Ronda Rousey= Most accomplished fighter with least competent head coach?

blacknblue104

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I seriously can't name a fighter who's won a World Title and defended it 5 times who had such a terrible coach. Not in boxing, kickboxing, MMA, nothing else...Johny Hendricks had a pretty bad corner when he was champion, but I think Ronda's is even worse.

It's downright hilarious to go back and watch her old fights...Seeing Edmond stand in the same corner as Renner Gracie and Gene LeBell and act like he is actually on their level is hilarious.

If Ronda loses hopefully that marks the end of Edmond coaching fighters in the UFC...I seriously don't like to say that about people but Edmond is a total fucking scumbag and a leach, no way to say it politely.

Ya i guess ur right

Was gonna take a shot at conor here but ronda is more accomplished so u win

Ronda was an Olympian, there was little doubt she would succeed in MMA. However, to succeed like she did and put WMMA on the map is extraordinary. Maybe surrounding her self with "yes" men and people who compliment her were needed for her to be successful.

Yeah, he's pretty much done if she retires, along with Travis Browne. But I wouldn't be too worried about him because he has a butt load of after school kids. Knowing Edmond, I am sure he's been actively scouting for a new kid to mentor.

Nope!

It's Cain and Bob Cook.
Or:
Luke and Bob Cook
Or:
Cormier and Bob Cook
Ah Turds, Bob Cook's the man.

James Thompson's coach was literally his collection of boxing and bjj DVDs lmao

I think Rich Franklin did the same thing iirc

Ronda was an Olympian, there was little doubt she would succeed in MMA. However, to succeed like she did and put WMMA on the map is extraordinary. Maybe surrounding her self with "yes" men and people who compliment her were needed for her to be successful.

Ronda being an Olympian didn't make it an automatic lock that she would be successful at MMA...Look at Sara McMann, she got knocked out by Amanda Nunes and she is an Olympic Silver Medalist.

Henry Cejudo just lost his last two fights and he is a Gold Medalist...Daniel Cormier and Dan Henderson both have gotten outwrestled in MMA by non-Olympians.

Ronda was able to translate her Judo game to MMA despite having a shitty MMA coach. I know her hyper-aggressive Judo style was well suited for MMA, but she definitely made adjustments to it as well.

One of the things that always impressed me about Ronda was how well she adapted to defending ground and pound with her sweeps/transitions/submission attempts. Not every grappler is able to do that.

It just makes me wonder how her career would have turned out if she walked into King's MMA or Alliance MMA instead of GFC.

She is a wmma pioneer for sure, but the level of competition has just started picking up in the last 2 years.

I mean, do you count Rousey's mother as her coach? I mean, I assume we have to give her some credit for teaching Rousey judo.

James Thompson's coach was literally his collection of boxing and bjj DVDs lmao

I think Rich Franklin did the same thing iirc

20090920111016_IMG_9383.JPG

I seriously can't name a fighter who's won a World Title and defended it 5 times who had such a terrible coach. Not in boxing, kickboxing, MMA, nothing else...Johny Hendricks had a pretty bad corner when he was champion, but I think Ronda's is even worse.

It's downright hilarious to go back and watch her old fights...Seeing Edmond stand in the same corner as Renner Gracie and Gene LeBell and act like he is actually on their level is hilarious.

If Ronda loses hopefully that marks the end of Edmond coaching fighters in the UFC...I seriously don't like to say that about people but Edmond is a total fucking scumbag and a leach, no way to say it politely.

I assume you are capable of identifying who is a good coach and who is a bad one so perhaps you can go into detail on why Edmund is such a horrible coach. Just saying he's horrible doesn't mean anything. I know how limited Ronda was when she started off in MMA and how far she's come in trying to be a well rounded fighter.

I assume you are capable of identifying who is a good coach and who is a bad one so perhaps you can go into detail on why Edmund is such a horrible coach. Just saying he's horrible doesn't mean anything. I know how limited Ronda was when she started off in MMA and how far she's come in trying to be a well rounded fighter.

Who is Edmonds other successful disciples?

War pigs one of the goat songs but this is fucking ridiculous do u even mma?

Great champ ur doing great champ keep it up uve got her

Did u even watch the holly holm fight?

Who is Edmonds other successful disciples?

I'm not familiar with everyone who trains at his gym. I know some pro boxers train there.

So back to my question to OP, what makes Edmund a bad coach?

War pigs one of the goat songs but this is fucking ridiculous do u even mma?

