Ronda stripping at ceremonial weigh in...seems inconsistent with her week's behavior

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I thought she'd stay dressed, step on, step off, leave.

It seemed she wanted back that attention and adoration for a minute.

All good....just seemed inconsistent with her week leading up.

She wants and has been getting attention by not speaking to the media. She just doesn't want to answer any questions IMO

Don't see the issue really, something of nothing

Just doing what she usually does right? Sure she's shunned all media shit but she just wants to weigh in & fight

She wanted the ring girls to help her strip, or at least I did.

ESPN shared the face off video, Ronda knows what she is doing this whole time ya goofs

Her behavior seems simple to me. Her breadmaker is being that bad-ass MMA chick. Her story-line is "Redemption". UFC shuffled Holm up to give her the 145 belt, so to have an out if they want to avoid that.

Now... Ronda needs to win, that's it. The Holm loss was a mental loss, she did her rounds on the soft talk show circuit, but she ain't ready for Ariel to ask her about her busted jaw or her lack of head movement, it will mindfuck her.

So she is employing a smart strategy, use her cred with the UFC to avoid the media and stay focused. She wins, she remains that bad-ass chick, maybe she even calls Holm out for a 145 fight and holds 2 belts and then Cyborg.

She loses, she's done.

It's a minimal promotion. She skipped most of the usual pre-fight duties, playing her role in a staged weigh-in is the least she could do.

I thought about that for a second, and then Nunes came on stage with a stupid male lion mask on.

I loved the lion mask thing. I was hoping she'd leave it on when she faced off Ronda.

She probably has to under contract with Reebok.
All fighters probably have to show off as many pieces of clothing/product as possible.

I hope Holly does the same at the 208 weigh ins

Every other girl should learn from her. People not stripping is one reason i hate fake weigh ins

It was a good move. Ronda knows her stripping sells the fight and gets it on TV. I do not know why the other female fighters don't get this.

You all suck lol.

Ronda is clearly used to the old weigh in routine

Think she just wanted to shut the "Ronda is fat" crowd up.

Back