**Ronda Rousey Fights Like an Outlier: A Statistical Analysis of her Dominance**

In individual martial arts, sure there was. Even though I technicaly support WMMA (maybe not on main cards however) it really is atrocious to watch, especially the striking. It's generally worse than random amateur MMA.

Small talent pool = small sample size.

Womans mma should not be compared with the more established mens mma.

It's not an outlier, it's an insufficient amount of data.

Fivethirtyeight is a great site. However, I didn't need their chart to know that Ronda is an outlier in speed of fights and finish rate.

great post, i'm sure you'd type more but I think you're cradling connors balls right?

Living through someone who doesn't even know you exist is weird. Get help buddy.

You sound quite rustled by my posting. Oh well.

Her "world class competition" had her first fight 3 years ago and is 32 years old. And no, she is not some prodigy that missed her calling. Mens and Womens MMA are completely different. Comparing the two just makes it easy for me to dismiss everything else you are saying.

Of course she is. Off to bed now, we don't want you waking up grumpy in the morning.

You sound like an idiot and that was really not funny...like at all. Don't know you but your bitting my dick for whatever so..fuck off

what don't people get about her competition being $hitty?

Werdum is the best fighter in the world, he can beat any human that is walking in the world.

Ronda fights as a female...in MMA...in the 135 division. SHE'S FOUGHT NO BODIES. NO BODIES.

She's the royce gracie of WMMA, congrats! there was more skill in ufc 1 than WMMA. GTFO

How could she be fighting people with no bodies? Is she fighting ghosts out there?

Her "world class competition" had her first fight 3 years ago and is 32 years old. And no, she is not some prodigy that missed her calling. Mens and Womens MMA are completely different. Comparing the two just makes it easy for me to dismiss everything else you are saying.

538 is Nate Silver's baby, and I've known of Nate going back to 2003 when he introduced PECOTA in the Baseball Prospectus annual. 538 also has another (recently) former BP writer named Rob Arthur, who is quite excellent. This article was garbage for the reasons you have fairly pointed out. Any first year stats student would have a few questions about the dataset. What's the five number summary? Why are men included in the sample? What the Hell does the decrease (overall, but considering we're mixing men and women here, almost exclusively men) in armbar finishes have to do with anything? Feels to me like there was a "write an MMA aricle and/or something about Rousey" article sitting in the writer's box.

Back