Ronda Rousey's mental downfall explained

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: This is not a fighter bashing thread. I'm merely trying to shed some light on the behavior of a former WMMA champion in a scientific way.

Please read before posting.

All the quotes are taken from the following links:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ego-insecurity-and-the-destructive-narcissist
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...401/the-truth-about-bullies-and-how-deal-them

"The most important thing to keep in mind about bullies is that they pick on those whom they perceive as weaker, so as long as you remain passive and compliant, you make yourself a target."

When asked what celebrity she disliked most, Rousey immediately went after Kardashian and the legitimacy of her celebrity status.

"You know what? I would beat the crap out of Kim Kardashian actually. Any girl who is famous and idolized because she made a sex video with some guy and that's all that you're known for, 'Oh, I got my fame for sucking dick,' I think it's pretty stupid, sorry, but it's true."

In the middle of Rousey's interview, Mike, a TMZ crew member, announced that Kardashian had responded to Rousey's statements. According to him, Kardashian wasn't upset at all by the comments. In fact, she thinks Rousey is "really pretty," and she doesn't want to say anything mean about her.

Rousey believes Kardashian made a wise choice to avoid any further confrontation.

"That's what she said? Okay. I like her reaction. It's alright, but I mean, what is she going to say? What could she say? I think the best move for her is to not piss me off more."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...shian-should-sell-lube-not-shoes-kim-responds

Rousey was asked about her appearance in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100" list of the most beautiful people of 2012. Rousey stated that she thought Arianny's ranking on the list was "undeserving" and that it would have been funny if she was ranked higher than her.

"It would have been really funny if I'd beaten Arianny Celeste, because that would be like a triathlete coming along and beating the runners in a marathon," Rousey said. "Like, 'Ha-ha, it's your job to show your titties—I do that better than you!’ Maybe next year. She's only getting older, and I'm reaching my prime."

On Friday, Celeste snapped back, "I don’t really like the way she carries herself," Celeste said. "I don't think she's a good role model for women. I think that women should empower each other and give each other a little pat on the back."

Rousey, not known for being the most calm and rational person, hit back hard today with a threat that Arianny might want to take seriously.

"I will seriously give that skank a black eye", said Rousey. "Really, her entire job is wearing a bra and holding a card in the air and she thinks she can talk shit to me? I can’t wait to see her at my next fight."

http://www.empiresports.co/ronda-rousey-threatens-to-give-ufc-ring-girl-arianny-celeste-black-eye/

Dennis Hallman was brought in as a guest coach during The Ultimate Fighter 18 with Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate as coaches, and apart from an altercation with Rousey's coach in Edmond Tarverdyan, he says there were other run ins that happened behind the scenes.

The former UFC fighter recently went on the record, and among the interesting details he gave about his time in the TUF house with Rousey, was when the UFC women's bantamweight champion went off on one of the producers of the show.

"She came and said, 'Hey Jamie, I'm really pissed off I brought some of the best coaches in the world here to this show, and they're supposed to get paid. Here's three weeks later, and they haven't been paid.'"

"That's a legit argument, and Jamie from the UFC, very respectful, and she said, 'Oh my gosh, Ronda. I'm so sorry; it will be taken care of very soon.' Before she could finish her sentence, Ronda interrupted her and said, 'You shut your mouth when I'm talking to you. You don't open your mouth. When I speak to you, you sit there and listen and shut your mouth.' She said that to the producer."

"For what reason? Nobody really knows because she truly has mental health issues."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/2...man-ronda-rousey-mental-health-issues-ufc-tuf

"The bully's ego is artifice. His arrogance is a hollow confidence. His condescension is a need to belittle. His rage is a need to control. This ego for him is a fragile thing, driven by fear and narcissism."

"The bully's bullying is not about us -- it's about him, and his weakness. It's about his sense of being threatened, and his horror at being found out as an imposter or a poser."

"Before we ever even fought each other, she just kind of came out of the blue and was just started talking trash about me and saying how she was going to slap the title out of my hand. So it was just very disrespectful from the get go and I'd never met her at this point."

"I saw her fight a few times before I even heard an interview of her and I thought she was a great fighter. I was like 'Yeah, this chick looks legit and tough'. I had nothing bad to say about her and then I heard some interviews where she started talking smack immediately about me and I was like 'Who is this chick? How dare she? What a rude person!'"

