Ronda caught lying about UFC's gender equality.

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

"I'm the UFC Bantamweight Champion. I'm not the UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion."

"They totally got rid of it, and it's the only sport in the world to do that."

"It's the first sport in the world to completely eradicate the separation."

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Class/Women_Bantamweight

23lf874.jpg

EDIT: Just found this.

2:21
"Presenting the reigning, defending, undisputed, Women's Bantamweight Champion..."

:icon_lol:

Last edited:
Sounds like we need a TJ/Ronda Rowdy fight to make it undisputed who is the BW champ!!!! Make it happen Joke Silva!

Sounds like we need a TJ/Ronda Rowdy fight to make it undisputed who is the BW champ!!!! Make it happen Joke Silva!

I got TJ Thrillashaw via TKO on this one fellas, anyone wanna sig bet?

BlaringJoyfulKiwi.gif

Bruce called out Ronda as the ufc bantamweight champ at ufc 190.

Ducking Killashaw.

This is really a core reason why so many people dislike the Ronda hype train. Flat-out lying and dishonesty.

Nice move by the interviewer to compare her earnings against someone in a different sport.

We're going with Buffer's take on this while he screams and dances around the cage?

UFC rankings still haven't merged the two divisions. Ronda Rowdy is still listed as champion of WBW, not BW.

She's misspeaking clearly. She's muddled a few different points she's trying to make together. She does a ton of interviews. I've heard her try to make all of these points independently and she muddled them together in this interview. It happens.

- She's made the point before that it shouldn't be called WMMA because men's game isn't called Men's MMA. There's a few reasons why I don't agree with this, mostly involving how difficult it would make distinguishing champions in the same weight class, but it's a point she tries to make sometimes. Women don't compete in "WMMA" but the term WMMA is useful to use when talking about divisions. The problem is people sometimes say female fighters are WMMA fighters, which is a silly statement, and that's what her objections are.

- She's also saying this is the first major sport that has integrated women into the core promotion. There isn't a "WUFC," would be a better way to put what she was trying to say. That's the point she was trying to get across. She's entirely right about this, but didn't get the point across clearly.

Last edited:
She's misspeaking clearly. She's muddled a few different points she's trying to make together. She does a ton of interviews.

Misspeaking? She said definitively that they removed the W part of WBW and she's just the UFC BW champion. If she does a ton of interviews then she should have her lines down instead of sounding like Sarah Palin in an interview.

Last I checked she was actually ranked above him pound-for-pound.

Bruce called out Ronda as the ufc bantamweight champ at ufc 190.

Ahhh shit, so the UFC might actually do it and start referring to her as the BW champ just to further push their cash cow. Full shark jumping here people.

Having a "W" doesn't affect their equality, either way. The only way their equality is in question is in their inability to compete with men. There's nothing wrong with that, and if they can make the same money, or more, that's what really matters.

Back