Roid Rage Rodeo Bull vs. Adult Male Lion

There are a few videos you can find that depict this scenario. A lion might fare better in the wild but it gets obliterated in a cage match.

Bulls generally lost to lions in the Roman arenasbut they were tiny and non aggressive in comparison to fighting bulls today.

All depends on the hide thickness of a bull. With the muscles that pronounced far more likely to bleed out.

My bet would be two dead animals If they fought in arena

Rodeo Bull is like a Rhino, I don't think a Lion would even try to engage with a massive Rodeo Bull like that. It'll just walk away and look for easier prey.

I’m no rodeo expert but of the few I’ve been to, I swear those bulls know exactly what’s going on and that they’re the stars of the show

Organized Rodeo is one of the OG cornerstones of American culture - right up with there with the Bill of Rights, National Parks and uh, Steakhouses - and bull riding is no doubt the apex event. It's why the PBR was able to spin off so successfully as a solo discipline organization in the 1990s. A lot of bucking bulls have a good idea of what's going on, some more than others.

They are the toughest athletes on the planet, but Bodacious was the only to ever be retired at the peak of his powers on account of being too dangerous for the world's best bull riders to continue to risk riding. And yet he never mauled a rider; never intentionally stepped on a rider; never came back to 'finish' a rider; never attacked a bull fighter clown. He was a fucking professional and will never be forgotten.

I love that he was buried standing upright.

Rodeo Bull is like a Rhino, I don't think a Lion would even try to engage with a massive Rodeo Bull like that. It'll just walk away and look for easier prey.

Rhino and bulls are in separate weight classes. Rhinos are absolutely not to be fucked with.

The largest rhinos are massive and can be many times bigger than bulls.

Rhino and bulls are in separate weight classes. Rhinos are absolutely not to be fucked with.

The largest rhinos are massive and can be many times bigger than bulls.

Yeah buffalo vs rhino is good way nature remind us weight classes exist for a reason lol

They often scrap because buffalo is too ballsy and too stupid for his own good
Even if one should recognize often rhino is impressed/scared at first by buffalo's aggression at pushing, then rhino realize he can bulldoze it and shit end up into buffalos getting flipped and fucked up

Ironically same shit happening but inverted roles when rhino meet elephant
Lucky for africa heavyweights full grown elephants don't seems interested at wreck shit (unless it's musth period), are excited adolescent not fully grown young elephants killing rhinos, buffalos and whatever else stupid enough to not run lol

Best story was humans releasing big adult elephants in an area where there was only young ones(adults were been killed by poachers) that were attacking other animals at much higher rate than normal, whoever thought that solution end up being right because as soon big ones were introduced the youth became more quiet and returned to normal behaviour

Nature is awesome

Bull and water buffalo are comparable in size. Buffalo maybe a bit bigger.

Alone Male lion is going to struggle with a full grown, prime buffalo, so a bull might be able to kill it also.

Buffalo hunting almost exclusively happens in packs.

Probably going with the bull on this one.
Although there is a significant difference between something a predator is willing to hunt and something it could potentially beat in a fight to the death.

Predators will tend to try and limit the risk of injury whilst hunting.

Are we talking a Waygu bull or a Prime Black Angus bull? At first thought you would think the Waygu would have the better chance at taking the KOTJ belt due to growing up in a much more prestigious area, demanding a much higher purse, while also coming in quite a bit leaner, but they do have a tendency to be very soft and also extremely tasty ensuring he will be facing a very motivated lion which is never good.

On the other hand the Prime Black Angus starts off with "Prime" in its name and we already know it is not possible to lose in prime. The Black Angus does have a bit more fat around the edges but if it can trim that down just long enough to make weight those few extra pounds would make the Bull a much tougher opponent for the lion to swallow and allow it to buck the odds, charging through to the final horn with a victory.

gallery_1641_81_134393.jpg

If we speak consecutively is'nt 50/50 anymore though :D

Would mean bear went through first two without taking any crippling injury reaching third healthy and fresh enough

Story also add that
"Often, a single grizzly would fight many bulls consecutively until the home team won"
Often and many lol
Sounds like giant good old bullshit tbh

But again I'm not even calling it necessary fake, as said they could have used cattle that for whatever reason would not put up good fight (possibly because bear making these shows made them money)

Just watch some corrida vid, see how easily roidrage spanish bull flip in the air and gore horse of similar size with protection and rider on top... if we want think a very very large grizzly can kill a bull like that (wich i find possible), it's far less likely he goes unscathed through 2 or "multiple" fights

If bears could do all that ninja shit on roidrage bulls, american bison would have been on the menu long ago, instead we have
"direct killing of non-calves is rare even when targeting lone and injured young individuals"

Plus often these stories came up from California, if we want assume they used extinct California Grizzly we have good example about how bear figure was exagerated

"The California grizzly was historically considered an enormous bear. Father Pedro Font, an early missionary, described the local grizzly bears, writing, "He was horrible, fierce, large, and fat."[15] In the 1800s, multiple newspaper accounts mentioned bears weighing well over 1,000 pounds (450 kg); the hind foot of one particular adult male grizzly was measured at 12 inches (300 mm) long by 8 inches (200 mm) wide, and claws were often 2 inches (51 mm) wide by 3.5 inches (89 mm) long.[16] Measurements of museum specimens, however, demonstrate that this bear was no larger than those present in the rest of North America, with average body size estimates ranging from 104 kilograms (229 lb) to 252 kilograms (556 lb) depending on methodology.[3]"

Tbh that's not even a bear thing, wild animals size specially in the past almost ever end up be fisherman story kind of shit lol
Our grandpas just loved them good stories, the trend of science ruining the magic adding actual truth is much more recent

Even if is same shit we do today on Sherdog, when people talk about animals usually seem to imagine max record sizes as the norm lol
The odds of getting tails 3 times in a row is 1/8, 12.5%. And this isnt even a 50/50 matchup, the bear won most of the time. So this definitely happened and is not farfetched at all.

I don't know, but it would be bloody and brutal. The thing is though I'm not sure how a lone Lion would do, because they like to be in groups, they are pack animals really. When you see them alone attacking its generally something small, and they prefer if they are injured already or young. If they attack a much larger animal like a Zebra or Wildebeest its because there is lots of them, usually the Lioness will be there and also many other family members.

The Lions pride is critical in all big kills, sometimes they can have well over 40 in the pride. Its a huge factor. And if you see a lone Lion attacking a huge animal its not alone, the pride is somewhere there in the location close by, but just the camera is not showing it, because like I said they are very attached and have a big bond and won't go far from each other

Bulls I honestly don't know much about, only what I have seen in the Bull rings.

Would you rather do the running of the bulls or the running of the lions?

There's your answer right there.

It makes me wonder what are the biological differences between water buffalo and rodeo bulls, because water buffalo are bigger and are more active via running in the wild...and it makes me wonder how rodeo bull would react amidst an apex predator... run or attack?

My guess is they will attack in the same way you see videos of dogs attacking lions or tigers by instinct. The ones used for spanish corridas are pretty much breed to charge.

As has been said before in a casual encounter Lion or Tiger will probably decide to not mess with a heavy and crazy animal, not sure how it will go in a battle to the death.

It's hard to imagine a lion surviving a massive roid rage bull storming straight at it and making a direct hit. Think it would get badly stunned then bull could win by ground and pound. Lion would have more finesse and fighting skill though so if avoided bulls first attacks think it outlasts bull and eventually pulls out the win

Which 2 fighters equate best to a bull v lion? Damn we need to get Rogan to discuss this on his next podcast

Back