Ronda vs Cyborg = Pacquuiao vs Maywether of the UFC

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
The buildup will continue for another year until the emotional highs and lows are unbearable then the crecendo will overwhelming as the rumors continue to inch closer to the anticipated announcement.

I predict that it will be a fight without a title at stake at 139 lb. catchweight....Ronda will make $5 million.....(its all about the matchup and money and who cares about a title)

I would watch it regardless. I am not sure of the outcome which makes it even more interesting. Everyone knew the outcome of Mayweather fight.

I almost think a fight with Holm would sell more than Cyborg. I know that sounds absurd to serious MMA fans, but those mega-buy cards are driven by casuals and I think Holm's resume as a boxer is a huge selling point for that fight. The vast majority of those buyers are going to buy the card having never seen Cyborg fight, or Holm, and they're basically going to go off the selling angle. Cyborg being a 145 champ in another organization helps but Holm being undefeated since moving from being a champion boxer helps a lot too. The animosity between Cyborg/Rousey is the only reason I say almost, because that should tip the scales in Cyborg's favor as far as promotion goes. Holm is too kind.

Last edited:
I almost think a fight with Holm would sell more than Cyborg. I know that sounds absurd to serious MMA fans, but those mega-buy cards are driven by casuals and I think Holm's resume as a boxer is a huge selling point for that fight. The vast majority of those buyer are going to buy the card having never seen Cyborg fight, or Holm, and they're basically going to go off the selling angle. Cyborg being a 145 champ in another organization helps but Holm being undefeated since moving from being a champion boxer helps a lot too. The animosity between Cyborg/Rousey is the only reason I say almost, because that should tip the scales in Cyborg's favor as far as promotion goes. Holm is too kind.

Though Holm is legitimate I disagree...she would take awhile to build...the momentum for Cyborg is present....the powers will now continue to stoke it.

It's the only interesting WMMA fight that can be made at the minute, I think. Anything but another Miesha Tate/Rousey fight.

I'd watch it.

Anything's gotta be more exciting than Manny vs. Mayweather.

no.

Silva vs Jones or Silva vs GSP would have been tho

SO what your saying is cyborg will continue to avoid the fight for years and the advance testing that comes with it.

Gotchya ts

We have not seen how Ronda handles someone who can maintain distance from her. While I think Ronda is probably too explosive for Holly. Holly does add a dimension Ronda has never faced before. I think if she can stay away from Rondas clinch, she can bore us to death with a 5 round win from the outside (holm).

Cyborg vs Fallon Fox.....winner versus Ronda.

I dont know about that, lol

i thought about that too

its comparable

and it will be way more exciting

meh, whatever. at this rate, we'll be waiting forever to see this fight too...

The buildup will continue for another year until the emotional highs and lows are unbearable then the crecendo will overwhelming as the rumors continue to inch closer to the anticipated announcement.

I predict that it will be a fight without a title at stake at 139 lb. catchweight....Ronda will make $5 million.....(its all about the matchup and money and who cares about a title)

Agreed Mayweather waited for Pacquiao to fall off skill wise before agreeing to fight him. Rousey will do the same with Cyborg. The minute Cyborg looks less dangerous they will book the fight.

Back