Rolled ankle.. help!!!

ali23

White Belt
Reaction score
I threw a roundhouse, brought my leg back and rolled the left foot on the outside.. it happened tuesday.. there is pain still, but its not extreme where i cant walk but i can defenitely feel it.. i havent trained since.. i have iced, taken advil, wearing one of these compression sleeves.. can someone help me go from here.. what should i do.. i feel like i can get back into training but the pain might get worst right after...

the pain is felt on the outer portion, starting from the hinge spreading up the ankle..

Take a week off training. In the week, keep your ankle lightly mobile (light ankle rotations, foot pumps, short calf stretch). When you go back, if it's still hurting, stay away from left roundhouses until you can handle it. Work on left knees instead, hell it's what I had to do after I sprained my ankle badly.

Just give it time, keep your ROM up, don't push it.

Keep icing it.

When you go train, tape it up. If you really want to, you can buy an ankle brace.

My ankle is messed up cause someone landed a straight ankle lock on me lol

Icing beyond 72 hours from an injury isn't that useful, and can actually be counter-productive, especially if you're not rehabilitating the range of motion.

go to the doctor cuz if you tore the tendens you will want to get it casted trust me i rolled mine and tore tendens in march and i took the cast off myself to early and it hasnt healed right yet

Icing beyond 72 hours from an injury isn't that useful, and can actually be counter-productive, especially if you're not rehabilitating the range of motion.

sorry i didnt bother reading his post lol

just typed some advice..as i thought this was just a recent injury.

That's how I severely sprained my ankle which put me on the sidelines for 3 months. I suggest going to a doctor to get it looked at.

Back