Ronny Markes signs with WSOF

Good for WSOF. With Rumble moving on to greener pastures, the LHW division needs a fresh face.

Didn't even know he was cut. I wonder if he tries to fight now.

Didn't even know he was cut. I wonder if he tries to fight now.

unfair cut IMO, but I don't think he will have much trouble getting back... the guy is a superb grappler. He might need to get some finishes though.

He bored the shit out of a lot of people and then got T/KO'd in his last two.

Perfect recipe for a UFC cut.

He bored the shit out of a lot of people and then got T/KO'd in his last two.

Perfect recipe for a UFC cut.

Yeah, I wasn't at all surprised by that cut. But I think he's a guy that can earn his way back with a few wins (and hopefully a few finishes).

Can't say I'm really looking forward to watching him in any organization. Hopefully the move back up to LHW and the cut from the UFC will motivate his attitude while fighting.

ehh.. I guess it's a name but he's not a guy i want to see at all. Not that great of a signing.

That ridiculous weight cut was making him look bad.

I think now, at 205, he will perform better.

I think he beats spong. I could see him winning that title. Who knows, but this will probably be the win that sets spong over the top along with Kyle

Good for WSOF. With Rumble moving on to greener pastures, the LHW division needs a fresh face.

Hopefully they'll bring up a LHW guy of their own who can make the division interesting.

ehh.. I guess it's a name but he's not a guy i want to see at all. Not that great of a signing.

He is one of those guys that changed his style and approach to fights a lot when he got in to the UFC. He used to finish a lot of fights before... constantly looking for submissions and very nice GnP.

Moving to 185lbs and trying to play it safe really ruined his first run. He is still very young though, I think we will see a much better version of him back at LHW + motivation to get back.

Hopefully they'll bring up a LHW guy of their own who can make the division interesting.

I agree. It's a fine balance for WSOF, Bellator, etc, to try and build stars out of up-and-coming talent, while at the same time bulking up their roster with experienced/recognizable cast-offs from Zuffa. A card with too many unknowns/up-and-comers is not going to get any attention, while a Tito-Rampage main event makes your organization look second-tier.

I agree. It's a fine balance for WSOF, Bellator, etc, to try and build stars out of up-and-coming talent, while at the same time bulking up their roster with experienced/recognizable cast-offs from Zuffa. A card with too many unknowns/up-and-comers is not going to get any attention, while a Tito-Rampage main event makes your organization look second-tier.

Agreed, these types of signings are good for an organization like this. Ronny is very good, but not unbeatable. As the division develops, guys like him, Kyle, and Al-Hassan can test guys as they come up. At worst you get Markes picking up a few in boring wins, he serves his contract, and goes on his way.

Back