Rolling into the twister

I-Shoji

Green Belt
Reaction score
Played around with this move a bit yesterday rolling with my buddy.

A decent way we found of setting it up is on an oponent on all 4's. Get one hook in on the side you are on, and lay across his back so that your upper body hangs over the other side of him. It's important to quickly release whatever controlling hold you had on him to get your hook in, and quickly put the arm near his head posting on the ground so that its tight against his armpit, but bending the elbow in under him a bit. the reason for this is that you will quickly pass that arm as you roll him so you can wrap his neck.

Now use the fact that you're laying across him to dive the arm you have on his waist side deep under him monkey rolling over on your shoulder. As you roll him cinch up the leg and you will find that if you placed that armpit arm right you will have already pinned his arm under you and be able to simply wrap around his head and twist.

That's right twist.

Make Chubby Checker proud.

I don't ever finish the twister, I normally take the back from ninja. I've nailed it a few times in training. It's really effective. There are loads of setups for the twister. Eddie went over them with us.. Half guard setups, rear mount setups, side control, knee ride, the works.

ive only gotten it once and i set it up from the back... i wish i could go to a bravo seminar or something.

John O'Brien said:
I don't ever finish the twister, I normally take the back from ninja. I've nailed it a few times in training. It's really effective. There are loads of setups for the twister. Eddie went over them with us.. Half guard setups, rear mount setups, side control, knee ride, the works.

Man, I'd like to check out his setups. Does he have a dvd series or something? If so, is it worth it?

I-Shoji said:
Man, I'd like to check out his setups. Does he have a dvd series or something? If so, is it worth it?

He has a documentary type thing that show's all his fighters. You can see how he setup's his twisters from there. It also has an instructional for his kamakai leglock in the hidden features.

Oh by the way, I think he is releasing a book. Maybe you should ask him about it.

Back