Ronda might have made WMMA famous, BUT SHE TOOK IT BACK WITH THAT PERFORMANCE TONIGHT...

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Holy Crap...I have never seen such novice striking from a professional fighter EVER.

I have trained boxing and muay thai for quite some years, and from experience I understand that striking let alone boxing is not something you pick up right away..If ever. Most of you that have trained remembers your first sparring session...Getting beat up, overwhelmed etc etc.

It took many rounds of hard sparring for me to develop distance, timing, and head movement. Not because it looked fancy, but out of total necessity.

Rhonda, displayed none of this. And it is not because she has a terribly shitty coach, even if she trained with Freddie Roach for years, her striking would still look the same due to her not surpassing that mental barrier of getting hit. You can look good on the pads, but as Bruce Lee said...Boards dont hit back.

Rhonda never got past this beginning phase of learning how to get hit. As evidence shows, once she gets hit, she goes into panic mode and freezes.

Its just so sad to see a professional fighter have such terrible striking. I can't even say her performance was amateurish because amateurs look better than that. Not even Maia who rarely uses striking has that kind of embarrassing striking Rhonda displays.

R.I.P. RRR

Last edited:
I mean you know that things don't work like that, right?

Veiled excuse to talk about own experience?

Veiled excuse to talk about own experience?

Not even, I've got my ass handed to me plenty of times in sparring. I'll be the first to admit it, but having gone through the experience of learning how to strike, I know how difficult it is to strike while getting hit. Freddie Roach ain't gonna take the punches for Manny

Dont blame the coach, blame goes on Ronda for sucking that bad. Really...

Gina Corano was the pioneer of WMMA. If it wasn't for Gina, Ronda would have never even considered getting into the sport. Ronda was a right place, right time athlete. If she would have debuted 10 years ago, she would have been a practical nobody. People give Ronda WAAAAY too much credit.

Well as she leaves she takes the big pay checks with her. The rest will be fighting for peanuts and Page van Zant is nowhere near where she needs to be to be able bring non UFC viewers and money into the women's comp.

Ronda has been hit in previous fights, its that her gameplan simply doesnt work anymore, its too obvious

at least she made a lot of money, can make big body-sized pillows full of cash to cry into...lol....

Well as she leaves she takes the big pay checks with her. The rest will be fighting for peanuts and Page van Zant is nowhere near where she needs to be to be able bring non UFC viewers and money into the women's comp.

Do you really think shes more happier than Nunes right now? Besides losing pride, face, and brain cells, yea she got 3 mil but....

All the endorsements, movie deals can go out the window. Oh, next her fight? She'll be lucky if she co-mains that card and gets even half of what she got paid tonight. At least Page is attractive and has a modeling/tv thing going on for her, and she wasn't embarrassed as bad as Ronda was....

Again, Nunes career is on the rise, while Rousey is on the downward spiral. Its unfortunate but thats the cut throat nature of MMA.

If her coach wasnt shitty he would have put her into sparring and work on these things but it didnt look like she had 1 round of that.

Dana, Rogan, et. al wanted her so badly to be the once ever human they claimed she was. In reality, she's more of a pioneer than anything. WMMA just came and passed her by.

Holy Crap...I have never seen such novice striking from a professional fighter EVER.

I have trained boxing and muay thai for quite some years, and from experience I understand that striking let alone boxing is not something you pick up right away..If ever. Most of you that have trained remembers your first sparring session...Getting beat up, overwhelmed etc etc.

It took many rounds of hard sparring for me to develop distance, timing, and head movement. Not because it looked fancy, but out of total necessity.

Rhonda, displayed none of this. And it is not because she has a terribly shitty coach, even if she trained with Freddie Roach for years, her striking would still look the same due to her not surpassing that mental barrier of getting hit. You can look good on the pads, but as Bruce Lee said...Boards dont hit back.

Rhonda never got past this beginning phase of learning how to get hit. As evidence shows, once she gets hit, she goes into panic mode and freezes.

Its just so sad to see a professional fighter have such terrible striking. I can't even say her performance was amateurish because amateurs look better than that. Not even Maia who rarely uses striking has that kind of embarrassing striking Rhonda displays.

R.I.P. RRR

That is not true. Ronda was hit plenty of times by Tate, McMann, and others. She never went into panic mode.

She didn't even go into panic mode against Holm.

She only went into panic mode this fight because Nunes was a savage.

Freddie Roach would have been 10x the better coach than E.

Gina Corano was the pioneer of WMMA. If it wasn't for Gina, Ronda would have never even considered getting into the sport. Ronda was a right place, right time athlete. If she would have debuted 10 years ago, she would have been a practical nobody. People give Ronda WAAAAY too much credit.

That is dumb. And if Conor debuted in 1990, he would never be popular because MMA was a fringe sport back then.

Ronda deserves legit credit for bringing WMMA into the spotlight. More than any other female fighter.

Back