Ronda grappling with Nick Diaz

Nick is not that good and has yet to beat a top 10 so I wouldn't be surprised if he lost here

Penn and Daley were top 10....tehee.

He lost decisions to Silva, GSP, and Condit. Name a welterweight who beat GSP and Silva

Penn and Daley were top 10....tehee.

He lost decisions to Silva, GSP, and Condit. Name a welterweight who beat GSP and Silva

He also lost to Noons, Sherk, Riggs, Diego, Karo. He losses pretty much any time he fights a top fighter. If your best wins are two low end top 10s, you are not a great fighter. He is good, not great

He also lost to Noons, Sherk, Riggs, Diego, Karo. He losses pretty much any time he fights a top fighter. If your best wins are two low end top 10s, you are not a great fighter. He is good, not great
The worst Nick we ever saw was against GSP. And he made it competetive in the fourth and fifth. Nick is a great fighter, he has never been very good at playing the points game though. Different rules and who knows where he would have ended up.

That was a timid Anderson just coming back from a serious leg break who had no confidence. It was the worst Anderson we have ever seen and it was still a clear victory for him.

You lose even more credibility by saying Nick is an all time great. If your best wins are a LW and Paul fucking Daley, you are not an all time great. That plus his TERRIBLE record vs top 10 fighters. If Nick is an all time great you must have REALLY low standards.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Nick is an 'all time great', but it's not like he's a bum. You wouldn't be talking about him right now if he was.

Guys like Paul Daley are considered mediocre because other fighters just wrestle-fucked them, not because of their striking. I like Nick because he's usually willing to stand and trade with someone who's strength is striking, rather than resort to going for their weakness. He did the same with Lawler, which granted was a long time ago, but I think it shows his mindset. Lawler was on a terror as an up and comer from Miletich, and nobody in their right mind expected a 21yo BJJ stylist would stand and trade with Lawler. Same when he gogoplata'd Gomi.

Ya, he's lost most of last few fights, but context is everything. 2 out of his last 3 were against the GOATs of the sport, so there's no shame in that.

I just don't understand the hate for the guy if you enjoy watching fights. He comes to fight, and usually never takes the easy way out.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Nick is an 'all time great', but it's not like he's a bum. You wouldn't be talking about him right now if he was.

Guys like Paul Daley are considered mediocre because other fighters just wrestle-fucked them, not because of their striking. I like Nick because he's usually willing to stand and trade with someone who's strength is striking, rather than resort to going for their weakness. He did the same with Lawler, which granted was a long time ago, but I think it shows his mindset. Lawler was on a terror as an up and comer from Miletich, and nobody in their right mind expected a 21yo BJJ stylist would stand and trade with Lawler. Same when he gogoplata'd Gomi.

Ya, he's lost most of last few fights, but context is everything. 2 out of his last 3 were against the GOATs of the sport, so there's no shame in that.

I just don't understand the hate for the guy if you enjoy watching fights. He comes to fight, and usually never takes the easy way out.

I never said he was a bad fighter. He is a good fighter thats fun to watch and has a polarizing personality. He is not, and never has been an elite fighter though.

And like you said, context is everything. GSP was slowing down and had lost a bunch of his athleticism from injurys when he faced Nick. Anderson was also not the fighter he once was and was timid and scared coming back from his leg break

The worst Nick we ever saw was against GSP. And he made it competetive in the fourth and fifth. Nick is a great fighter, he has never been very good at playing the points game though. Different rules and who knows where he would have ended up.

The Nick that fought GSP was the same Nick as always. The older GSP that was slowing down is just a much better MMA fighter then Nick

And enough with the different rules shit. If it was a different sport, Nick might have done better? How does that make Nick look any better? In MMA he was never elite

I never said he was a bad fighter. He is a good fighter thats fun to watch and has a polarizing personality. He is not, and never has been an elite fighter though.

And like you said, context is everything. GSP was slowing down and had lost a bunch of his athleticism from injurys when he faced Nick. Anderson was also not the fighter he once was and was timid and scared coming back from his leg break

Mostly agree. I guess it depends on how you define 'elite'.

Who do you consider elite fighters? As opposed to all time greats?

Mostly agree. I guess it depends on how you define 'elite'.

Who do you consider elite fighters? As opposed to all time greats?

IDK, i guess fighters that beat multiple other top ranked fighters in their weight class. Someone like Rumble or Holloway may not be the champ, but are elite because they have beaten a bunch of top 10 fighters and a few top 5s.

2 low end top 10 wins in a 16 year career and going 2-7 vs ranked WWs is not elite to me

Nick fought scared and tried to be a counter striker
Anderson fought scared. He needed juice and was afraid to engage a guy moving up from 170.

hqdefault.jpg

(Conor loved that)
Y9A9WqX.jpg

IDK, i guess fighters that beat multiple other top ranked fighters in their weight class. Someone like Rumble or Holloway may not be the champ, but are elite because they have beaten a bunch of top 10 fighters and a few top 5s.

2 low end top 10 wins in a 16 year career and going 2-7 vs ranked WWs is not elite to me

Rankings are abitrary and strength of division matters. WW is incredibly more stacked than LHW.

Have you seen what defines a top "10 win" win in the LHW division?

never seen this before. nick comes off very nicely

The Nick that fought GSP was the same Nick as always. The older GSP that was slowing down is just a much better MMA fighter then Nick

And enough with the different rules shit. If it was a different sport, Nick might have done better? How does that make Nick look any better? In MMA he was never elite
Maybe I phrased that wrong. What I ment to say is that Nick was never any good at fighting under UFC rules. I'm not making any excuses on his behalf, not understand or refusing to play the game is his own damn fault. But Nick is fantastic at every aspect of fighting. He has amazing cardio, great stand up, lethal groundgame and an iron chin.

GSP started to look old beacuse he fought Jake Shields, Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz back to back. That's a killers row if there ever was one. Nick Diaz GOGO'd Gomi and knocked out Lawler. That's elite in my book and if you don't think so guy then I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Ronda's still a beast in my eyes

She needs coaching.

She needs to go back to the very basics of standup defense. Keeping that coconut off the center line.

She needs to drop Edmond's ass like it's hot.

She needs to contract Lucia Rijker as striking+mental coach.

She needs to come to terms with herself.

She needs to train with the Diaz brothers

and she needs to come back to whoop some ass and end her career in style.

Back