Ronda vs Floyd question

Enders

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start a debate here, I just know that this place would be the best place to find this answer. Many people claim that Floyd could ko Ronda before she could clinch.

My question is this. Is punching a viable defense to a clinch or takedown? I know fighters use takedown defense, and then punch. I've seen fighters use knees to stop a takedown. But can anybody provide an example of someone using a punch to stop a takedown or clinch, prior to establishing takedown defense?

MMA has debunked and confirmed a lot of martial arts theory. We now have a whole lot of evidence on what works and what doesnt work. I just wanna know if the idea that someone can throw punches to stop a takedown is a legit strategy.

watch the bjjscout youtube videos on Ronda, they cover how opponents have used the jab to stop her from rushing and clinching them

Floyd via having testicles. :rolleyes:

People need to let this shit go.

Punching is viable as a preemptive strike to the clinch if you are a precision sniper like Mayweather who just got 300 million in his last fight. This isn't some random guy who goes to the boxing gym every weekend. This is the top 1% all time level male boxer.

Punching is viable as a preemptive strike to the clinch if you are a precision sniper like Mayweather who just got 300 million in his last fight. This isn't some random guy who goes to the boxing gym every weekend. This is the top 1% all time level male boxer.

That's the theory. I'm asking for this ever happening. While there has never been a boxer as good as Mayweather in mma, there is certainly enough punches thrown for this to have happened if it's viable. I'm not trying to debate whether it's a good theory, i'm searching for an example.

anyone who wanted the fight on the ground but got knocked out.

Is usually always done by the fighter establishing takedown defense. I'm searching for an example of it being down with just punches.

because you can't take someone down when you're knocked out.

tumblr_mk6qzhm3CI1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

No. It isn't. I've asked this many times through the years and nobody has been able to provide a true example of it. It has never happened.

That is evidence, but Ronda took every single one of those girls down.

Eventually, but it stopped her first attempts.

Are you asking if it can stop an attempt? Clearly it can and has.

Are you asking if it can stop 100% of attempts? No method works 100% of the time.

Back