Ronda VS Amir Khan

SAMURAI SPIRIT

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was listening to the Ronda VS Floyd discussion and how Dana White was also bragging that his girl Ronda could finish all the boxers in an MMA type setting so I thought I should share this story relating to Amir Khan.

I have a friend who is a Judo black belt and a power lifter. He is a 5.8 compact bullish looking dude that you do not want to mess with if you saw him. He was a bouncer and would always get called when someone really big in the club was acting really nasty. He has been in judo competitions and is also a judo coach for kids but nothing up there like the Olympics.

He admits that once in a bet, he tried to take Amir Khan down and Amir Khan banged the shit out of him. He says that if Amir Khan had a gi on then it might be easier go get grips but there was no way to grab Amir without eating something and every time Amir hit him it was like "electric shocks that originated in his head and went all the way down to his feet." It was not even a sanctioned fight but people clowning around but still he left convinced that you cant get close to a professional boxer without eating some serious leather.

In my mind, I try to take this almost 200 lbs beast of a judo black belt out and insert a 135 lbs Ronda trying the same thing. Eating punches while getting grips ... how do you think it ends? Share your conclusions please ...

Ronda-Floyd, Ronda-Khan...who gives a fuck, it's the same shit.

Did any one else see the vid of moose just rag dolling her?

Your mate sounds like he sucks at Judo.

Danas just talking out of his ass to generate interest/conversation. Its working cause people are talking.
Promoter gonna promote.

Yep; only matter of time until Ronda cuts off the jab and drops him.

If Ronda can get a few successful clinches during the fight (not one but two or three) WITHOUT getting hit then she wins.

Look at her fights. When she clinches, her opponents break away. Then they exchange a few blows and usually it is after a few clinch attempts that she gets the take down worthy clinch that would end in an arm bar. Instead of Miesha Tate, put Amir Khan as the man dishing out the punishment while Ronda is trying to get the clinch. You guys really think she can get a solid, throw worthy clinch without eating blows? Yes or no?

No? .... so you think that Ronda can withstand a solid beating by a professional boxer and not get knocked out long enough to get the clinch?

This is exactly what happened to my friend who outweighs and out muscles Ronda by a good 70 lbs. The volume of punishment you eat just to close the gap is pretty intense for a 200 lbs beast.

I think this is it. Gene Labell already demonstrated what happens when you mix high level judo and boxing

Absolutely! And if you look at that fight Gene ate a fair amount of blows before getting the submission. Now put Ronda in his place and have her eat the same kind of blows from a fighter who is a hundred times better than Gene opponent (Milo Savage). What do you think would be the outcome?

Ronda via leg kicks

Seriously though Sara McMann landed like 5 shots on Ronda's head before Ronda could get the clinch so imagine what Amir Khan could do (not that he would need more than 5).

Also i'm not willing to accept the guy that Gene Labell beat as a Boxer. His record is 49-46 having thought strictly fellow journeymen so he can hardly be given the tag of Boxer.

too bad your friend didn't try to test Khan's chin

Also i'm not willing to accept the guy that Gene Labell beat as a Boxer. His record is 49-46 having thought strictly fellow journeymen so he can hardly be given the tag of Boxer.

the guy had almost 100 boxing matches but you deny him the label 'boxer'? or am i missing something?

Yes, Ronda is able to take people down in MMA because of the grips! Because of course, they wear gi's in mma.

Floyd would probably KO ronda, but your story is more evidence for the fact that closing the distance in a gi vs no gi situation is very different.

the guy had almost 100 boxing matches but you deny him the label 'boxer'? or am i missing something?

The number of fights you have doesn't mean you can box. Some journeyman in the UK just had his 100th fight and has only won 8 lol. Milo Savage was marketed as a hard hitting top level boxer. Watch the documentary about Labell if you think i'm joking. Milo Savage wasn't even a journeyman, he wasn't a guy that top level fighters would beat on their way to the top he was the guy that those journeymen guys would fight in order to rack up wins to make them seem legit. He beat some journeymen and lost to some and that was his job.

In Boxing you have Top level boxers, 2nd tier boxers, Domestic level boxers, Journeymen and Tomato cans. Milo Savage was a Tomato can who was marketed at a top level boxer in order to promote judo. The whole thing was a farce, even more so than Toney / Couture.

The number of fights you have doesn't mean you can box.

yes, but if you have boxing matches and get paid for them, whether or not you are any good, you are still a boxer, no?

Some journeyman in the UK just had his 100th fight and has only won 8 lol.

god bless him, tough way to earn a living. he's an opponent. he's expected to lose. check his record, bet he has very few stoppages losses. that takes skill. mock him if you like. how's your pro fight career coming along btw?

Milo Savage was marketed as a hard hitting top level boxer. Watch the documentary about Labell if you think i'm joking. Milo Savage wasn't even a journeyman, he wasn't a guy that top level fighters would beat on their way to the top he was the guy that those journeymen guys would fight in order to rack up wins to make them seem legit. He beat some journeymen and lost to some and that was his job.

In Boxing you have Top level boxers, 2nd tier boxers, Domestic level boxers, Journeymen and Tomato cans. Milo Savage was a Tomato can who was marketed at a top level boxer in order to promote judo. The whole thing was a farce, even more so than Toney / Couture.

tl,dr

Back