• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ronda Rousey to Conor, 'You Don't Have to Get Arrested to Sell a Fight'

i kinda feel for Travis.. he was once THE prospect at HW, the next big thing at the division.. and now he's just standing there, being totally ignored, what a downfall lol

The thing is Rhonda never really sold a fight by herself. The media just kept talking about her saying he's a once in a lifetime athlete and bullshit like that. Her marketing skills were actually pretty bad, it consisted of doing some mean faces every now and then and thats it.

You know, that video they made of her sister playing the younger her was fantastic.

Conor has been one of the only people left in MMA to not crap on Ronda. I haven’t watched the video but if she’s saying anything other than constructive criticism then she really is the piece of shit everyone said she was
Watching the video would have been a pretty obvious and easy route to help you come to an informed conclusion on that. Very odd thing to bash someone for something based on nothing but conjecture. Fyi, she was being completely reasonable.

A little ironic.. Being that she got away with acting in ways guys wouldn't have.

lmao calm the fuck down. she didn't shake an opponents hand and she got into a minor scuffle ONCE during a weigh in.

Even though I never liked her, she made some pretty valid points. Conor nuthuggers are a joke comparing her to Conor. While she definitely received a lot of unfair preferential treatment and was a total bitch during fight buildups, at the very least she wasn't a hooligan like Conor and never did anything illegal.

LOL what? Just because Conor supported her means she's supposed to reciprocate by excusing his hooliganism and criminal behaviour?
<YeahOKJen>

She is nothing like Conor!
She actually defended her belt several times.

She did a 5 minute interview about MMA & said some stupid shit.
That won't be ignored on a forum that discusses MMA

She actually didn't say anything that stupid at all. People either didn't watch the interview or didn't even want to understand or listen her. I dont understand why people here are so afraid of having an opinions of their own. Its like this is some kind of popularity contest here where all people care about is what brings the "likes" and they chooses their stances based on that and what is the most popular opinion no matter how ridiculous and irrational that might be. People are so stupid here it literally often gives me headaches.

She actually didn't say anything that stupid at all. People either didn't watch the interview or didn't even want to understand or listen her. I dont understand why people here are so afraid of having an opinions of their own. Its like this is some kind of popularity contest here where all people care about is what brings the "likes" and they chooses their stances based on that and what is the most popular opinion no matter how ridiculous and irrational that might be. People are so stupid here it literally often gives me headaches.

BUT WHAT IF SOMEBODY CALLS YOU A HONDA FANBOY!? INTERNET POINTS

<21>

First and foremost MMA isn't fake WWE. If you take a child to see an MMA event under the age of 12. I think you're a bad parent. I could understand maybe a mature 11 year old but still. It's violent. It gets bloody not to mention the adults who drink booze in the crowds. It's not a family show like WWE. It's not. Id even say other pro sports aren't very family friendly. When I was a kid baseball games bored me to tears. But shit I loved wrestling back in the day because it was edgy attitude era wrestling. Which it's one of those it's not for kids but wink wink it's really for kids. So Ronda just shut up. You left the sport because you were mentally broken beyond repair.

Family show like WWE? lmfao

Off topic, but fuck... I really miss Ronda as a UFC fighter. The hype for her cards was amazing, her fights themselves were always exciting, etc.
Seems like she’s doing well with the wrestling thing, but I just don’t get down like that

"Conor has a pretty durable ego" - how ironic

I think Travis Browne changed the oil in my car at Jiffy Lube last week. And Ronda is can who couldnt last two minutes with Nunes. Conor still went 4 rounds with P4P #1.

Im glad i didn't see that one haha!

Man, it really was great. There are a couple of scenes that will make MMA fans wince, but for casuals this was as good as it gets.

People talk about how Gina was the face of WMMA, but to be honest, Ronda had a thousand times the influence.

(and her sister was really cute)

MMA Ebola talking About MMA Cancer....Fascinating.

Does she? Not trying to dig at you with this but her best ppv sales are half of Conor’s.

Well, I guess it's possible that Conor is ahead of Rouseys and Lesnars of the world due to getting arrested....

But he would probably pull this off even without arrest.... Just snowball effect, from 1 300 000 and 1650 000 against Nate and Alvarez, and then whole build up against Khabib

Let's be honest here, if Ronda's division was already established she wouldn't have sold or won anything of note.

Interesting that she said stars get preferential treatment in regards to PEDs.. hmm USADA turning cheek on money makers usings PEDs?

Not really a fan, just know an idiotic post when I read one.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FLeonardo-Dicaprio.gif

lel good meme
irl id beat u into a living death though

All I could think about during this whole video is "has Ronda ever been filmed on the street without a drink in hand?"

Back