"When you hear Ronda Rousey talk about beating Cain Velasquez and all that stuff and lining up against heavyweights, understand that I'm telling you that I don't believe it can happen. But in her mind, she believes that shit. That's not any marketing. She believes it."

"I remember after the Olympics Ronda's mom called me because Ronda was coming in town in Florida and she had a tournament down there. She wanted her to stay by my home and take her to the weigh ins and take her to the tournament, etc. We had a training session where we were rolling around on the mat with just newaza. I was a black belt at the time in jiu-jitsu. Ronda began to cry. I said, 'What are you crying about?' She said, 'I can't do anything.' I said, 'Ronda, I'm 100 kg (220 lbs) male.' She said, 'Yeah, but I don't feel like you're supposed to beat me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/9...erguson-and-understanding-ronda-rouseys-reign

"Many bullies are also cowards on the inside. When their victims begin to show backbone and stand up for their rights, the bully will often back down."

"The bully is always the weakest kid on the playground. Push back, and watch with compassion as he collapses into a pale reflection of whom he pretends to be."

Former UFC champion Ronda Rousey says she thought about killing herself in the immediate aftermath of her knockout loss to Holly Holm in November.

Rousey, 29, appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Tuesday and spoke openly about her loss at UFC 193 in Melbourne, Australia. The championship fight ended when Rousey went down in a highlight-reel knockout after a kick to the head from Holm. Rousey was transported to a local hospital afterward.

"Honestly, my thought in the medical room, I was sitting in the corner and was like, 'What am I anymore if I'm not this?'" Rousey said. "Literally sitting there thinking about killing myself. In that exact second, I'm like, 'I'm nothing. What do I do anymore? No one gives a shit about me anymore without this.'"

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/14785901/ronda-rousey-says-considered-suicide-loss-holly-holm

On today's Joe Rogan Experience podcast, UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate told Rogan a story about an alleged nasty encounter between Ronda Rousey and Paige VanZant at a Reebok event.

"So Paige was also at that VIP party, and Paige and I have spoke, we're friendly. Don't know her that well. Anyway, she felt the need, she came up to me like 'Miesha Miesha Miesha, I have to tell you this experience I had with Ronda.' I'm like 'Oh, what?' And she's like 'Well we were at a Reebok deal just recently, and we were at a shoot, and I was trying to find her so we could get a picture, and the Reebok people were like 'Don't ask Ronda for a picture.'' She was like 'Why?' They were like 'Don't, just stay away from Ronda, don't ask her for a picture.' She was like 'Okay...'"

"And I guess Ronda came later that day and seeked her out. And just cussed her out. They've never really had a conversation either. She's like 'I don't know Ronda other than hi, bye.' That's it. I guess she came up, Ronda came up and was like 'Fuck you, you fairweathered bitch. How dare you cross me.' She (Paige) was like 'Cross you? What are you talking about?' And she (Rousey) is like 'You congratulated Holly Holm for beating me, so fuck you, you fucking fairweathered 115-pound...". She just went off on Paige."

Well it didn't take long for VanZant to respond, as TMZ reached out to her for comment, and she said that the incident did happen.

"It appears that I offended Ronda by congratulating Holly after her victory." VanZant said. "The incident was very shocking and totally unnecessary."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/5...very-shocking-confrontation-with-ronda-rousey

Last edited:
Ronda Rousey haters explained: they are pathetic and insecure.

Too much for a monday night.

She believed her own hype. Surronded by yes (wo)men. Invested a lot of herself in her image and fights.

Reading-Book-Man.jpg

She fought get like shit, got KO'd and had a mental breakdown.

All that needs to be said.

Obviously she's insecure, etc . But I'm not typing that much. (Or reading)

When you make Kim Kardashian come off as a decent person because even she pities your mental weakness; you have problems.

Can you and concrete whale make a thread explaining your obsession with someone you guys supposedly hate?

Is ronda bulying fighters i dont get it. do you want the person punching you in the face to be nice to you?

It is a fascinating topic whether you hate RRR or love her. Trying to understand how someone so apparently strong minded to reach great heights in their chosen discipline(s) can seem concurrently so mentally weak is intriguing. I don't care for her ego, but I did enjoy the energy she brought to her fights. Good read ts.

Back