Great champ ur doing great champ keep it up uve got her

Did u even watch the holly holm fight?

Edmund was actually giving her good advice during the fight. He kept telling her to keep her hands up but because she was already hurt early in the 1st round she probably went into auto pilot and didn't know where she was.

A coach can't do shit if a fighter isn't listening.

Got any more examples or are you just going to parrot what everyone else says? Ronda lost a fight so now she sucks, her coach sucks and everyone associated with her sucks as well. That's just dumb.

It's never been about Ronda being a boxer. Ronda uses her boxing to close distance and get into the clinch where she's dominant. She's a grappler and a submission artist. Show me how Edmund has failed in that regard.

Do I even mma? Grow up. Better yet, watch some of Ronda's fights early in her career and tell me there isn't a noticeable and dramatic difference. Before she took the Holly fight on short notice she had stopped 3 of her last 4 opponents with strikes and had (2) 1 punch KO's.

I'm not familiar with everyone who trains at his gym. I know some pro boxers train there.

So back to my question to OP, what makes Edmund a bad coach?

Edmund was actually giving her good advice during the fight. He kept telling her to keep her hands up but because she was already hurt early in the 1st round she probably went into auto pilot and didn't know where she was.

A coach can't do shit if a fighter isn't listening.

Got any more examples or are you just going to parrot what everyone else says? Ronda lost a fight so now she sucks, her coach sucks and everyone associated with her sucks as well. That's just dumb.

It's never been about Ronda being a boxer. Ronda uses her boxing to close distance and get into the clinch where she's dominant. She's a grappler and a submission artist. Show me how Edmund has failed in that regard.

Do I even mma? Grow up. Better yet, watch some of Ronda's fights early in her career and tell me there isn't a noticeable and dramatic difference. Before she took the Holly fight on short notice she had stopped 3 of her last 4 opponents with strikes and had (2) 1 punch KO's.

Im not parroting shit u fucking white knight. Between round 1 and 2 he did not even mention commiting to a take down which was her only hope to win the fight, u ever heard of win conditions u fucking amateur competitor. She was not going to win by striking, it was obvious. Edmund is shit

WMMA is on par with amateur mens MMA today and when Ronda came around it was on par with UFC 1. You don't need a competent coach to do well you just need 1 successful skill (judo)

Im not parroting shit u fucking white knight. Between round 1 and 2 he did not even mention commiting to a take down which was her only hope to win the fight, u ever heard of win conditions u fucking amateur competitor. She was not going to win by striking, it was obvious. Edmund is shit

Oh look the hater just got triggered. You must have missed Ronda going for 2 take downs and coming up empty. Holly was just more prepared to beat Ronda than Ronda was to beat her. That's not necessarily Edmund's fault, considering the fight was moved up 2 months from when it was originally scheduled and Holly had been training to beat Ronda since she came into the UFC because she was guaranteed a title shot at some point.

Let's see how Ronda does with a full camp and an opponent she can fully prepare for. The results up until the Holly fight had been pretty damn impressive. (11) 1st round finishes in 12 fights and 10 of those 12 finishes within 1 minute. 7 successful title defenses in a row. If anyone else had a record like that nobody would be questioning the coaching.

Oh look the hater just got triggered. You must have missed Ronda going for 2 take downs and coming up empty. Holly was just more prepared to beat Ronda than Ronda was to beat her. That's not necessarily Edmund's fault, considering the fight was moved up 2 months from when it was originally scheduled and Holly had been training to beat Ronda since she came into the UFC because she was guaranteed a title shot at some point.

Let's see how Ronda does with a full camp and an opponent she can fully prepare for. The results up until the Holly fight had been pretty damn impressive. (11) 1st round finishes in 12 fights and 10 of those 12 finishes within 1 minute. 7 successful title defenses in a row. If anyone else had a record like that nobody would be questioning the coaching.
Jesus dude
{<BJPeen}

We're talking about edmund, not ronda. Listen to his advice between rounds.

Hes a shit coach. Only reason anyone knows his name is because an olympic medal winning athlete, trained by her mother, decided to stop by his gym

He is her striking coach

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Jesus dude

We're talking about edmund, not ronda. Listen to his advice between rounds.

Hes a shit coach. Only reason anyone knows his name is because an olympic medal winning athlete, trained by her mother, decided to stop by his gym

He is her striking coach

Her record speaks for itself. Name another female fighter with better coaching that has a better record.

^^ thanks to her Judo, which her mom trained her in. Like i said, edmund is her striking coach.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Back