Ronda's BIGGEST weakness was once again exposed tonight!!

HespectNutting

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
And it was obvious against Holly. Ronda is naturally LEFT HANDED but yet fights out of an orthodox stance...WHY? I guess it's to help her with her hip throws but the fact is her fighting in this stance means she has no effective straight right and depends purely on left hooks which are easy to defend (the moment Ronda swung a left-hook on Holly, missed and fell on her knee is a prime example of this). So this stance effects her striking ability but also effects her movement and defensive abilities imo.

I mean I know there are some pro boxers who are lefties that fight orthodox like Cotto, Ward and in the past Hatton and Dela-hoya!!..but Ronda only took up boxing not that long ago and the results have been clear to see. Just imagine getting up today, going to a boxing gym and sparring in a stance that isn't natural to you? You can have session after session but in the heat of the battle it will eventually catch up to you.

I wonder if Ronda knows how to hip-throw from the opposite side? If so that means she could have fought in the southpaw stance and I bet she would have been much better. Whatever the case though Edmund messed up as soon as he put her in that orthodox stance SMH.

Ronda's biggest weaknesses are her bad attitude and hubris.

Didn't know what to expect with this fight. Did expect it to go a minute at least lol.

I wonder if Ronda knows how to hip-throw from the opposite side? If so that means she could have fought in the southpaw stance and I bet she would have been much better. Whatever the case though Edmund messed up as soon as he put her in that orthodox stance SMH.

Most judoka are taught to throw from both sides. I gotta believe that Ronda being an elite level judoka that she is comfortable throwing from either side.

I thought it was her lack of head movement, being flat footed, having shitty striking, attitude of a 13 year old from Orange County, horrid coach...shall I go on?

Most judoka are taught to throw from both sides. I gotta believe that Ronda being an elite level judoka that she is comfortable throwing from either side.

And if that is the case then it's just astounding that she fights out of an orthodox stance!!..it really is. And it just personifies how much of a f#ck up Edmund has been.

but Ronda only took up boxing not that long ago
fuck this
she's been training now for over 3 years, maybe even more
her technique is still shit

I've seen people in my boxing class have better technique in the first week

fuck this
she's been training now for over 3 years, maybe even more
her technique is still shit

I've seen people in my boxing class have better technique in the first week

But my point is she's taken up boxing very late and has been taught to fight in an unnatural stance which makes it doubly hard to adapt to. It makes it much harder to learn movement and defensive techniques imo which is why most of the best switch hitters in boxing are the ones that have been doing that since they were a kid aka Terence Crawford, James Degale, Tyson Fury etc etc. Ronda is a poor boxer to begin with so by fighting in that stance she's virtually futile imo.

But my point is she's taken up boxing very late and has been taught to fight in an unnatural stance which makes it doubly hard to adapt to. It makes it much harder to learn movement and defensive techniques imo which is why most of the best switch hitters in boxing are the ones that have been doing that since they were a kid aka Terence Crawford, James Degale, Tyson Fury etc etc. Ronda is a poor boxer to begin with so by fighting in that stance she's virtually futile imo.
agreed she should just stick to the basics
but the problem is, outside of her judo, she has nothing

agreed she should just stick to the basics
but the problem is, outside of her judo, she has nothing
She has heavy hands, a sturdy chin, and unbreakable will in the cage. The problem is that in her last two fights she has taken serious, career-altering damage. She has taken this damage due to the aforementioned traits of chin and heart. Instead of turtling up and calling it a day (like thousands of fighters have done), she just keeps fighting, standing, coming at you until she physically cannot do so anymore.

She was in great shape. She was roaring to go. Now, we all knew her hands were heavy, but we also all knew that her striking footwork sucks and her head movement is completely nonexistent. She kept framing her defense, but not moving her fuckin head. No level changing, no jab, no angles. Just frame up your guard in a stationary manner and walk repeatedly into heavy fire.

Come the fuck on, Ronda. You literally did nothing whatsoever except play a great song as you walked to the cage, look incredibly focused and physically impressive, and then repeatedly walk into artillery until they had to save you from yourself. I mean, for fuck's sake, she was fighting like she didn't spar a single fucking round for this fight. She had zero reactions, zero coordination, zero timing. It's like her whole camp was nothing but judo and weights. She looked like she hadn't taken a single punch since Holly Hogan gave her the Big Boot way back when.

Wow this this true? I didn't know Rousey was left handed? If this is the case and is fighting Orthodox, this is very significant and no one has pointed it out. I box and would never go into a fight fighting southpaw for no reason.

She has heavy hands, a sturdy chin, and unbreakable will in the cage. The problem is that in her last two fights she has taken serious, career-altering damage. She has taken this damage due to the aforementioned traits of chin and heart. Instead of turtling up and calling it a day (like thousands of fighters have done), she just keeps fighting, standing, coming at you until she physically cannot do so anymore.

She was in great shape. She was roaring to go. Now, we all knew her hands were heavy, but we also all knew that her striking footwork sucks and her head movement is completely nonexistent. She kept framing her defense, but not moving her fuckin head. No level changing, no jab, no angles. Just frame up your guard in a stationary manner and walk repeatedly into heavy fire.

Come the fuck on, Ronda. You literally did nothing whatsoever except play a great song as you walked to the cage, look incredibly focused and physically impressive, and then repeatedly walk into artillery until they had to save you from yourself. I mean, for fuck's sake, she was fighting like she didn't spar a single fucking round for this fight. She had zero reactions, zero coordination, zero timing. It's like her whole camp was nothing but judo and weights. She looked like she hadn't taken a single punch since Holly Hogan gave her the Big Boot way back when.
that is not the problem
the problem is she has a horrible coach and is a one trick pony
she has zero technique, zero

She's just extremely one dimensional. She's the WMMA equivalent of Royce Grace. When Royce fought Matt Hughes you could see clearly how much the sport had evolved, same thing here (not that it was a surprise to anyone).

Ronda had nothing for Nunes and the fight should never really have happened, especially considering Ronda's obvious mental state.

I'm not a fan of Ronda by any means, but I don't like to see the dumb trolling of someone that is clearly not mentally strong. These people are far worse than any shit Ronda has done.

Someone made a thread about the comparison of Ronda to Ricky Hatton in terms of sticking with the same camp and not evolving their style. Hopefully there isn't going to be a comparison with how they handled retirement.

If it's really that simple, I think she would figure that out.

Back