Ronda=Prime Tito Ortiz?

ThEiCeMaN6791

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know the views on Ronda are pretty polarizing. Some are comparing her to GSP and Jones (which to me is ridiculous). Others are comparing her to Royce (which I think is also ridiculous). I think it seems fair at this stage of WMMA to compare her to Tito during his title run. Both dominant ground fighters with rudimentary striking in a time where most fighters at least had some area of well roundedness, but were still only really good at one thing.

She is more like Royce if Royce was physically superior to everyone he fought.

She's somewhere between Royce and Tito on the scale

Tito and all his armbar victories. Okay...

Might as well compare her to Emmanuelle Yarborough. SMDH

I know the views on Ronda are pretty polarizing. Some are comparing her to GSP and Jones (which to me is ridiculous). Others are comparing her to Royce (which I think is also ridiculous). I think it seems fair at this stage of WMMA to compare her to Tito during his title run. Both dominant ground fighters with rudimentary striking in a time where most fighters at least had some area of well roundedness, but were still only really good at one thing.

Ronda= Shane Carwin

No, nobody was so far ahead of their competition that they could finish a title defense in slightly over a minute and then the next three fights in slightly over a minute combined. Not Ortiz, Liddell, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Frank Shamrock, Royce, Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Aldo, Lesnar, Sylvia - none of them. This is really the first time in MMA history we've seen a gap that big in fight prowess between the champ and the title contenders.

Tito was a wrestler W gnp

Ronda a a judoka

No she is more like Royce where no one really knows how to defend a sub.

I agree with you and have been saying the same thing for quite some time. Women's MMA is about 10 years behind men's MMA and for some reason isn't showing signs of catching up any time soon. Hopefully with all of this publicity Ronda is getting it makes a surge in the near future and either Ronda evolves into the GSP/Jones of WMMA or someone else steps up and we see some well rounded fighters in that division.

Back