Romantically involved adult mother-son couple facing jailtime in NM

Should incest b/t adults *where there's no proof the relationship began prior to adulthood* be legal

• Yes

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 59.8%

• Total voters
Fine, but why? If it's just a random decision that you find icky, you have to accept that other people find other icky sexual relations to be wrong. See where this goes?
I see the way it goes, and I understand the argument. That is where societal norms come in to play.

I see the way it goes, and I understand the argument. That is where societal norms come in to play.

Societal norms don't dictate morality, and neither do they dictate a person's decision to decide what is moral. If you can arbitrarily decide that two siblings having sex is icky, then you need to accept that some people find gay sex icky, and you should not object.

I'm ok with licencing procreation.

:eek:

What about gay incest? Father/son? Mother/daughter? Etc.? Not even a change for procreation then, so there can't be an argument about genetics made.

:eek:

What about gay incest? Father/son? Mother/daughter? Etc.? Not even a change for procreation then, so there can't be an argument about genetics made.
Already answered that.

Societal norms don't dictate morality, and neither do they dictate a person's decision to decide what is moral. If you can arbitrarily decide that two siblings having sex is icky, then you need to accept that some people find gay sex icky, and you should not object.

Maybe not, but morality does dictate societal norms.

I have no problem with someone finding gay sex icky. They can not like it all they want. I don't even care if they don't want to bake a gay couple a cake, their choice.

Maybe not, but morality does dictate societal norms.

I have no problem with someone finding gay sex icky. They can not like it all they want. I don't even care if they don't want to bake a gay couple a cake, their choice.

I salute your consistency.

I'm ok with licencing procreation.
I can sort of see where you're coming from but at the same time I hope you can see why some people might find this idea objectionable or potentially problematic. Where does it end? Are we going to restrict the rights of people with low IQs to reproduce? Or how about communities with higher rates of genetic disorders like Ashkenazi Jews? I just see so many ways this idea can go off the rails.

I can sort of see where you're coming from but at the same time I hope you can see why some people might find this idea objectionable or potentially problematic. Where does it end? Are we going to restrict the rights of people with low IQs to reproduce? Or how about communities with higher rates of genetic disorders like Ashkenazi Jews? I just see so many ways this idea can go off the rails.
I absolutely understand why people would find it problematic. And it's something that would, in all likelihood, be impossible to administrate properly. My opinion on it stems from the fact that you need a licence for everything in this world, but any asshole can have a baby.

Back