Rolled with a 4th degree black belt tonight

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I rolled with Adilson Lima, 4th degree black belt. I've never felt so helpless on the ground. He wasn't even doing anything, but he still tossed me around, passed my guard, mounted me, etc. with ease. He was giving a seminar and showed a bunch of really cool sweeps. I'm going to have to practice them a bit.

What belt are you? Not that it matters much against a 4th black belt lol

i'll admit im a white belt and the first time i went in i had 2 go against a purple belt and i felt helpless.

I'm a white belt still. I've been training for about 8 months or so now. My instructor always kind of toyed with me when I rolled with him. He's a 1st degree black belt, but it was nothing like this guy.

I rolled with an 8th degree and a 1st degree...averages out to 4.5. Still couldn't do anything against either one of them...even when they decided to drop the .5.

Yeah, but was his grip as strong as Todd's? I don't think so.

Dude you're just a white belt? How can you appreciate someone who's 4th degree vs. someone who's a 1st degree?

I'm a white belt, and it's very hard for me to tell the difference with the higher ranks, they're so exponentially better than me.

I took a private from this guy tonight. I've never taken a private before, but I wish I had taken plenty before. I can't believe how much I learned in an hour. It was just nonstop technique and drilling. Afterwards I rolled with this guy who normally taps me out in like 2 minutes. This time it was like a 15 minute battle. I swept him twice, past his guard, had his back and was going for a choke. I also had him in a kneebar but he slipped out. He eventually got me in this little wristlock that I never saw coming. I'm going to have to drill all the stuff he taught me today again tomorrow so I don't forget it all.

I took a private from this guy tonight. I've never taken a private before, but I wish I had taken plenty before. I can't believe how much I learned in an hour. It was just nonstop technique and drilling. Afterwards I rolled with this guy who normally taps me out in like 2 minutes. This time it was like a 15 minute battle. I swept him twice, past his guard, had his back and was going for a choke. I also had him in a kneebar but he slipped out. He eventually got me in this little wristlock that I never saw coming. I'm going to have to drill all the stuff he taught me today again tomorrow so I don't forget it all.
You have 8 months of training and are going for kneebars? Seems a little fast to me. White belts are generally not allowed to go for anything other than a straight foot lock, and even then, I've seen instructors break it up when a white belt goes for an achilles lock.

Wow you were working the guy, was his name Khristian Geraci?

So, a guy that normally hands you your ass wasn't able to after you spent an hour in a private? :icon_neut

you passed his guard and had his back?!

I think not!

Back