorite against Brown.

Brown has deceptive power, and he's been hurting everyone he touches. Rory would eat a few and then go into Plan B and ride out a decision on top.

17. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

How many times has Rory had top position in a fight, and didn't finish? His top game is mean.

18. SchlomoS

SchlomoS Purple Belt

Condit; but i agree with you, his top game is probably the best part of his game.

But Brown isn't a scrub, his defense against Hendricks was way overlooked. He was barely getting damaged. I don't think Rory could stop Brown on the ground. He might be able to land more due to his length and skill than Hendricks, but Brown is good off of his back.

19. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Playoff Mode.

Diaz as well.

Brown has a really active guard, I like it, but Hendricks straight sucks from the top position. Has he ever passed guard in a UFC fight?

I think if Rory get on top of Brown he's throwing bombs. There is no coasting. Brown would attack and so would Rory.

20. SteveMR

SteveMR Green Belt

Wow, just one of the worst, most biased posts I've seen. "If Robbie didn't break Rory's nose in the first round, Rory might have won the fight..." OK, and if the Packers don't score 42 points in the first half, the Bears might win the game, right? It's a fist fight, and Robbie's stated goal in said fight was to keep pounding Rory's nose in until he couldn't take the pain anymore. Well, he needed to do exactly that in the 5th round in order to keep the belt he fought so many years to earn, and that's what he did.

It was an epic fight that will live on as one of the very best we as MMA fans had the privilege to witness, and not only did Rory's skills look better than ever, but he gained a new fan in me by simply displaying that warrior spirit that so few men and women on this Earth posess. Sure, he crumbled to the ground from an accumulation of powerful punches just minutes away from possible UFC gold, but I'd say less than 5% of the UFC WW division would have even made it that far with a nose that had been flattened into a black hole.

Rory is tough as nails and has the true heart of a champion, but Robbie IS the champion, and he showed it by giving Rory an ass whooping for the second time. More so than getting back in title contention, I just hope Rory doesn't get into too many more wars like that, because that was just brutal and Rory has too much heart to know when to throw in the towel.

TL;DR - Much respect to Rory, but please show some for the champ