Social Romney Biography: Oprah wanted to run with Mitt, Hawley hates America, and more

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
style-blogs-the-gq-eye-mittiron.gif

“Coppins writes that Romney told him Winfrey, a Democrat, made a pitch to run together “to save the country,” according to a source familiar with the manuscript.

Romney tells Coppins he dismissed the idea, believing that such a campaign would inadvertently help Trump.”

Wanted to start a new party with Manchin:

He privately approached Joe Manchin about building a new political party. They’d talked about the prospect before, but it was always hypothetical. Now Romney wanted to make it real. His goal for the yet-unnamed party (working slogan: “Stop the stupid”) would be to promote the kind of centrist policies. . .”

(Hawley and Cruz) were too smart, Romney believed, to actually think that Trump had won the 2020 election.

NYMag

A Manchin-Romney party would…not energize me, but I see a lot of people talking about the center being left behind. Interested? Also, Hawley and Cruz betrayed America in order to get political points.

I gotta read this. Mitt's spilling everything.
my gossipy girl needs will be met by Mitt.

A Manchin-Romney party would…not energize me, but I see a lot of people talking about the center being left behind. Interested? Also, Hawley and Cruz betrayed America in order to get political points.

When people talk about the "center being left behind," they don't really mean the center. They mean that there are no parties with the precise mix of leftist and rightist positions that they personally hold, which they imagine to be far more popular than it actually is. Any attempt to actually put the idea that we need a new centrist party into action reveals that people have radically different, incompatible ideas about what "centrist" means.

What the country really does need is a right-leaning party that isn't completely captured by political infotainment, unable to govern, and completely out of touch with reality. But the problem is that there isn't enough support for it (even though I think it would get a majority of the current GOP vote, it wouldn't win elections without the support of the crazies).

When people talk about the "center being left behind," they don't really mean the center. They mean that there are no parties with the precise mix of leftist and rightist positions that they personally hold, which they imagine to be far more popular than it actually is. Any attempt to actually put the idea that we need a new centrist party into action reveals that people have radically different, incompatible ideas about what "centrist" means.

What the country really does need is a right-leaning party that isn't completely captured by political infotainment, unable to govern, and completely out of touch with reality. But the problem is that there isn't enough support for it (even though I think it would get a majority of the current GOP vote, it wouldn't win elections without the support of the crazies).
I dunno man

Mitt didn't win in 2012 because he wasn't crazy enough

I would give a Mitt /Manchin party a look with Biden on ticket again.

Back